Mirage 3D *UPDATED 11/2/08* www

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Re: Mirage - A NEW BEGINNING *13/9/07* www

Postby sharp_1 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:25 pm

You're right...zoning is less mainstream and shouldn't hold the release back.

Thanks!!
sharp_1

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:32 pm

The only issue with that is that you won't be able to use Mirage as a server (means Mirage looses PPC control), as if I recall, a machine can't be a server and a client at the same time (unless I screwed up when I last tried it...which wouldn't surprise me in the least, as I've been known to make some incredibly stubborn mistakes).

Hmmm....now I'm thinking...why would Mirage even have to considered a client to the music-server? With the appropriate plugin, me thinks I can get pervTalk/KxD info from the music server. Hmm...now I have to experiment.
Marbles_00

Postby sharp_1 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:35 pm

Should be possible thru the bears hub. Maybe bear can come up with a solution here???
sharp_1

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:41 pm

Yeah I was just using the XReceive plugin (been a while since last looking at it). Using the plugin, I was able to control the music server KX mixers and the sort...I just don't know how to get visual updates from the server back
Marbles_00

Postby scottw on Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:39 pm

Marbles,

Where are you getting your Karaoke files from?? Do you buy the CD's at the store or is there a place online that you can DL them. I saw some on iTunes but it looks like they are not the MP3+G (or CD+G) files.

Thanks,
scottw

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:53 pm

Where are you getting your Karaoke files from??

Downloaded some torrents. They were .zip files in alphabetical order. Some of them the size of a CD. I don't have the whole alphabet, but was able to get some. I used torrentspy, and did a search on karaoke. Also, though a little different approach, around here where I live, you can rent karaoke machines, and a few disks. If I did that, I'd for sure do a backup as many of the disks to have.
Marbles_00

Re: Mirage - A Second Coming *T-Minus 2 days* www

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:22 pm

Scott, if your still looking for karaoke files, let me know. I will setup a FTP server so you can download the .zip files yourself. Just give me a couple of days as I have to re-install an FTP server on the machine (and remember how to use it).
Marbles_00

Re: Mirage - A Second Coming *T-Minus 2 days* www

Postby scottw on Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:02 am

Yeah that would be great :D , I do think I want to add this to my skin. You can email me the details (I am pretty sure you have my gmail address) or just post here.

Thanks alot!!!!!!!
scottw

Re: Mirage 3D *RELEASE 2/2/08* www

Postby Marbles_00 on Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:03 pm

Mirage the second (or 3D) has officially been released. Please view first post for downloads and some install instruction.

Oh, and before I forget, there is an included PDF user manual which I would strongly recommend looking over as it contains important info on setting/configuring XMenu.

Also to all non-DIY'ers/end users, please read and respect my final paragraph of the first thread, and the installer EULA.

There will most likely still be some bugs. I want to included a few more things like XMusic, and some additional viewing windows. Also I don't care for some of the images/icons, so one day, I will change them. I also have to finish off the zoning navigation. Also as mentioned above, the TV portion is on hold until I officially get a HTPC setup. But hey, I did promise the release for this weekend, so I want to keep to my word.

Please enjoy, and learn, and give me feedback so I can make it better.

Thanks
Marbles_00

Postby sharp_1 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:20 pm

Just tried to do a quick setup...30 min. and not able to get the menu screen to navigate to other screens at all. I can get the animation to work but events are not working right off the bat here. Of course, I really haven't dug too deep into the skin yet to be able to figure it out. Just want to see if there is a easy place to look before I dissect everything.

The skin looks great!!!
sharp_1

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:39 pm

Verify that you have the XSend/XReceive plugin installed. I was assuming that that plugin got installed automatically when installing the XMenu executable. I don't recall installing the plugin outside of XMenu (and I just reinstalled everything after a virus/spam attack on my workhorse computer) Also, I'm assuming you copied the .ini file and resource directory from the Mirage skin directory to the applications/xmenu directory? Otherwise your just using the default setup of XMenu, which is very limited in its functionality. It just takes you to through three or so different menu systems and that's about it. The Mirage .ini file is ~18k in size (I think the default is 3k), and has a last modified date of 1/31/2008.

All the navigation is defined in the xmenu .ini file (as indicated in the pdf file). The nav commands for example:
XSend.exe "command:xlobby:goto screen:files" - should goto the "Files" screen. This is providing that XReceive is also installed (as mentioned, I think XMenu takes care of all that). I failed to mention though (sorry me bad), is that basic control can be done with keyboard left/right arrows, and the enter key for selecting. Actually it can be a bit of a PITA when you have the skin open on the screen...yet you are doing other things. Everytime you cursor around, or push enter, the menu rotates etc.

If trying to control via PPC, you need to have the sendkey.exe executable in the xlobby\applications directory. The events are looking for it in that location (providing you copy over the navigation.xml from the Mirage\Copy to xlobby eventgroups\ directory to the xlobby\eventgroups directory (overwriting the existing file). This add PPC navigation commands.

