theatertek logo

Speak your mind

Re: theatertek logo

Postby thekochs on Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:34 am

cmhardwick wrote:I have mine do the "reset" as part of the close event for my TT control screen. Have you tried that?

How do you do that ? Some pics if possible ?

Thx.
thekochs

Postby cmhardwick on Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:56 pm

it's just part of the event that is executed when I click the close button on my TT control page. The last command is exactly like the execute event to copy the cover art over, but it copies the DVD logo you created instead.
cmhardwick

Postby thekochs on Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:34 pm

cmhardwick wrote:it's just part of the event that is executed when I click the close button on my TT control page. The last command is exactly like the execute event to copy the cover art over, but it copies the DVD logo you created instead.

OK....so up front this is a dumb question.....but can you baby step me through how/where you setup a event for a screen ? I know how to assign an event to a key/button...but not a screen. From main menu I go to a movie screen with the coverarts...from there to a screen called MovieViewer which is just a tweek of Steven's screen (think even same name) where I did some screen cosmentic edits and alos changed the PLAY button to launch my TheaterTek movie play event. It was in the screen editor here that on the PLAY button under item event I used the assign buttons to assign the entry event of showing coverart and exit event to the reset back. As I stated, if I hit the test button in the event editor these functions work on the TT BMP file...checked ti out manually. It's just for some reason my assigned exit event to this PLAY key does not run the reset event. So, if I can move this to exiting the screen then that's fine....just not sure how.

Any help/tutorial/examples...much appreciated !!! :D
thekochs

Postby cmhardwick on Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:11 pm

it's not for a screen, it's for a button. there is a screen that comes up (Using Badabing's burlwood) that gives me, via xLobby, control of TT and one button is close, which closes TT, exits the control screen, and puts that logo back.
There's really not any reason to make it an entry and exit event, just put the coverart as part of the play button event. But, from what you are saying, when you hit PLAY, it opens TT, but doesn't go to another screen to control TT? In that case, yes, you would need to use the EXIT event, which should work. Not sure why it wouldn't. It is set, in the skin editor, by of course going to the particular screen you want to edit, then click on the SCREEN TAB at the top, then the EDIT TAB. Enter and Exit events for the SCREEN are there. The "enter/click/exit" events you may have looked at were for the individual buttons, NOT the screen.

Hope this helps
cmhardwick

Postby thekochs on Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:47 pm

cmhardwick wrote:you would need to use the EXIT event, which should work. Not sure why it wouldn't. It is set, in the skin editor, by of course going to the particular screen you want to edit, then click on the SCREEN TAB at the top, then the EDIT TAB. Enter and Exit events for the SCREEN are there. The "enter/click/exit" events you may have looked at were for the individual buttons, NOT the screen.

Worked like a charm.. I went ahead and assigned both the coverart show/set to the entry event to the screen and the exit event as the reset. It is strange that the PLAY button entry event worked and the ext reset did not. The button exit event did work fine in 2.0.7291.1.....I'm on 2.0.7353.3. Bug ?

Thanks for the help !!!!
thekochs

Postby PiDD on Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:04 am

Is this plugin still around? Sounds very cool! pls email it to pidd'at'shaw'dot'ca is its available.

I had a pc camera setup on my center channel and it would shoot a pic before the movie and put it up on the screen. kinda cool but got old.
PiDD

Postby thekochs on Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:16 am

PiDD wrote:Is this plugin still around? Sounds very cool! pls email it to pidd'at'shaw'dot'ca is its available.

I had a pc camera setup on my center channel and it would shoot a pic before the movie and put it up on the screen. kinda cool but got old.

Here is a copy of the plug-in Sean wrote, please unzip the dll and insert into the correct place (the plugins folder in xlobby "c:\xlobby\plugins")
Sean made the width/height fields optional, but I think it looks better if you use it - the logo always ends up being the same size/position and aspect ratio.
The command of interest is something like...........
"plugin:xCoverResize:make bmp:%movies>coverart%*C:\Program Files\TheaterTek\TheaterTek DVD 2.0\background.bmp*200*300"
or
"plugin:xCoverResize:make bmp:%movies>coverart%*C:\Program Files\TheaterTek\TheaterTek DVD 2.0\background.bmp"

or look above in thread for more detailed setup explanation...........
Attachments
xCoverResize.zip
(4.03 KiB) Downloaded 388 times
thekochs

Postby gravy on Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:45 pm

Thanks for this. It would be so great if we could specify some type of text to accompany the image, like:

"Take your seats, your feature is about to begin!"

Better yet would be if we could specify the text as an xlobby parameter in the plugin.. :)
gravy

Postby thekochs on Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:47 am

gravy wrote:Thanks for this. It would be so great if we could specify some type of text to accompany the image, like:

Better yet would be if we could specify the text as an xlobby parameter in the plugin.. :)

Agreed....but you just need to create the jpeg image you want....you can use a variety of software packages to create such an item. You can also web search for alot of good backgrounds to start with and overlay some text in the most simple of programs.....Paint.
thekochs

Postby gravy on Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:45 pm

thekochs wrote:
gravy wrote:Thanks for this. It would be so great if we could specify some type of text to accompany the image, like:

Agreed....but you just need to create the jpeg image you want....you can use a variety of software packages to create such an item. You can also web search for alot of good backgrounds to start with and overlay some text in the most simple of programs.....Paint.

I was thinking more along the lines of adding the text to the Movie cover jpg. Perhaps there is a way to merge two jpgs - one would be the movie cover, provided by the plugin, and the other would be the background with whatever text you'd like.
gravy

Postby S Pittaway on Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:13 pm

ive been poorly latley so not a lots been done.

i always stick the source code in zip, so if someone as a few mins free they could add it as an option.

Sean.
S Pittaway

Previous