xDatabase

Xlobby plugin development

Re: xDatabase

Postby Rusty on Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:35 pm

It is not letting me upload my .ini file.
Rusty

Postby CiXel on Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:30 pm

Rusty wrote:It is not letting me upload my .ini file.

Just cut and paste it as a "CODE" link.
It's just text.
CiXel

Postby S Pittaway on Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:40 am

or zip it and then attach the zip :)
S Pittaway

Postby Rusty on Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:39 pm

Ziping is worked. Thanks. It is now attached.
Attachments
xDataBase.zip
(1.68 KiB) Downloaded 774 times
Rusty

Postby Rusty on Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:46 pm

Any luck Pittaway?
Rusty

Postby S Pittaway on Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:46 am

i am really busy at work at the moment, so "support" wont be great :)

but, i had a quick look, and to get the reflections to work you need to use the background image and set the covers to a fixed size.

i think this will give you something that looks ok -

Code: Select all
;.. xCache Thumbs ...............................
xCache - Thumb Image Width                       = 460
xCache - Thumb Image Height                      = 700
xCache - Thumb Cache Type (jpg/png ect)    = png
xCache - Thumb Background Image               = C:\Program Files\xlobby\skins\default\buttons\yellowbar.png
xCache - Thumb Overlay Rect X                    = 0
xCache - Thumb Overlay Rect Y                    = 0
xCache - Thumb Overlay Rect W                    = 460
xCache - Thumb Overlay Rect H                    = 700
xCache - Thumb Reflectivity                         = 0.275
xCache - Thumb Reflectivity Blend Color        = TRANSPARENT

the "xCache - Thumb Background Image" file can be anything it will be replaced by the coverart... i just picked that one at random from the default skin folder :)

"xCache - Thumb Reflectivity" = 0 to 1, in your ini file you had it set top 1? this controls how much of the image is reflected -

0 = none
0.25 = a quarter of the image is reflected
0.5 = half od the image
1 = all of it

i would guess you dont really want a "full" reflection? I find that 0.275 is pretty good.

Sean.
S Pittaway

Postby Rusty on Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:20 pm

Great. Thank you so much for taking the time to help. It looks great in my skin. :D
Rusty

Postby vicom on Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:46 pm

Is there a demo skin available that show cases the usage of this plugin? From the screenshots i've seen so far it looks great. There are certain commands/features that i can't seem to get hold of as to how they work, so maybe if i see them impletemented in some skin of sorts I can then figure out how to really use them correctly. Thanx in advance
vicom

Postby S Pittaway on Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:00 am

If you are talking about the reflection bit, it "changes" the coverart so you can use it in any skin and the reflections will show up - you can then tweak it to look the way you want.

to be honest i am busy at the moment, so i don't have time to rig anything up, if you use the reflection ini file settings i posted for Rusty it should get you up and running or maybe someone else can post a basic guide? :)
S Pittaway

Postby dalanik on Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:40 am

Hello

I'm trying to implement simple "viewed" field for movies (actualy, series - I have a lot of cartoons and tv series so I can't keep track which one boy or I have seen and which not). Ofcourse xDatabase is logical candidate for this :-)

Just let me streighten a couple of things before I try to do it. I should use "Routines for adding last played data to a category". There is "database set played" command, which works for selected item in a category, and sets 4 fields. So far so good.

But! Can I just use this command on "execute category" without any alternations to the database? I saw "database add extra tags" which adds all extra fields to all records (items) in a category. Is this necessary prior to "database set played" or not?

What does comment "acts on the whole category (NOT THE DATABASE)" mean? If I do "database set played" on movies with 1 movie selected, will these extra fields with date/count ne added to the database (xml) or not (just remain in RAM)?

What steps exactly do I need to do in order to increase counter each time a movie is played and have it remain in database (xml file)?

Thanx for clearing this up...

D.
dalanik

Postby S Pittaway on Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:14 am

If you just want to add the last played field has you go along you can simply call "database set played" command.

The way i use it to have a play movie event, when i click on the movie cat entry it calls an event which changes screen, executes "database set played" and then execute the movie category.

This way the movie is always marked as played.

"database set played (all)" will update all of the fields in the category you include in the command. The comment "acts on the whole category (NOT THE DATABASE)" means that if you have done a custom search or drilled into a folder containing multiple files and then run the command ONLY the items shown on the screen will be changed - not everything in the database.

Its there because i used to find it usefull to force items as played - I have seen every episode of family guy, so i might drill into the family guy folder and then call "database set played (all)" to mark the eppisode as played.

If you call "database add extra tags" it will update the movies.xml file directly - do you need to do this? depends on you - i would because it would mark everything as NOT PLAYED, has you watch the films they get marked as played so you can do things like sort on date played, or custom search on films watched/un-watched.

I would make a copy of the movies.xml fileand have a play for a while.

Are you using pay-lobby? If so the movie database code is shit (blunt but true), everything you change a field it instantly saves the database to disk and writes a lot of item.xml files next to the film file - this takes ages....

Its not the plugin fault its pay-lobby.
S Pittaway

Postby dalanik on Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:25 am

OK, cool, thanx for clearing this up, now I get it. I may also have use for (all) command, since there are a lot of series subfoldered into series-season-episode style so I can set it with this command.

I use FreeLobby, I have PayLobby, but since it yet doesn't offer much more than free version, I have it only on test machine.

D.
dalanik

Postby dalanik on Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:57 am

Hell, I have forgotten I use xAnt so database gets overwritten on each change.... I'll have to implement parallel-database to keep just the info on that.... any ideas how to simplify it, before i start coding? :-)
dalanik

Postby Grooby on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:35 pm

Sean or anyone else...can you post a screenie of the script or a script done to download to reproduce the below (and any stages to get working so a simpleton can follow :oops: ...)

Solid.jpg

I am trying to reproduce for my cover flow but with no luck...

ScreenShot001.jpg

Much appreciated if you can
Andy
Grooby

Postby S Pittaway on Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:31 pm

i am on holiday at the so i cant really help.

there isent a script as such, its controlled thu the ini file.

on the 1st page, look at "Routines for caching database coverart" and "Database Image Cache" and the ini file dump.

If that doesent work, you can page up to where rusty was trying to get it to work, if you have a play with his ini file and my suggestions it will get you going....

remember to backup your database before playing with it.
S Pittaway

PreviousNext