This one:

http://www.x10.com/automation/ws467_s.html

Dimmable from this controller which is easy to use:

http://www.x10.com/automation/ss13a_s.html
PhilB

Re: Insteon Service Update???

Postby PhilB on Thu May 14, 2009 2:49 pm

Wes,

I tested my new plug in Insteon module. I was able to manually add it and control it with the XL tool. However, the auto enrollment refused to discover the new device. I tried 3 times and waiting the full 4 minute cycle each time.

It is strange that it works if I add it manually but it will not auto-enroll.

I also noticed that it does not indicate the correct lighting status in the XL tool either. It just shows yellow with a question mark. I can only assume that this is because it did not auto enroll?

Thanks,
PB
PhilB

Postby wesblack on Thu May 14, 2009 4:38 pm

Phil,

Can you please call me. Also do you have LogmeIn software installed on your machine.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby PhilB on Thu May 14, 2009 8:55 pm

I sent you an email....

Wes,
Did you recieve my email?
PhilB

Postby Aaron on Sun May 24, 2009 3:50 pm

Wes,
I have the 1132U (Smarthome USB X10 controller), will you be supporting that? I tried using the existing firecracker controller driver but it does not work (I did not expect it to).

I have 99% 2-way Smarthome X10 dimmers and ApplianceLincs - very few Insteon devices due to the cost. So I will need to control both X10 & Insteon together (I'm planning on 2 separate controllers - not 100% sure yet I just heard this works better) and be able to mix them in events.

Also, will there be a tie in, or separate, event/timer system for the Lighting devices?
Most of my events/activities are strictly back-end things:

Timer - Turn on Coffee machine at 6AM - off 2 hrs later, etc
Conditional - If Onkyo 'Input = Game', then XYZ happens
Conditional - After 8PM, If Onkyo 'Input = Game', then ABC happens
Scene - "Watch Movie" = If 2hrs after Dusk Then A1,A2,A3:off + A4:dim20

thx
Aaron

Postby drfunmetal on Tue May 26, 2009 12:12 am

Wes,

H E L P

"
5. Now goto a light switch, just under the switch is the linking button, press it in until the white L.E.D light starts flashing. The overlay menu should have recorded the insteon address for that light
switch, and the flashing will stop. If this was successful goto all switches that are left and do the same thing.

I am endeavoring to set up Insteon in XL3. I have the Insteon PLC installed on the USB port which is COM6. It works after a fashion in HouseBot (Using COM 6). I have Housebot closed to avoid conflicts. I can only get into the Insteon Service Overlay by opening XLobbyLighting under Services/Lighting folder. By trial and error, I have the Service Port set to 9000 and the port to USB (When i tried COM 6 it crashes). I added the Modem as a device to add the address for the modem after it failed to be discovered. I also have a light switch which works with Housebot installed. I have the correct Insteon address for the switch ( 00.07.F8 ). Both the switch and the Modem appear on the Insteon Service Overlay with a Yellow Dot. The Lighting Service has a green dot. It seems to look good, but when I enter linking mode it crashes, and I can't control any devices. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Drfunmetal
drfunmetal

Postby wesblack on Wed May 27, 2009 3:25 am

Drfunmetal,

If you are using the Insteon 2414U USB plc it does not require a com port because its USB. Sorry I am on vacation at the moment with no way of posting screenshots, examples, etc. . I sent Steven your request, he should post a response to your issues tomorrow. :D

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby wesblack on Wed May 27, 2009 3:30 am

Aaron,

xLobby V3 uses triggers with a yearly, monthly, weekly, daily calender based system that can be programmed by day, hour or minutes to create any automated lighting or control event necessary by single or multiple trigger events.

Wes Black \ Calrad
Last edited by wesblack on Thu May 28, 2009 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
wesblack

Postby Aaron on Wed May 27, 2009 4:13 am

cool, thx
Aaron

Postby drfunmetal on Wed May 27, 2009 5:01 am

Wes Black \ Calrad[/quote]
wesblack wrote:Drfunmetal,

If you are using the Insteon 2414U USB plc it does not require a com port because its USB. Sorry I am on vacation at the moment with no way of posting screenshots, examples, etc. . I sent Steven your request, he should post a response to your issues tomorrow. :D

Wes Black \ Calrad

Hi,

Thanks for your repIy. I am using a 2412U USB. Is that the reason I don't have lift off?

[quote="wesblack"]Aaron,

xLobby V3 uses triggers with a yearly, monthly, weekly, daily calendar based system that can be programmed by day, hour or minutes to create any automated lighting or control event necessary by single or multiple trigger events.

Where do I access/set the triggers? Thanks for your help!

Bob
drfunmetal

Postby stevenhanna6 on Wed May 27, 2009 6:51 pm

drfunmetal wrote:Thanks for your repIy. I am using a 2412U USB. Is that the reason I don't have lift off?

Yes that's why, the new PLM models are not fully supported yet. I was actually working with someone yesterday to get them to work as I don't have one. We were able to get one-way control to work, but two-way feedback is still missing (might try to code it again tonight if the guy is home). I can send you a new build of the lighting service if you want to try it. Just email me stevenhanna6@gmail.com

The calender system Wes was talking about is based off of triggers. You have to create a new schedule trigger, then you can edit it to manipulate the time settings to whatever you want.
stevenhanna6

Postby samsonlov on Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:37 pm

Will the 2814U work?
samsonlov

Previous