Page 1 of 1

Xlobby Media Player Video Help

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:33 pm
by smarty
I am trying to track down an Xlobby Media Player playback issue. Certain ripped DVD's that used to play fine with Xlobby media player on my old system now cause the media player to hang on my updated Win 7 system.

I recently upgraded from Vista to Win 7 on my Xlobby box (clean install - no hardware changes - just the OS upgrade). After loading Xlobby, I loaded FFDShow from the Xlobby page (same as what I did on my Vista set-up). I also configued my Alt-F2 media player (and other) settings in the same manner as i did with Vista. Now however, during ripped movie playback, I only see the FFDShow AUDIO decoder being used, not BOTH audio and video decoders from FFDSHOW.

I am thinking that my system is using some other non-ffshow video decoder and this decoder is causing the media player to freeze in certain (repeatable) spots on my ripped DVD's

Any sugestsions?

Re: Xlobby Media Player Video Help

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:01 pm
by ironcross
Sounds like a Merits issue. You might want to try something like RadLight filter manager and change the order of filter priorities.

Re: Xlobby Media Player Video Help

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:48 pm
by porscheman
i gave up on win7. i finally got the vid playing on it with sound, but everytime i would use the FF comand it would crash. could seek with a mouse and the progress bar, but not the FF. XP works great

Re: Xlobby Media Player Video Help

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:23 pm
by smarty
OK, I think I got it working and figured out. For video playback, I had not installed DScaler5 codec (FFDShow was not the issue).

I figured this out by booting from my old Vista OS disk, running Xlobby and playing a movie. While the movie was playing, I hit alt-F2 and in the "Media Player" tab you can see what filters or decoders are being used for the playing movie.

In my case I notice that on my Vista system (the system that played movies flawlessly), I had the "DScaler Mpeg2 Video Decoder" listed in the "configure filter" box. This decoder was not in or on my Windows 7 system. The rad light filter manager (under the Direct Show settings) also confirmed this.

So, I googled and installed the latest DScaler5 package and IT NOW WORKS A-OK!