xUnitConverter (with simple calculator) www

Xlobby plugin development

Postby PhilB on Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:24 am

You got me exactly. Did you try the skin?
PhilB
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:38 pm

Postby art on Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:53 am

Yes, I did try it - nice and clean approach. Like the separate screen for individual type of units.

Now to the changes:
in "xlobby\plugins" folder you need to have "xUnitConverter"sub-folder, in that sub-folder create plain text file "dictionary.txt" and place your description of units in it, in format:

unit_from_plug-in=description

Just make sure unit_from_plug-in is exactly the same as in the plug-in.
And of 'course new command "Clear_Units". Try it and let me know...

new dll
art
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:40 am
Location: Allen, TX

Postby PhilB on Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:55 pm

Clear units seems to work fine.

I gave the description.txt a quick try and it seems to work. Need to build them all out to be sure.

Also, try my skin and convert 12 inches to 1 ft. Notice how the input field shows "127". Not sure why it does that.

Also, if you just click "convert" without selecting any numbers first, the input field shows "7". That could be a clue to the other issue.

Thanks,
PB
PhilB
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:38 pm

Postby art on Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:24 pm

PhilB wrote:Clear units seems to work fine.

I gave the description.txt a quick try and it seems to work. Need to build them all out to be sure.


Glad it works (for now anyway) one thing - just to clear it up - name of the file is hard coded and it has to be "dictionary.txt"

PhilB wrote:Also, try my skin and convert 12 inches to 1 ft. Notice how the input field shows "127". Not sure why it does that.

Also, if you just click "convert" without selecting any numbers first, the input field shows "7". That could be a clue to the other issue.


Issue was quite simple, your "convert" button has an ID "show>7" - you probably copied this button and forgot about ID :wink:
art
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:40 am
Location: Allen, TX

Postby PhilB on Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:50 pm

Yep I missed the show>7. I tend to copy alot so it happens. I will let you know after I have finished building out the rest of the functions and post the updated skin.

Thanks,
PB
PhilB
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:38 pm

Postby PhilB on Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:55 pm

I built out all the conversion functions that I think would be common to use. If someone wants to use others, it is easy to make that change. The events are still in the skin, just not used.

http://pballai.homeip.net/Phil/MusicServer/MusicServer.html

The Temperature functions cause Xlobby not to start. I have included the Temperature.xml as a seperate download. If you include it in the skin, and restart XL, it wont start with the latest .exe. If you remove it, all is fine. I recreated it two times so I am not sure what is wrong. Did not have this with any of the other screens and temp was not different in terms of structure.

You will also need to save the Dictionary.txt if you want the extended descriptions.

Take a look at the temp issue and see if you can tell what the problem is and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
PB

[/url]
PhilB
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:38 pm

Postby art on Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:14 pm

PhilB wrote:The Temperature functions cause Xlobby not to start. I have included the Temperature.xml as a seperate download. If you include it in the skin, and restart XL, it wont start with the latest .exe. If you remove it, all is fine. I recreated it two times so I am not sure what is wrong. Did not have this with any of the other screens and temp was not different in terms of structure.


I took a quick look at the file you’ve posted on your website and it looks like the problem is more in XL than plug-in. You have an event group called “common events & unused units” and the “&” is the problem – XL didn’t save it in xml format. To quickly fix it open your file in the notepad and rename lines (I think there are 2 of them) with

<eventid>common events & unused units

to

<eventid>common events &amp; unused units

I think I’ve seen a bug report about that, but it was more about names of events and not event groups. I don't know why only this one screen has this problem, since this is your "common" group I assume you're using events from it in your other screens (I didn't have time to look at other screens yet). To be on the safe side I would rename your event group to “common events and unused units”.

EDIT: Here is this bug report:
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4379

EDIT II:
I just downloaded your other screens and it looks like you have the same problem in other screens as well. I'm not sure how you were able to load them - I was getting errors till I checked all screens and change the "&" to "&amp;"
Last edited by art on Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
art
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:40 am
Location: Allen, TX

Postby PhilB on Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:37 am

Wow good catch. I have no idea how it was loading but I made the change to eliminate the "&" with "and". Loads fine now.

I updated the complete skin. Thanks for all the help.

PB
PhilB
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:38 pm

Previous

Return to Plugins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

cron