While we are waiting...

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:19 am

So, mapcat is coming along nicely, but theres just one general category related problem which i have to solve atleast before public release, so it might still take some time.

Since ive been criticised about crypticness of UIs (or lack of them) of my plugins, ive been trying to make mapcat little bit less about input-cryptic-codes and little bit more click-n-drag, partly to ensure that it will actually be the easiest way to implement categorized blueprints.

heres how it will look in skin edit:

Red marks (which look like smallpox) are centerpoints of icons (not shown while in skin edit) of category items. Blue shade is area that belong to that particular category item in middle of it, its represent user clickable area which will execute (or run any event for) that particular item. By drag'n'drop u can move the redspot and area tied to it. By dragging whitespots u can move corners of polygon defining the area, and dragging blue spots u can turn pentagon into hexagon or more generally ngon into n+1gon.

Also the first version will not include possibility for deepcats. Only flatcatmaps will be allowed.

But thing im interested to ask public opinion is: should i make mouseover?

cause there are considerations both pro and against it. First of all i personally wont have much of use for it on touchscreen based system, but on otherhand its much in spirit of xlobby, so omitting it could be violation against it, then again it might be turn out to be rather hard to implement efficiently... so what do u think? also if u have ideas, or needs that u would like to mapcats to include, im listening.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby joebob2006 on Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:20 am

I would really be interested in mouseover capabilities for this. Maybe you could put an option in the plugin prefrences that could disable mouseover and literally bypass the code, therefore eliminating any hit in efficiency for those who dont use it. Im already plotting uses for it, so I hope you add it.

also, Rika, in that first pic you posted on page one, you have a series of icons for music, movies, weather, etc., is that from another previously released skin? if not, would you mind making them available, because they look really cool and i think i would like to use them if you dont mind.
joebob2006

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:46 am

Bad news is that ive been caught by world of warcraft... so its taking now 110% of my freetime, so no coding progress, or even hanging on this forum lately.

Good news though are that before i was sucked into to the gaming addiction, i implemented mapcat ready, im just sitting on code because there is general cat-related prob which need to be fixed (lot of fixing) before mapcats can operate smoothly.

Your idea about optional mouse over is good one. I will implement it, eventually. I might though first release test version for Marbles & Co, without mouseover... but in anycase, i think u guys have to wait a little, for me to deplete my worst gaming urges :)
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby MR on Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:35 pm

Rika,

Will this skin be available at some point? Looks fantastic!

-MR
MR

Postby rika on Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:50 am

Maby later.
I don´t have the time or insperation right now.
Feel free to use the weather imgs for your own skin though.

I think if Steven wheare here a bit more, insperation would start for a lot of the skin engineers and others.
I´m for sure miss him...

Rika
rika

Postby jowaldo on Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:04 pm

rika wrote:Maby later.
I don´t have the time or insperation right now.
Feel free to use the weather imgs for your own skin though.

I think if Steven wheare here a bit more, insperation would start for a lot of the skin engineers and others.
I´m for sure miss him...

Rika

That is exactly the boat I am in too... No real motivation anymore :?
jowaldo

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:04 pm

I think i finally have managed to partially remedy long standing general problem with cats within xPerT. So ive decided to release mapcats for general public for testing as soon as i have time to document them. I hope i can do that tomorrow. Theyre far from perfect, but i think its benefial for both debugging and for potential userbase if i stop sitting on the code. This way mapcat feature might find its way JIT into zoneskin 3.

Mouse over features and deepcat handling will not be included in test version. But will be implemented on later time.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby scottw on Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:08 am

Just wanted to say thanks to Rika for this!!!!

I just set it up on Naylia's skin and love it. :D :D :D

Thanks again!
scottw

Postby homepc on Wed May 09, 2007 3:18 pm

Can I still gets these weather images?

Thanks
Ray
homepc

Postby rika on Thu May 10, 2007 7:42 am

mail sent...

Rika
rika

Postby homepc on Wed May 16, 2007 6:34 pm

rika,

I'm so sorry, I just noticed your reply that you sent via email. I must have not recognized your email and deleted it! I apologize!! Would it be too much trouble to email to me again?

Thanks!
Ray
homepc

Re: While we are waiting...

Postby dhcf23 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:39 pm

Ok this is going back a while I know but does anyone still have these weather images?
dhcf23

Previous