5th Pre-Release Readyhttp://www.xlobby.com/xlobby_2.0.7177.12.exe
Expires August 7th 2007
Let me go through the major changes/additions.
1) MP3 playback has been changed to a bit. I have noticed a few issues with some mp3s, the major one being that some just wouldn't play...this should fix that.
2) There is now a new playlist screen for creating and editing music playlists.
3) Help screens, there are some initial help screens Wes created now available in the system. Hit F1 to jump to the help menu.
4) A category with multiple columns can now assign an event and/or image to the column, this was used in the new playlist section if you want to see how it works.
5) Select an "Output Device" aka sound card to do multiple internal audio zones. I have to add a note of caution here, I just got this working the other day so I have not tested it much....also note if you want to do multi zone audio you will have to start the "xnet" server which is buggy since I have not had time to fix it's code. But if you still want to give it a try, be my guest. Also note your computer will basically have to see multiple soundcards for your outputs....meaning usually windows will not assign each output on a 5.1 sound card to 3 stereo outputs. But there may be a driver that will allow you do this. Now that brings me to something else, software synching....yes it's very hard to do....it might and it might not work (still using old code). On the flip side there are 2 ideas we have for the synching issue, one is software based the other is hardware....I know for a fact the hardware one would work but the software one needs more investigation at this time.
1) Movie Direct spider should be working more accurately
2) Music Direct spider has been added, but its accuracy isn't that great right now
4) Various screens have been cleaned up some more
5) "F2->Info Set", allows one to set static information that is stored in the xlobby.xml file, this information can be used in the skin, for example %variable>static>telephone%
1)Internet radio, I'm in the process of getting this up and running.
2)CDEX plugin will be updated to allow people to more easily rip cds into the system
3)A new communications/interface layer for xlobby, this is something being built from scratch it will allow for any number of hardware/software components to communicate with xlobby
Also note .NET 3.0 will become required for xlobby in future releases. Just warning you guys now, there are some things I need to do in .NET 3.0 that I can't do right now.
Yes I'm still working on the forum, it's not staying in it's current form. I do have to make more changes.
PS As you can see I have 16days worth of music in my playlist using the "all tracks" button located on "controls", I point this out because 16 days is not really a lot. We have tested the system with one anonymous users content that gave a result of about 180 days worth of music in the playlist. It would have been christmas by the time the playlist finished