Anyone running 2 copies of XL? Or using 2 displays?

Speak your mind

Re: Anyone running 2 copies of XL? Or using 2 displays?

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:41 pm

S Pittaway wrote:Try making a copy of xlobby2.exe (call it XLobbyInstance2.exe ?) and then simply run up both exes and see what happens :)

U actually have it working like that? are u then running some older freelobby version?

Like i mentioned that was exactly what i tried, but encounter problems when daemons of both instances tried to occupie same port...

Im really curious btw what are these daemons :shock: ... i disengage all network services of xlobby, u can from setup, and browser hardly needs to set up a daemon to work...

BTW that VMWARE approach sounds definetely plausable... but im still hoping something little simpler...
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby hvs69 on Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:30 pm

S Pittaway wrote:You are all making it sound very complicated :)

Try making a copy of xlobby2.exe (call it XLobbyInstance2.exe ?) and then simply run up both exes and see what happens :)

If you want differnt skins you can either toggle the skin in the config file and then start it up or just copy the whole xlobby directory and run the second exe from there (it still needs a diff name tho).

That approach has never worked for me. I get the port error (that p3v3rt has mentioned) as soon as I start the second instance of xlobby (whatever it is called). Sean, if you got it to work please share the details. I am very much interested.
hvs69

Postby S Pittaway on Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:45 am

i just had 2 copies running on differant bits of the screen... I tried this a while ago as well and it worked then (but i ended nor using it).

1) 18-Oct version of xlobby
2) 1 xlobby folder
3) 2 x executables - "xlobby2.exe" and "Copy of xlobby2.exe"
4) started both exes.
5) Both instances started up witout any problems.

Maybe you 2 have a common plugin which is causing issues? Or maybe steve changed somethng?
S Pittaway

Postby S Pittaway on Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:46 am

like i said i did try this a while ago and it workd then, but it does not seem to work on the last free (?? March) build.
S Pittaway

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:04 pm

Very interesting 8) im going to scavenge some older executables, as soon i get fed up putting carputer together :D
P3rv3rt B3ar

Previous