How to sneak data out of VBS?

related to programming for xlobby, code samples, examples etc.

How to sneak data out of VBS?

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:07 pm

So while implementing my new bollox skin and it's accessory pluginware i found myself in a bit of a pickle. Against my will i have to write some .VBS script and im not really your basic fellow, so i thought ill trouble the script kiddies at xlobby.com :D

Point is i have to get VBS script to communicate (one way) with my own app. So what would be most referable approach to achieve this? First i thought windows messages, but im not sure if FindWindow and SendMessage are offered for .VBS to (ab)use?
P3rv3rt B3ar

Re: How to sneak data out of VBS?

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:54 pm

Cant anybody help me with this :( I tested a back channel based on MsgBox (u know .vbs keeps pooping up dummy boxes and my c++ code reads and closes them) and this idea (however retarded it seems) kinda works, but problem arises cause dialogs by MsgBox function are not nonmodal and hence block the host program, even though minimally, but considering my application area its vital to run real time. I feel like fish on dry land with this .VBS BS so please give me pointers for some easy way of message passing...
P3rv3rt B3ar