Jowaldo's Skin 4.2 - UPDATED 02/08/05 www

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby rubbah on Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:26 pm

how are things coming along with you're skin?
rubbah

Any update?

Postby tka on Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:02 am

Jowaldo,

Any chance you could post your updated skin, I really love the layout!

Thanks,

Thomas
tka

Postby jowaldo on Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:07 pm

I realllllllly need to update this, I just haven't had any time at all for a few months to really work on this how I would like to. I honestly don't know now when I will be able to get back to it. If I do any updates I will post them as soon as it is done.
jowaldo

Postby jowaldo on Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:47 pm

wow I can't believe its been over a year since I've posted an update of my skin. Honestly it hasnt' changed much... yet..

I just got a new 16x9 projector, so I'm going to be motivated to get working on this again. I do have a 4:3 touchscreen too so, I will make sure 4:3 still works ;)

Most likely this new skin is gonna be a pretty fresh start.
jowaldo

Postby jmv on Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:59 pm

Jowaldo,

Any chance you'd be willing to post your latest? I saw your other thread on your skin, and I like your new look and feel and want to play with it to see if there are any features I want to implement in my skin. I specifically saw your search screen that looks at all the different fields (artist, title etc and shows matches...that's cool!) and I don't know how to do that so I was gonna dissect your skin...will you turn it over to the doctor?

mv
jmv

Postby gingellr on Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:15 am

hi,

I have recently installed the latest xlobby exe, since then a function on the skin has stopped working.

In the main music screen if you clicked on the playing next or now playing cover art then the screen above would goto the page with that cd on.

This still works if you click on the playing next but if you click on now playing nothing happens.

Anyideas?

Thanks
gingellr

Postby muzz on Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:47 pm

Hi Jowaldo,

Just started using XLobby, been through as many skins I could find and I think this is by far the best one and most stable with my setup!

Just a few wee questions tho if you dont mind:

When playing a movie, are there any transport controls (ie how do you control the playback?) I'm using both a ATI Remote Wonder (with Xlobby plugin) and a Viewsonic Airpanel running the thin client.

When I browse the skin on my Remote Wonder, using Up, Down, Left, Right and enter, it seems to work properly to an extent but then the odd button misses out, sometimes only in one direction as you scroll it, is there a way I can go thru the buttons and check the navigation?

I may have to modify some of the buttons to make a version for the touchpanel, hope you dont mind, I will post it up when I'm done

Thanks and great work!
:D
muzz

Postby m_masta on Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:46 pm

Typically people use the default "auto sensing algorithm" navigation, which chooses based on the skin layout where to go next, but you can configure your navigation as you would like. You can choose which next button to go when you press up,down, left or right. It requires you enter the skin editor (Pause/Break) and make the mods you'd like in the navigation tab.

masta
muzz wrote:Hi Jowaldo,

Just started using XLobby, been through as many skins I could find and I think this is by far the best one and most stable with my setup!

Just a few wee questions tho if you dont mind:

When playing a movie, are there any transport controls (ie how do you control the playback?) I'm using both a ATI Remote Wonder (with Xlobby plugin) and a Viewsonic Airpanel running the thin client.

When I browse the skin on my Remote Wonder, using Up, Down, Left, Right and enter, it seems to work properly to an extent but then the odd button misses out, sometimes only in one direction as you scroll it, is there a way I can go thru the buttons and check the navigation?

I may have to modify some of the buttons to make a version for the touchpanel, hope you dont mind, I will post it up when I'm done

Thanks and great work!
:D
m_masta

Postby muzz on Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:07 pm

m_masta wrote:Typically people use the default "auto sensing algorithm" navigation, which chooses based on the skin layout where to go next, but you can configure your navigation as you would like. You can choose which next button to go when you press up,down, left or right. It requires you enter the skin editor (Pause/Break) and make the mods you'd like in the navigation tab.

masta

Thanks will check it out!

Any idea how to control zoomplayer?
muzz

Postby muzz on Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:53 am

Just noticed the zoom controls in the "Controls" section - duh! :)

One thing I've noticed thats missing Jowaldo, is that when you open an Album when browsing music, there are no UP/DOWN arrows for albums with more than 16 tracks

I will try and suss it out in the skin editor..
muzz

Postby jowaldo on Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:42 am

muzz wrote:

Just noticed the zoom controls in the "Controls" section - duh! :)

One thing I've noticed thats missing Jowaldo, is that when you open an Album when browsing music, there are no UP/DOWN arrows for albums with more than 16 tracks

I will try and suss it out in the skin editor..

yup... there's a lot missing in this skin ;)
jowaldo

Postby shaggyboiler on Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:18 am

I love this skin.

I find that when you open a directory for albums then want to clear the filter the button is missing. Its there you can click where its supposed to be but it isn't shown.

Not sure how to fix it.

Shane
shaggyboiler

Re: Jowaldo's Skin 4.2 - UPDATED 02/08/05 www

Postby Carlos Delgado on Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:20 pm

Jowaldo

Hi

I am new to Xlobby 2 the shareware virsion and came across your Skin.

Can you show me how to change the Font size with the Skin editor, I have a 32" TV and I would like the font to be biger on the ( movieviewer screen of the SKIN editor ) and the ( Plot screen ) when I It shows the Synopsis it is a little bit small for me when my TV is 15' feet away from me.

FYI. Great work by rhe way..

Thanks

Carlos D.

uote="jowaldo"]#
http://www.xlobby.com/files/jowaldo/thumb.jpg
##
Jowaldo's Skin

Designed for touchscreen/mouse/remote usage. 4:3 at 800x600
Includes screens to configure the appearance and style of the skin.

