Xlobby Media System

Systems, Graphic Cards, Wireless Devices

Xlobby Media System

Postby wesblack on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:46 am

Here is one of Calrad's new xLobby media systems. More details and specifications will be available soon. The front panel case has a built-in IR receiver and VFD display.

Xlobby Media System

Front Panel Connectivity, USB, Firewire, Headphone Output, Power Button

DVD Drive

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby m_ski on Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:48 am

The case looks very nice.

Is it going to be built with super-quiet components suitable for usage in a lounge? - that is an essential feature for me.

Something that annoys me about my hardware is that I do not currently have a standby LED, the main power LED just flashes when in standby mode so I have disconnected it.

It would be real nice to have a red LED like most other HiFi components when the system is on standby, and then maybe a blue LED when the system is actually ON. I have worked out a way of doing this using the +5VSB power and a dual color LED but have just never got around to wiring it up yet.
m_ski

Silverstone LC03-V, Intel E2220 2.4GHz, Scythe Mini Ninja Heatsink,
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L , Crucial 2Gb PC2-6400,
Sapphire HD 3470 256MB (Passive),
120Gb Samsung Spinpoint SATA, 500Gb Seagate FreeAgent USB2,
DVB-T: DNTV Live! Pro, DNTV TinyUSB2
m_ski

Postby cmhardwick on Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:12 pm

Call me old fashioned, but I've never understood the trend towards having a button lightup with you turn a system off. When I shut down my components, I want them dark. having a "standby" light is just a waste to me. Heck, I've even seen some sytems that the light doesn't change color when you power it on, it goes off, completely counter-intuitive!

just my 2cents!

:)
Cicero ... loving xLobby, both versions ... now just to get all the new toys ...
cmhardwick

Postby bpdp379 on Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:04 am

To each his own, I love that on my JVC D-ILA I can make the blue power button go dark when it is getting a signal. I really don't want to see a bank of lights when watching my theater. The darker when on, the better...
bpdp379

Return to xLobby Hardware