FIXED: Android Native APK, bug: Force Close

You find a bug! You post it here!

FIXED: Android Native APK, bug: Force Close

Postby lar282 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:27 am

Hi
found two issues

1:/ Native screen after u long press on screen:
If I list albums it gives me a list of the same albums like 20 times, see picture. Nothing happens when I press one. -:(

2:/If I list artist and then press an artist and make it play, the app Force closes, crashes.

I think this has to do with the fact that I am importing my mp3's as ARTIST:Album, so its easy for u to replicate as long as u import ARTIST:ALBUM

Is the new native interface(long press) ment to be the music interface or is it planned to be able to skin as usuall and categories will work in the future?

Both of the above happens on both devices. HTC desire and Galaxy 10.1
Regards

//Lasse
Attachments
listalbums.png
Last edited by lar282 on Wed May 09, 2012 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
lar282

Re: Android Native APK, bug: Force Close

Postby stevenhanna6 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:21 pm

Should work now,

Make sure you have the latest bleeding edge and latest android update.

Not sure if the new native interface will be skinnable, I made a couple more fixes for categories they might be working now depending. The default categories should work fine, it's the custom ones that might give some issues.

I was not able to reproduce the "Force Close" crash when selecting an artist from the list.
stevenhanna6

Postby lar282 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:32 pm

Still force close, crash. Everytime xlobby starts to play from native.
I dont want native to be skinnable, just asking if categories will be supported in the future. Regular android that is?

Albums looks right now thoughm but crashes on play.

Got a log, doubt if it helps. Will try and post from the tab.......doesnt work. Pulling out real computer soon :-)
Last edited by lar282 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lar282

Postby stevenhanna6 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:40 pm

The basic categories work right now, movies and music for example with the default setup.

You would have to let me know if something custom isn't, not everything will get translated over correctly. I've made a couple fixed related to more customized category stuff, what wasn't working before might work now.
stevenhanna6

Postby lar282 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:39 pm

Edit my post after u posted :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
lar282

Postby lar282 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:51 pm

stevenhanna6 wrote:The basic categories work right now, movies and music for example with the default setup.

You would have to let me know if something custom isn't, not everything will get translated over correctly. I've made a couple fixed related to more customized category stuff, what wasn't working before might work now.

Hi steven
Did u try to import as artist and open an album and play one song?
Wierd that both my devices force close when try to play from native interface. Happens exactly the second the server starts to play

Lasse
lar282

Postby lar282 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:22 am

here is the log from the Android device when it force close when trying to play music from native interface

//Lasse
Attachments
xlforceclose.txt
(8.81 KiB) Downloaded 523 times
lar282

Postby lar282 on Mon May 07, 2012 6:56 pm

Found this in the log. Does it help?

ConnectedState{ what=65619 when=-2ms arg1=96 } handleMessage: X <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?> <patterns> <pattern> <match>foobar2000</match> <xlobbyvolume>100%</xlobbyvolume> <xlobbytracktime>2:16</xlobbytracktime> <xlobbytracktimetotal>5:17</xlobbytracktimetotal> <xlobbytrackname>The End Of Innocence</xlobbytrackname> <xlobbytrackartist>Don Henley</xlobbytrackartist> <xlobbytrackalbum>The Very Best Of Don Henley</xlobbytrackalbum> <xlobbytrackcover>http://192.168.1.9:8002/images/xlobby.db.music.-1588319480.jpg</xlobbytrackcover>; <xlobbytrackAlbumHash>-1588319480</xlobbytrackAlbumHash> <xlobbytrackper>42,9%</xlobbytrackper> </pattern> </patterns> GC_EXPLICIT freed 337K, 42% free 7617K/12999K, paused 11ms+4ms <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?> <patterns /> Shutting down VM threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x400f9760) FATAL EXCEPTION: main java.lang.NumberFormatException: Invalid float: "42,9" at org.apache.harmony.luni.util.FloatingPointParser.invalidReal(FloatingPointParser.java:78) at org.apache.harmony.luni.util.FloatingPointParser.parseFloat(FloatingPointParser.java:334) at java.lang.Float.parseFloat(Float.java:322) at test.HelloWeb.XlobbyView.PostVolumeUpdate(XlobbyView.java:1939) at test.HelloWeb.XLobbyProject$WorkerUpdater$1.run(XLobbyProject.java:1264) at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:587) at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92) at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:132) at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4126) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:491) at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:844) at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:602) at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method) Force finishing activity test.HelloWeb/.MainScreen Dumpstate > /data/log/dumpstate_app_error
lar282

Postby lar282 on Tue May 08, 2012 11:59 am

Hi Steven

I found why the android app crashes for me and not for you guys.
It is because of the regional setting of the operating system(not android) set to SWEDISH and not English or Canada.
We use , instead of . so that is why the crash happen IF music is playing when native interface is open. - Should be really easy for u to fix and then u even support international customers.

FATAL EXCEPTION: main
java.lang.NumberFormatException: Invalid float: "42,9"
at org.apache.harmony.luni.util.FloatingPointParser.invalidReal(FloatingPointParser.java:78)
at org.apache.harmony.luni.util.FloatingPointParser.parseFloat(FloatingPointParser.java:334)
at java.lang.Float.parseFloat(Float.java:322)
at test.HelloWeb.XlobbyView.PostVolumeUpdate(XlobbyView.java:1939)
at test.HelloWeb.XLobbyProject$WorkerUpdater$1.run(XLobbyProject.java:1264)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:587)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:132)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4126)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:491)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:844)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:602)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
Force finishing activity test.HelloWeb/.MainScreen
Dumpstate > /data/log/dumpstate_app_error
Begin

Please let me know if u intend to fix it -
lar282

Re: FIXED: Android Native APK, bug: Force Close

Postby lar282 on Wed May 09, 2012 6:34 am

Fixed by Steven last night. THANK YOU -:)

//Lasse
lar282

Return to Bug Tracking / Reports