theatertek logo

Speak your mind

Re: theatertek logo

Postby S Pittaway on Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:36 pm

probably depends on the speed of your computer, but on anything reasonable modern it will only take a fraction of a second to do the conversion.

if you do it on the fly you dont need to make any assumptions about coverart names/types you can simply use whatever is specified for the film you click, you also dont have to remember to add a file to the folder whenever you add a new film.

also why waste sapce for all of them bitmaps when its really being used as a tempory file?

doing it via a plugin is very easy (it took me all of 5 mins to write...), no extra software is needed (it converts and scales internally) and works without any issues.

using my plugin i cant tell any differance when i open up a film, appart from the fact that the dvd cover shows up in TT :)
S Pittaway

Postby cmhardwick on Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:49 pm

S Pittaway ...

GIMME GIMME GIMME hehehe
cmhardwick AT cicero-h DOT net

Are the width and height parameters necessary? Can they be left blank so it just uses the same size of the original?

Thanks sir!
cmhardwick

Postby S Pittaway on Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:22 am

my internet connection was down (well the bt line was...) over the weekend so i dident get change to email it you.

its on its way now tho, and i made width/height optional.

having played with it a bit tho, i still think you should try a few differant sizes to see what looks best, you also always end up with the cover being in the same place/size and i think it looks better...

Sean.
S Pittaway

Postby cmhardwick on Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:17 pm

Thanks sir! current work around I posted works, but sometimes I forget to rename the image file when I move it from DVD Profiler to the movie folder. This will also be much cleaner.
cmhardwick

Postby thekochs on Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:54 pm

S Pittaway wrote:i was board and thought this might look good, i already add a plugin which i used to resize all of my covers (it ensures that the image aspect ratios are correct fot movies/cd covers), so i modded it so it could create a bitmap copy of another file....

the command of interest is
"xCoverResize:make bmp*src file*dst file*width*height"

I used the following and it looks ok :)
"xCoverResize:make bmp*%movies>coverart%*C:\Program Files\TheaterTek\TheaterTek DVD 2.0\background.bmp*200*300"

If any one fancies a copy of the plugin stick an email address on here and i will forward it on...

Can you shoot me a copy of the plugin (mailto:kochhtpc@bellsouth.net) and also instructions on where to place, how to access, etc. ? Thanks !!!!!!!! Where is the coverart coming from ? I only have DVD Profiler and using the import function in XL. MY {hdd}\{movie title}\ directories only have IFO/VOB files.
thekochs

Postby cmhardwick on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:35 pm

The plugin will read the coverart parameter and copy from there, so you should be fine.

The plugin (a .dll file) will go in your plugin directory. He included instructions in the email for me on setting it up.

Thanks again Sean!!
cmhardwick

Postby thekochs on Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:23 pm

cmhardwick wrote:The plugin will read the coverart parameter and copy from there, so you should be fine.

The plugin (a .dll file) will go in your plugin directory. He included instructions in the email for me on setting it up.

Thanks again Sean!!

Can you forward me his e:mail.....I haven't seen yet from him and he may still have e:mail issues. Thanks !
thekochs

Postby cmhardwick on Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:51 pm

I'll let him send it to you. Give him time. Like all of us, he's probably busy.

Sorry, but since he's not posting the plugin for public use here, I don't feel right passing it around
cmhardwick

Postby thekochs on Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:09 pm

cmhardwick wrote:I'll let him send it to you. Give him time. Like all of us, he's probably busy.

Sorry, but since he's not posting the plugin for public use here, I don't feel right passing it around

Completely understand.
thekochs

Postby S Pittaway on Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:40 pm

yep, i am really busy at the moment, i have sent a copy of the plugin, but could someone help thekochs with -

Thanks Sean...can you baby-step it for me ?
Where does command get placed in XL ?

Thanks !

I simply sent him a dll which needs coping to the plugin folder, the polugin has two commands-

resize
dont use this unless you want to resize lots of covers, which you dont! :)

make bmp
this will create a copy of a image and scale as needed. Usage is make bmp*source file:dest file*width*height
I have made the width/height fields optional, but I think it looks better if you use it - the logo always ends up being the same size/position and aspect ration.

