New BS thread -- for wannabe postwhores

Speak your mind

Re: New BS thread -- for wannabe postwhores

Postby defrag on Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:02 pm

The only use I could think of is to confuse the hell out of unsuspecting users just for amusement value - well I'd find it funny :D

But apart from that, not really - nice find though!!!
defrag

Postby m_ski on Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:54 am

In midst of all trial and error aproach, i accidently stumble into a way to flip xlobby-element (button, cat, text, whatever), that is to make it as mirror image of itself at fly.

Would this mean you can have a category and a mirror image of the category on screen at the same time? If it does this could make for some potentially amazing skinning possibilities like XBMC and Mediaportal with category reflections...

Example from Xface skin by Harley http://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Skins/16:9/XfaceSkinVersion1.1v2/
m_ski

Postby dalanik on Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:15 pm

yea, but you'd need to add alpha-transparency.... :-)
dalanik

Postby CiXel on Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:25 pm

P3rv3rt B3ar wrote:In midst of all trial and error aproach, i accidently stumble into a way to flip xlobby-element (button, cat, text, whatever), that is to make it as mirror image of itself at fly. But i really fail to see practical uses for this kinda command... So i was thinking to ask u guys... does anybody have use or can imagine a use for Mirror>elementID type of command? .

This could be a great way to spice up the graphics where we place a mirrored image underneath the main image with a grey to black transparent layer over it to simulate a real time reflection a la coverflow or mediaportal.
CiXel

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:16 pm

Ok after reading this feedback i did some more experiment with flipping... and it turns out it doesnt work for cats or even for text fields. It only works for buttons, and i believe those plugin elements which return image. Sorry about that i made asumption it would work with all xl-elements earlier, which is not the case. Well if all u need is constant flipped element, u guys can try yourself, with xl-core simply setting height and/or width to negative values.

Also bad news about core upgrade... i did multielement move tests and theyre painfully slow, unless i figure way to speed things we have to forget grand plans about more flashy environment. However ill be releasing teaser at somepoint, which atleast makes it possible to move one xl-element at time with real nice speeds too... hopefully skinners can make something useful or good looking out of it.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:14 pm

m_ski wrote:Would this mean you can have a category and a mirror image of the category

so as above stated, it doesnt work with corecats :( but if u use my catshift feature to present cat, mirroring of items (cause theyre just buttons) should work. And for that purpose even without any command, just using "negative" trick while skinning. Only gradual alpha blend would still be a prob like D states.

EDIT: oh even thats no prob if cixels advice is followed. Only missing link is still your scroll bar supporting my catshift ;) :D
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Tracie on Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:12 am

Well, I don't think that I qualify as a post whore. Not here at least, I never did post all that much considering how long I've followed this project. :lol: But I would guess that I qualify as an "old timer". I've followed Xlobby from very early on, sometime in late 2001 or early 2002 as I recall. I used it for several years & invested a lot of time in skinning, making it "my own". Early in 2005 I made the switch to Meedio & have used that for the past couple of years, & I've been very happy with the overall package. To be honest, I'm done with the development side of HTPCs. I'm tired of the endless hours of troubleshooting, I'm just at a point of wanting it to work. And my husband....he was over it a month after I started on the first one so many years ago. That's what made me switch, well mostly. My job is in the IT field, so the very last thing that I want to do when I come home is to work on our computers. So here I am, with an obsolete front end in Meedio, looking for something that is somewhat current & in a way I feel like I'm coming back to an old friend merely by making this post. The ironic thing is that I own a license for MCE XP, & I will probably end up going that way. But I have to at least take a peek at what Xlobby has become.

Congratulations to Steven. I had hoped from the beginning that he could make this a full time endeavor. We should all be so lucky!

Sorry for the ramble, but from the look of this thread it seems to fit. haha
Tracie

Postby Marbles_00 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:23 am

Tracie,

I've read your threads, and when I saw your name posting here, after such a long absense...I am humbled in your presense. :)
Marbles_00

Postby Tracie on Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:29 am

Oh wow, that's not needed at all. I was hardly that helpful at all, especially considering what I gleaned from the forum!

So what happened with Colby?
Tracie

Postby Marbles_00 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:34 am

No one knows :?: He hit a 1000 posts and vanished. It to bad as he helped out greatly. His knowledge is missed.
Marbles_00

Postby Tracie on Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:41 am

Hmmmm, well I've seen that happen before on other forums (I run an online community of 4k+ members). People move on, hopefully his was to bigger & better things.
Tracie

Postby Marbles_00 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:14 am

It was just the way he disappeared. He was actively working on a skin, and it appeared to look like it was going to be absolutely awesome. Then it just halted. He also chatted on IRC sometimes, but gave no indications to anyone that he was splitting. I don't know...he was pretty popular and dedicated (it appeared at least)...it was a real shock to all when we realized that he had stopped posting...then his site going down.
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:26 am

Tracie wrote: And my husband....

Wow!!! A XLOBBY GIRL!!!! :shock: :P :P :P 8) ....and shes alrady taken :( :cry:

EDIT: u guys better secure bears cage.... cause otherwise.... :twisted: :twisted:

.... therell be another broken plugin... Xhubby
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Tracie on Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:28 pm

lol I get that from time to time.

So Colby's site went down around the same time that he quit posting?
Tracie

Postby cmhardwick on Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:17 pm

when it came to renew, it apparently wasn't renewed. sometime, shortly after he stopped posting here.
cmhardwick

PreviousNext