Remote control...I haven't worked out, as I don't have a spare UIRT yet.
Marbles_00

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:00 pm

I should also ask, if when XMenu loads (either within Mirage...or if you open it outside of Mirage) is there 9 images? Anything shy of that, and I can almost for sure say that your not running the proper .ini file.

*EDIT*
The default XMenu .ini file is 7k in size (not 3k like I mentioned above) and the main menu only consists of 5 images...most of those don't do anything if selected. So if you load up and only have 5 images, then you for sure aren't running the proper ini file...and that may be your problem.

Also if using the default .ini file, if you push the DOWN arrow key when there are 5 images displayed, this will take you to a second primary menu that consists of three additional images. Pushing the UP arrow key here will take you back to the 5 images. The only other option here is if you rotate to the Shutdown image, and click enter, then you will be taken to a sub-menu where you can then shutdown/reboot/standby the system. Pushing UP or DOWN should take you back to the original 5 images. To close the menu at this point more or less requires CTRL/ALT/DEL and shutdown XMenu that way.

Hope all this helps.
Marbles_00

Postby sharp_1 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:13 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:I should also ask, if when XMenu loads (either within Mirage...or if you open it outside of Mirage) is there 9 images? Anything shy of that, and I can almost for sure say that your not running the proper .ini file.

Just for the record, I followed your guide the to the tee...or at least I thought I did :shock:

Well I took a look at the .ini file and it is 18kb in size, as required.
2008-02-05_140233.png
2008-02-05_140233.png (24.14 KiB) Viewed 17634 times

Do I have the .ini in the correct place.
2008-02-05_140716.png
2008-02-05_140716.png (7.54 KiB) Viewed 17633 times

Marbles_00 wrote:The default XMenu .ini file is 7k in size (not 3k like I mentioned above) and the main menu only consists of 5 images...most of those don't do anything if selected. So if you load up and only have 5 images, then you for sure aren't running the proper ini file...and that may be your problem. Also if using the default .ini file, if you push the DOWN arrow key when there are 5 images displayed, this will take you to a second primary menu that consists of three additional images. Pushing the UP arrow key here will take you back to the 5 images. The only other option here is if you rotate to the Shutdown image, and click enter, then you will be taken to a sub-menu where you can then shutdown/reboot/standby the system. Pushing UP or DOWN should take you back to the original 5 images. To close the menu at this point more or less requires CTRL/ALT/DEL and shutdown XMenu that way.

Yes, this is how my menu is behaving.

I took a look at the .ini file and it all in french...blahblahblah. If you could get me the ini you are using that would be great.

Thanks!!!
sharp_1

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:47 pm

Funny, I just blew away my Mirage skin on this computer, uninstalled Xmenu, and started from scratch. Everything worked fine (XSend/XReceive was installed when installing XMenu like I had thought). Just wondering, are you starting XMenu or XLobby (or is Xmenu somehow starting) prior to copying over the Mirage ini? This would cause your condition that your seeing until Xmenu has been closed and restarted. Once the default ini is taken away (renamed or deleted) and replaced with the Mirage ini, XMenu won't "see" the new ini file until it has been restarted.

If you CTRL/ALT/DEL to kill the XMenu process, verify that you have the Mirage ini (and no other ini, which appears in your screen shot that you don't) in the directory you indicate (yes that is the proper location), then in the Mirage screen, click on the "Windows" symbol to restart XMenu.

I loaded right from my installer, using that ini file, so you should have the exact same as me, but give me a moment to load it up to my googlepages site.

Sorry about the French, but I didn't want to screw around with the ini file more than I had to, and tried to explain the translation to the best of my ability in the user manual, trust me, it is not my first choice either.

*EDIT*
http://xlobbystuff.googlepages.com/XMenu.ini
Marbles_00

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:59 pm

Oh, I think I see the problem (maybe?)...

You have Xlobby under the C:\ root. I have my install in C:\Program Files\, and all my paths for OS:Execute commands go through C:\Program Files\Xlobby... I'm also not sure how XMenu will behave outside of its normal location install as well.

Just for the sake of trying, what happens if you uninstall Xmenu, copy your xlobby directory to Program Files, then reinstall XMenu to that location. Follow the rest of the Mirage manual and see what happens then. And for the sake of trying, I'm going to do it your way :wink:

*EDIT*
Actually, doing it your way...I don't even get XMenu up...which makes sense as I'm loading XMenu on start from the location C:\Program Files\Xlobby...

Oh man, I got my work cut of for me if I should take on changing the file locations for something more universal. Well, I've done some other changes, so nothing like a big....BIG rev.

Let me know if it works when you place your xlobby directory within Program Files.

*EDIT>>>EDIT*
To all, I did not realize that google puts a download bandwidth limit on their googlepages. Once I get an alternative setup I will let you know. Xmenu can be download from the French Xlobby team (Sharp_1 has a link to it from his googlepages site).

Sorry for the inconvience.
Marbles_00

PreviousNext