Page 2 of 2

Re: Xant Help

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:56 am
by dhcf23
Ok so I tried changing the [movies] to [Movies] and then it seemed like it started to do something.

I got to this point while Xlobby was loading building Guide: movies but then it would error <database xmlns="> was not expected

Not even positive this was related to this plug in since when I removed all the stuff for the plug in it still errored. I ended up reinstalling Xlobby again since I would constantly get this new error every time I tried to load Xlobby.

After reinstall I tried again with the plugin and nothing happens again.

Re: Xant Help

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:00 pm
by Marbles_00
Xlobby was loading building Guide: movies but then it would error <database xmlns="> was not expected


This confuses me. Why would the message say "Guide: movies"? That should be loading the EPG at that point and should say something like Program Guide: xmltv or whatever your EPG is called, if setup. The movies xml should have loaded with databases. Most likely during loading xlobby would sit momentarily at Plugins while Xant builds the database, then it should say eventually Databases as it loads the databases then down the way it should say Program Guide:... Do you have an EPG called movies, or is there a movies.xml sitting in your xlobby\xmltv directory?

Re: Xant Help

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:13 pm
by scottw
I don't know if it is related but my XL machine restarted yesterday due to Automatic Updates and now XL wont start. The problem seems to be with a .net update. I removed the updated but it is still hosed, going to try to reinstall .net when I get home. I dont know if you are having the same problem.

Re: Xant Help

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:24 pm
by dhcf23
Ok so it turns out the plugin was still not working and it had nothing to do with the plugin at all. I did in fact drop a movies.xml file in that folder. I had stuck a movies.xml file from another xlobby install into the databases folder in this one to test with an already created movies database and then when I went to move that one out I dragged it out and just dropped it into a random folder. It was the xmltv folder...I didn't know what that one did!!

So I am up and running again, not having any .net issues just brain issues on my side. So I am still at the same point where I can't seem to get that plugin to work. I'll keep trying!!