Touchscreen Music Controller Skin

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Re: Touchscreen Music Controller Skin

Postby BaddaBing on Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:18 am

BaddaBing,

Would you be able to give more detail on the enclosure?? I have a 10" Lilliput that I mounted a little low so my daughter could reach it. Me being a little bit taller makes it hard for me to see because this touchscreen has a bad viewing angle from the top. Being able to tilt it would be awesome if it was not to hard to make.

Thanks,Scott

Sure Scott,

It isn't as fancy as it sounds. I opened the touchscreen case and found that there was space between the outside of the case and the inner 'guts'.

So I built this out of 1/2 inch thick plywood and piece of scrap moulding I had laying around:

I built a box with inner dimensions just about a 1/4 inch larger than the touchscreen outer dimensions. The screen is held in place by a pin on either side of the box that fit into holes I drilled into either side of the case. The pins are just some cut down nails. Not shown in the illustration are two more pins that act as stops to keep the screen from tilting too far in either direction.

The entire thing slides into the wall and is held in place by a friction fit. ( I was very carefull cutting out the hole - mearsure twice - cut once :wink: )
The edges are hidden behind the molding around the box and I can pull the whole thing out of the wall if need be.

While the Liliput is a smaller screen all you need is the tiniest bit of clearance, just enought to have the pin go through the case and not touch anything inside. Good luck!

i have a few ibm thinkpads laying around i was going to use for that, then i went to V3 so i scrapped that idea, the license for the q1 and the server is good enough for now. (trying to save money)
not sure if the free version will connect to V3 with xnet, if it does, i can get the laptops up and running again.

Billbert, if all you want is a music controller with maybe some home automation then I would suggest using the thinkpads and the old free version of XL. Multiple copies of XL can access a single media source such as a shared drive that contains your music. Save the paid version of XL3 for the theater!
BaddaBing

Postby billberet on Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:14 pm

yea i was thinking that, i installed xsend and xrecieve on my V3 server and i can send commands from the free version to V3 so it looks like i might be able to get away with making some FAT clients on the freeversion, and using xsend commands to view and play. it's a work in progress.

Good job on the enclosure !!!!!
that is DIY to the extreme
:)
billberet

Postby sharp_1 on Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:01 pm

BaddaBing wrote:A bit off-off topic (like this thread ever had one :roll: ) but for those of you that like blues/rock I just discovered a great band. Vargas Blues Band. I went out and picked up three of their CDs.

Check them out here: http://www.vargasblues.com/esp2/inicio.php

Awesome sound...are they strictly instrumental?

EDIT: Just answered my own question after listening to their website demos a bit more...even the lead singer sounds great!!
sharp_1

Postby Jay on Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:36 pm

sharp_1 wrote:
BaddaBing wrote:A bit off-off topic (like this thread ever had one :roll: ) but for those of you that like blues/rock I just discovered a great band. Vargas Blues Band. I went out and picked up three of their CDs.

Check them out here: http://www.vargasblues.com/esp2/inicio.php

Awesome sound...are they strictly instrumental?

EDIT: Just answered my own question after listening to their website demos a bit more...even the lead singer sounds great!!

DL'd about all cuts. Nice stuff!
Jay

Postby billberet on Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:32 pm

mine is not as nice with your touchscreen in the wall,

i have to find a way to have it recessed in the couch.
here is the main basement theater view

here is the main rack

basement touchscreen placement on couch

1st floor touchscreen control, bone is not affected by xlobby ;)

speakers soon to be recessed in wall
billberet

Postby flips on Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:59 pm

Great looking skin! Anyone try this on the lowly v2 software yet? :)

flips
flips

Postby Rab1967 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:25 pm

I tried this on V2 software only yesterday, but I couldn't get it to work, although that could just be me :?

.Rab fae Scotland
Rab1967

Postby Marbles_00 on Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:07 am

If your talking about V2 free version, then some of the features of this skin most likely won't work. The one screen that comes to mind is the rotating album cover screen. V2 did not have the capabilities...well at least not the free version.

Most likely in order to get it working right, would require a "bit" of modification.
Marbles_00

Postby wesblack on Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:29 am

wesblack

Previous