Download here:
http://www.xlobby.com/files/jowaldo/jowaldo4-2.zip

Discuss here:
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16203

###
Edited 02/08/05 ----- Check page 5 for updated version 4.2

Edited 01/20/05 ----- Check page 3 for updated version 4.1

This has been waaaay overdue, I don't even know how long its been since I've posted an update of my skin. I made some pretty big changes to it since the last version. There are too many to list, but the main idea was to make it more remote and touchscreen friendly at the same time. Remote users should notice how everything is left/right to go to the next column, and up/down to scroll through that current section. I haven't had a chance to go through the screens yet to check that the navigation works as it should, but for the most part should be ok.

So far I have mainly focused on the music screens. The main menu also is driven with a database now, so if you want to add/remove an option from it, it is very easy. Also one big change is, to jump say from the music section to the movies you need to click the green box in the upper left hand corner which will show a "jump to" menu.

Here's a quick rundown of new stuff:

Music:
Complete change, two main pages albums and playlist. Individual albums show on a new overlay.
The "now playing" screen is no longer accessed by clicking on the currently playing album, now just click on the "full screen" button in the lower left hand corner.
"Open" "Play" "Queue" are all now checkmarks instead of plain boxes (this just made more sense this way)
"Jump To" ... click the "A-Z" button and you will get a quick scrollable DB menu of letters to quickly jump to that letter for the first of that artists name.

Movies:
Now basically just one simple screen with an overlay for the specific movie. Pretty simple and easy

Pictures:
Not too much new here, just the new layout.

Weather:
New layout, and now uses the XoapWeather plugin

Games:
There is now a basic games screen for those who asked for it. It includes buttons and images for most common emulated systems.

PPC:
The ppc screens have been updated, but are somewhat in the middle of being revamped. That will have to wait till my next update. The music and movie pages are pretty much done, just need some good housecleaning.

Multizone:
Haven't tackled this yet, but definitley will soon, its at the top of my list.

I'm sure there are plenty of new things I forgot to mention, and
Let me know what you guys think and post any bugs/comments/requests..

http://www.xlobby.com/files/jowaldo/beta4/jowaldobeta4.zip

Here are some screenshots:

Image[/b][/quote]
Carlos Delgado

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:32 pm

Carlos,

To change text fonts characteristics in any skin is done by opening the skin editor (Pause Break), then click on the "Display" tab.

This will list the Resources of text fonts used in the skin, if a specific font and its characteristics are used multiple screens. Click on the specific text used that you want to change. If it is associated as a resource, that particular resource will highlight, and a "Resources" will highlight. Then goto the "Font" tab and change the text characteristics (font size, type, style, etc.) there. Note that if you change a resource font for any text your editing, it will change all the text of the skin that uses that resource.

If you only want to change that particular text that is associated to a resouce text style, then you have to "unlock" that text from that particular resource. To do this is done by clicking on the resource to unlock (unbind) it from that text. Then proceed to the Font tab and make your changes for that individual text box.

Also just a tid-bit, you don't have to use an entire post as a quote. If you want to quote somebody, just quote a specific area of the post, or use the image button to show an image. In this case, I don't know why you quoted Jawaldo's entire first post to ask a question about font's. You just could have used a particular image from his skin and say "how to you make this text larger?" Example below:
Can you show me how to change the Font size with the Skin editor

To which I answered above and show some pics below :D
Or even better use your Print/screen to capture the movieviewer screen and attach the image as I have done below to specifically show what you want to change, without even quoting Jawaldo's post.

See the pics below on text changing in a skin:

skin edit_display.png
Skin Editor open, Resource tab selected

skin edit_resources.png
Text box selected...this box is associated with a resource...that can be seen that the resource is highlighted and the Resource text is highlighted green

skin edit_font.png
Font tab selected, note that the Resource text is highlight meaning this particular text box is bound to a particular resource
Marbles_00

Postby Carlos Delgado on Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:33 pm

Lowaldo

Great I got what I wanted done with my first question. Fonts are now Bigger for the synopsis..

Next Question?

Sorry but I do not uderstand how to insert images here. So I will try and explain it again.

How do I change the font size in the Search Movies: area Screen - the Font size of the titles it list in the Box to the right.

Thanks

Carlos D.

To change text fonts characteristics in any skin is done by opening the skin editor (Pause Break), then click on the "Display" tab.

This will list the Resources of text fonts used in the skin, if a specific font and its characteristics are used multiple screens. Click on the specific text used that you want to change. If it is associated as a resource, that particular resource will highlight, and a "Resources" will highlight. Then goto the "Font" tab and change the text characteristics (font size, type, style, etc.) there. Note that if you change a resource font for any text your editing, it will change all the text of the skin that uses that resource.

If you only want to change that particular text that is associated to a resouce text style, then you have to "unlock" that text from that particular resource. To do this is done by clicking on the resource to unlock (unbind) it from that text. Then proceed to the Font tab and make your changes for that individual text box.

Also just a tid-bit, you don't have to use an entire post as a quote. If you want to quote somebody, just quote a specific area of the post, or use the image button to show an image. In this case, I don't know why you quoted Jawaldo's entire first post to ask a question about font's. You just could have used a particular image from his skin and say "how to you make this text larger?" Example below:
Can you show me how to change the Font size with the Skin editor

To which I answered above and show some pics below :D
Or even better use your Print/screen to capture the movieviewer screen and attach the image as I have done below to specifically show what you want to change, without even quoting Jawaldo's post.

See the pics below on text changing in a skin:

skin edit_display.png

skin edit_resources.png

skin edit_font.png
[/quote]
Carlos Delgado

PreviousNext