xLiveShout v1.2.1

Xlobby plugin development

Re: xLiveShout Beta v0.1

Postby scottw on Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:56 pm

OK just a quick few test may give you more info or info you already know.

I have my server screen set to Main1, fire up the thin client to control main2 and get the results already posted. Leaving the thin client up I go back to my server and switch it to Main2, then click on a stream on the thin client and it plays in main2. So it looks like it definitely gets it's control from the server. It would be nice if Steven was still able to chime in hear an let us know how the Thin Client handles that. :lol:

Second and this may be normal but I have not noticed it before. I do not use Mimic like Marbles does so my Server screen and Thin Client are not "sync'd" but if I leave my server on my Shoutcast page and open it on my Thin Client and page down or up, the server follows it and vice versa. Although this is probably normal since the page up and downs probably refresh the database each time, but I figured I would throw it out there anyway.

Let me know if I can test anything.

Thanks for looking into this...multizone is a big one for some of us :D
scottw

Postby defrag on Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:11 pm

Grrrr Snarl!!!!

OK, thankfully I had been also working on a category option instead of the variable list. Using the category makes the zoning work correctly on the thin client by selecting the stream and letting the cat execute itself. This does not explain though why manually firing category execute from a plugin on a category with one entry doesn't work!! It's very wierd and annoying. I can give you all the info and paging in a category, but you won't be able to style it the same, unless you carefully combine and overlay the category and variables!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I have a solution - just one that doesn't sit right with me.

Something else must happen when you select an item in a category rather than just use the execute event.. any ideas anyone?

Anyway, I'm pretty much ready for v0.2 which will include the category. I'll release either tonight or tomorrow.

Cheers all
defrag

Postby scottw on Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:30 pm

I apologize for not being able to follow (sometimes I have my bad days) but what exactly does this mean for a skinning perspective. Does it mean that instead of using the:
plugin>xLiveShout>1>%name%
to display the station name all of that info would be inside of a category????

The only problem I personally have with this is the fact, as you said, getting a category to match your skin for me can be a royal pain in the A$$.

I do however understand that this is something you are doing out of the kindness of you heart and do not get paid for this, so let me just say I DO appreciate it. I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents, but I understand that you stuck up against a wall right now.

However it turns out I WILL use it and make it work somehow.

Thanks for all of that hard work!!!!!
scottw

Postby defrag on Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:35 pm

Scott don't panic!!! What I will be doing is creating the variables as before AND a category!! So in theory you will have the current benefit of having the stunning skinning aspects of variables (could I push this any further that I love variabels!!) and have a category to handle the buttons. I'll Skin it before releasing so you can see what I mean - it'll work, trust me!!!

Darn!!!! This zoning is cool!!!
defrag

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm

Moohoohaaahaahaa :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
*insert Mike Myers "Dr. Evil" laugh
Marbles_00

Postby defrag on Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:12 pm

OK finalised the category output, just need to reskin the example. Also added searching too!!! Desperateley wanted to get that in for some reason!!! Haven't used button>input for ages!!!!!! v0.2 coming very very soon!!!!!!!!!

Pesky zoning got me sidetracked!! Now looking at what my Morantz 7.1 a/v reciever can handle, you guys......
defrag

Postby scottw on Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:49 pm

defrag wrote:Scott don't panic!!! What I will be doing is creating the variables as before AND a category!! So in theory you will have the current benefit of having the stunning skinning aspects of variables (could I push this any further that I love variabels!!) and have a category to handle the buttons. I'll Skin it before releasing so you can see what I mean - it'll work, trust me!!!

Thanks but I wasn't panicking, I have faith in you oh great one!!!!

I misunderstood, thanks for explaining it, can't wait to see what you got. Also the search sounds awesome.

Moohoohaaahaahaa :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
*insert Mike Myers "Dr. Evil" laugh

Welcome to our evil "L-A-Y-E-R" :twisted:
scottw

Postby scottw on Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:30 pm

One thing that I have a problem with is screen space, my skin is 720x480. So I got rid of the Genres side panel and instead made a overlay that fits on the side of my skin. I also edited the DB and placed all of the "sub-genres" inside of there "main-genre" category. So my DB looks like this:

Here is my shoucast page that is still being worked on so I know some stuff is left out or does not belong. Please don't pick on my color scheme, my wife wanted it because it matches the room that the touchscreen is in (not my first pick though) :lol: :lol:

And when you click Genres you get a listing of the "main-category genres" and clicking on them will take you to the sub-category.

Just figured I would post this in case anyone else has screen size problem like me :D

Thanks for such a great plugin!!!!
scottw

Postby defrag on Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:54 pm

Good work Scott!!! I wanted to keep this as flexable as possible so it will fit in anywhere.

I'm looking to release in a few hours, just found some extra bugs :( Nothing will break existing, just make it better!! And for you zoners, I've got the category buttons working which fixes the thin client zone issues. Check back soon!!
defrag

Re: xLiveShout Beta v0.2

Postby defrag on Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:59 pm

v0.2 released - see first post
defrag

Postby scottw on Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:08 pm

Seems to work defrag, I just have to tweak the category to work where the buttons are. I will let you know.
scottw

Postby sharp_1 on Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:19 pm

So far to good here but I haven't been able to zone yet.
sharp_1

Postby PhilB on Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:41 am

Has anyone tried this with Foobar yet? I switched from winamp so that I could stream XM stations via a Foobar plugin. This looks interesting but would rather not trip over things others may have already.

Thanks,
PB
PhilB

Postby defrag on Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:10 am

I don't do any winamp specific stuff here, so if you can get foobar to play shoutcast stations then there should be no reason why it won't work. Happy to test this, so I'll report back shortly.
defrag

Postby defrag on Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:56 am

Out of the box - foobar doesn't work. If I add a shoutcast url manually into foobar, I get lots of errors about bad redirects - I guess this is to do with the clustered stations that present many urls. But when foobar does find an url that works - it plays. I'll do some more digging.

Interesting to hear from Steven if the internal player will support shoutcast.
defrag

PreviousNext