iphone touchscreen webserver edition v1

Skin graphics and skinning help

Re: NEW - iphone touchscreen webserver edition

Postby lionking15 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:28 pm

Hi Andy

Thank u plenty for all your efforts and explanation.

I will be trying it tmrw, looking forward to it :D

Please tell me is there a way to have all the seasons of a series under one coverart, so that in your populated series view u will only have one picture for every series, then when u click on that series it opens up a seasons view for that particular series ?

Thank you for time.
lionking15

Postby Grooby on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:30 pm

I think it's to do with how you import your series...i import so the last thing that populates the database are the episodes. If you import lets say just C: TV Shows\ the series will populate your database which will then open up into seasons which will then open in to the episodes. You will see you can drill down to the episodes in the database you have created.

You will most likely see as an example in your database:

Battlestar Galactica + (click on plus and you'll get...)
- Season 1 +
- Season 2 +
- Season 3 +
- Season 4 + (click again and you'll get...)

-episode 1
-episode 2 etc

When you then click on the series cover in the skin it will then follow how you have saved your database, it will then show the seasons, click on the season cover and then the episodes will populate.

How that will work in the skin you will have to see, you may need to skin a bit :D :shock: ...beauty of xlobby is each persons skin can be so different in how it works...it's also a good way to learn :D

Good luck
Andy

PS - BB mentioned some events may be missing here and there, problem when skinning so many screens and continuing updating screens :roll: , if something doesn't action just check it has an event associated with it.
Grooby

Postby billberet on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:24 am

i have dozens of programs with multiple seasons.
it's simple directory structure,//name of show/season.episode/video_ts
you can have multiple types of media as well.
your directories have to be 2 levels deep. level one is the name of show, level 2 is the seasons/episodes
example
SOUTHPARK

/SOUTHPARK/S1E1/episode1.avi
/SOUTHPARK/S1E2/video_ts
/SOUTHPARK/S1E3/episode3.mkv
ETC

**edit**
oh, don't automatically let xlobby import the dvd's in your season.
do it manually, so you can put the movie in a subdirectory of the main title.
billberet

Postby lionking15 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:41 pm

Thank you for your replies Andy and Bill

Andy I have followed your well explained steps and it all works great, but am hitting a problem when coming to the episodes page. It does not not show my coverart that i have inserted for each episode and when i click on the episode button nothing plays. When i click on "episode 1" in the "db editor" am i supposed to have something in events editor, or what else could i be doing wrong?

Thank you for all your efforts
lionking15

Postby Grooby on Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:56 pm

Ah...right the play button event is obviously missing, associate a play event to it, if you use the internal player you could just copy and paste the event from movies into it. (actually reading your post...the episode buttons do not play the episode, they just choose the episode you want, u just press the play button at bottom)

If you have cover art for each episode you may have to mess about with the text for the cover image in the skin to match, i have it as... category>tv shows>cover..."tv shows" is my database, if you have the database called something different change the name after category>...trial and error my friend, trial and error...you'll learn!!! :shock:
Grooby

Postby lionking15 on Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:29 pm

Thank you Andy for your help and patience :D
lionking15

Previous