Usage examples -
"plugin:xCoverResize:make bmp:%movies>coverart%*C:\Program Files\TheaterTek\TheaterTek DVD 2.0\background.bmp*200*300"
or
"plugin:xCoverResize:make bmp:%movies>coverart%*C:\Program Files\TheaterTek\TheaterTek DVD 2.0\background.bmp"

I am using a star * has the field seperator.

Cheers, Sean.
S Pittaway

Postby cmhardwick on Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:05 pm

thekochs,

Save the xCoverResize.dl_ from Sean's email to your xlobby/plugins directory (Most likely c:\program files\xlobby\plugins)
Start XLobby
press F2 for the setup screens and go to EVENTS
Under events, find your PLAY MOVIE event (most likely under MOVIES, but will vary depending on which skin you are using)
Click on the Play Movie event and at the bottom click ADD COMMAND
On the right, at the top, find the PLUGIN group
the plugin will be xCoverResize
the Command will be make bmp
the parameters will be the one in Sean's post (%music>coverart%, etc) INCLUDE THE * as this is the serarator that his plugin is looking for. Also verify the path to your theatertek program. You can use the size parameter at the end (the *200*300) if you wish. It's up to you, I don't use this.
click ADD at the bottom right and then use your mouse on the left to move the command to the top of the play movie event so it's the first command in the list. Press CTRL-S so save the changes (just in case) and exit the setup screen. Go to your movies page, choose a movie and click on play movie. Now, hopefully if I haven't missed a step, you will see the coverart come up on the monitor/TV you use to view movies and then your movie will begin playing.

Hope this helps. Please understand, I'm typing this at work from memory, but I don't think I skipped anything. Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll help you get it working.

Thanks! :D
cmhardwick

Postby thekochs on Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:44 pm

cmhardwick wrote:thekochs,

Save the xCoverResize.dl_ from Sean's email to your xlobby/plugins directory (Most likely c:\program files\xlobby\plugins)
Start XLobby
press F2 for the setup screens and go to EVENTS
Under events, find your PLAY MOVIE event (most likely under MOVIES, but will vary depending on which skin you are using)
Click on the Play Movie event and at the bottom click ADD COMMAND
On the right, at the top, find the PLUGIN group
the plugin will be xCoverResize
the Command will be make bmp
the parameters will be the one in Sean's post (%music>coverart%, etc) INCLUDE THE * as this is the serarator that his plugin is looking for. Also verify the path to your theatertek program. You can use the size parameter at the end (the *200*300) if you wish. It's up to you, I don't use this.
click ADD at the bottom right and then use your mouse on the left to move the command to the top of the play movie event so it's the first command in the list. Press CTRL-S so save the changes (just in case) and exit the setup screen. Go to your movies page, choose a movie and click on play movie. Now, hopefully if I haven't missed a step, you will see the coverart come up on the monitor/TV you use to view movies and then your movie will begin playing.

Hope this helps. Please understand, I'm typing this at work from memory, but I don't think I skipped anything. Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll help you get it working.

Thanks! :D

Thanks...I'm about to head out so I'll try later. I've never used Events.....I only have TT under Files Types with /AP 2/pl %playlist% for IFO/VOB/etc.
thekochs

Postby bmblank on Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:58 pm

Could I get a copy of the plugin, if you'd be so kind? Email is xxxxxxxxxx (only backwards)... ("Do you know why they call me Mr. Happy" - I think that's from a Dead Milkmen song... Either that or NoMeansNo...)
edit:
removed email
Last edited by bmblank on Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
bmblank

Postby S Pittaway on Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:22 pm

Hi,

I have uploaded it here, you should be able to save as...

Sean
Attachments
xCoverResize.zip
copy this to the plugin directory of xlobby...
(3.99 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
Last edited by S Pittaway on Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S Pittaway

Postby bmblank on Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:49 pm

Sweet. Thanks.
There's so many plugins and things that I want to play around with, I think this one will be pretty close to the top of the list.
bmblank

PreviousNext