XL V3 Pro hardware plane

Systems, Graphic Cards, Wireless Devices

XL V3 Pro hardware plane

Postby abobader on Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:02 am

Gentlemen,

Sorry if I post in the wrong forum.

From reading post here and there in this forums, I got the idea the new XL 3 pro will be based as server/s and clients hardware, are we talking here as complete systems as Kaleidescape or similar setup?

If so, what hardware based the server, or addon to our servers hardware be need it from you beside the software? The clients setup, how it will be?

I am at the main time lost all hope for my requested to see the light in XL 2, and looking a head for the upcoming XL 3 pro.

My needs about 10 clients easy hardware box playing for whatever server/s controllers be.

Fully understand if you do not like to go post a public about the issue at the moment, but can we go by email if that possible.

I sure like to know if the upcoming XL 3 pro will fit my need, or I should look else where for it.

I am not not looking for the price object here at all, but the operational and hardware setup.

My best.
abobader

Postby wesblack on Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:58 pm

Calrad has already put several test systems in place over the past 1-2 months in large homes, with multi zone audio and video using Xlobby, our 8 x 8 matrix switcher and we are able to successfully have 1 server, 4 clients watch 4 seperate movies streams at the same time any place in the home as well as multiple satellite pvr's, cable STB units. We are currently adding more features to make implementation and setup of these types of systems easier for the user, system integrators. Our focus is on connectivity and the reliability of the content to perform in a multi-room environment. So Calrad's client server based solutions in all versions of Xlobby are definately a priority goal.

Wes
wesblack

Postby samgreco on Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:38 pm

Wes,

Thanks for all of the replies so far.

I think the question is, will all of the same functionality be available in the software for other manufacturer's hardware? At least that's what I'm reading into it and what I'd like to know :)

So I have, for instance, a Xantech ZPR68-10 with 10 zones of output. Will Xlobby, in it's new form support that? (even genereically through RS-232)

Sam
samgreco

Postby abobader on Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:29 pm

Thanks for the general info.

Kindly direct me to the hardware you using for (so I get more informations):

wesblack wrote:.. our 8 x 8 matrix switcher and we are able to successfully have 1 server, 4 clients watch 4 seperate movies streams at the same time any place in the home

And:

wesblack wrote:... as well as multiple satellite pvr's, cable STB units.

As these are switches, any info about the unites/items been testing these on?

My best.
abobader

Return to xLobby Hardware