My own weather plugin

title says it all

My own weather plugin

Postby Chicoo on Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:52 pm

As I want to try everything (well almost evrything) for myself and I wanted to have some extra futures I decided to create my own plugin with the XlobbySDK.dll and the documentation on the website.

The main thing that I added is the possibilty to translate the weather information as shown in the screenshots and it does not give an error at startup if you are not connected to the internet.

It does use the same format as the forecasts.xml so you can simply use this fil

English (not translated)

Dutch translated

This is in dutch but you can translate it to any language.

I am wondering if someone else has been playing around with it and if Steven can create an area on the forum such as te one for skins.

My first experiences with the SDK so far are good. It was quite easy to get the whole thing working. But then I must add that I am an experienced developer in C#.
I really think that Steven already did a great job so far.

I only think that there should be some kind of central registration for the plugins, so that they all get unique names.

If anyone wants to give my plugin a try. You can download it form here.

http://www.e-guin.com/xlobby/weather.zip

It even includes a small manual.

I hope that, although the SDK is not officially released, others will also post their plugins, so that Xlobby will become even better then it already is.
Chicoo

Postby stevenhanna6 on Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:43 pm

thats amazing you went on very little information and no source code :shock: you know what your doing that is for sure :)

I am wondering if someone else has been playing around with it and if Steven can create an area on the forum such as te one for skins.

yah I will make a new section very soon, I plan on releasing the sdk in a couple days.

I only think that there should be some kind of central registration for the plugins, so that they all get unique names.

good point, we will have to watch out and keep track of who is using what name....this should go in the new forum under a sticky or something.
stevenhanna6

Postby ThE ScReW on Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:23 am

nice job dude,

Maybe you can also enter the http://www.meedio.nl forum where we can talk in dutch about xlobby :)

I'm working also on a lot of extra features that i make myself :)

or you can add me on msn mailto:louis_vansteenkiste@msn.com

Greetzz (you can mail me also)
ThE ScReW

Postby gamejester on Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:28 am

Hi,

I am new to xlobby but thought I would jump in at the deep end and try to configure plugins!

Got your plugin installed, set up the properties through the plugin for the weather I want to receive, created the events for next, refresh, etc...

I then create a new blank page, added the button and created a link button from the menu.............but

how do I link the page to the plugin to get it to display the weather?
I presume it auto generates the page as shown in the doc.
gamejester

Postby Arthur on Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:27 pm

Chicco,

Nice job! Maybe you can also create a spider for dutch cover art?

Arthur
Arthur

Postby Chicoo on Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:33 pm

gamejester,

You must add a text to show the different items, just like you would do normally. If you want to see the current temperatur for example you have to add the text:

plugins>weather>current>temperature

This will show the current temperature. You can show all the other items the same way. The document in the zip file describes the different text items you can add.

This should work.
Chicoo

Re: My own weather plugin

Postby pseudolionel on Thu May 08, 2008 3:18 pm

Hello

The plugin weather no longer works.
:?
can you help us repair it?

sources are available?

Thank you for those who can help us.
pseudolionel

Re: My own weather plugin

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu May 08, 2008 4:18 pm

Dead links to images/download, developer hasn't been around here too often...not to mention it would appear that the plugin is almost four years old with no updates...I would say it is dead. Have you tried xweather, or xoapweather? Those are what the masses here are using. Xweather is still being developed by Steven, and when there have been problems, he's been updating the plugin to suit. Xoapweather, though there hasn't been an update in ages, it is still working well.
Marbles_00