CCTV PCI DVR card

Video streaming sites and links to streams

CCTV PCI DVR card

Postby vaporhat on Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:05 pm

I have an existing CCTV camera system that I would like to tie into XL. I am currently using a Geovision DVR card but I would switch over to something different if it was already integrated into XL. What I am not willing to do is switch over all my cameras.

Is there currently any DVR solution built into the back-end of XL that I can try or is there a vision plan that I can prep for? I see the place holder although it appear that it is currently set-up for an external DVR system??
-3RiC
vaporhat

Re: CCTV PCI DVR card

Postby smarty on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:22 pm

I also use a Geo card, but am reluctant to switch (I use a 1240 card - 8 cams and higher dollar approx $750).

The card and Geo software are VERY feature rich. I would REALLY like to see some bettwer ways to have Geo integrate into Xlobby (I presently show my cams in Xlobby using Geo's Webserver functionality).

Just my 2 cents.
Elk M1, PowerHome, Insteon, GeoVision DVR, XLobby & SageTV
smarty

Postby wesblack on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:27 pm

Question ? What are you looking to do that you can not do with your current setup.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby vaporhat on Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:58 am

wesblack wrote:Question ? What are you looking to do that you can not do with your current setup.

Wes Black \ Calrad

I am looking to have an integrated feel to the software. Not just a program overlay. Something I can mesh into my XL. I am not looking for added functionality, in fact I wouldn't mind trading capability for integration.

For those that are using Geovision, can you post up a few screen shots on how you have included the software into XL? and give some details on the configuration?
Thanks.
-3RiC
vaporhat

Postby smarty on Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:09 pm

seccam3.jpg
Geo Webserver - Single cam view
Just a few notes about my Xlobby set-up relating to GeoVision DVR security cam integration.....

-I am using paid Xlobby Ver 2 (the last V2 update).
-My Geovision DVR is on it's own dedicated computer (Xp Pro - Stable). Nothing else runs on this computer. I am VERY security "concerned"; I do not want anything to interfere with the proper functioning of the DVR (that is why it is a stand alone system).

There are two ways that I display my Geo camera's with Xlobby.
One method is where I use Geo's web server and display the camera feed within Xlobby via a Internet Explorer window. Geo has multiple webservers, so it could be a single camera display or mutple cameras displayed. Because I run a 1024x768 resolution on my touchscreens, I use a single camera display (multi-cam display webserver is to large with 1024x768 screen resolution - no room for side buttons that open the gate or turn the gate lights on/off).

The other method I use to view all 8 cams (all at once) within Xlobby is to use display them via a SageTV window using the Xmovewindow Xlobby plugin. I do this by routing the video feed out of the Geo DVR card into a device that turns the feed into a TV channel. Then the feed goes into one of my TV tuner cards, and then to a SageTV channel (it is easier than it sounds).

To answer Wes's question, I would like to be able to bring the single or multiple cam feed into Xlobby (with window re-sizing capabilities). I would also like the ability to send my Geo DVR commands from Xlobby that the Geo softfware could understand (like change camera view, stop realtime view and start the review of the video log etc). To my knowledge, Geo does not have commands that let you "speak to it" via widows type sendmesages (boy... that would be great).
Attachments
seccam1.jpg
SageTV multi cam view
smarty

Postby smarty on Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:45 pm

Update,
Please see this link for additional tools that MIGHT (I haven't tried them yet) allow for better Geo intergration into Xlobby.

http://www.cctvforum.com/about9745.html
smarty

Postby vaporhat on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:08 pm

smarty wrote: I do this by routing the video feed out of the Geo DVR card into a device that turns the feed into a TV channel. Then the feed goes into one of my TV tuner cards, and then to a SageTV channel (it is easier than it sounds).

What device did you use for this? I have a GV-800 and it does not have a video out. Am I out of luck?

I like your SageTV set-up and would like to replicate something similar.
-3RiC
vaporhat

Return to Video Streaming