xLiveShout v1.2.1

Xlobby plugin development

Re: xLiveShout Beta v0.1

Postby scottw on Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:53 pm

Good explanation Marbles.
This will definitely be added to my setup.

Thanks again!!!
scottw

Postby defrag on Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:30 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:If I understand defrag correctly, he more or less copies the pls over from the shoutcast server...this is more reliable and up-to-date.
If I'm incorrect, defrag, or anyone, please let me know.

Spot on Marbles!! All I am doing is spidering the site a page at a time as you navigate and after all, the pls is just an url to the shoutcast server. (I'm making it sound too simple)

Anyway, glad you all are enjoying it - it's already on my main htpc. I'm gonna have a break from it for a few days, but searching will be next with a few bug fixes.

It will be interesting to see, if and when the final xlobby is released, if Steven has implimented net radio - not that it matters now :lol:
defrag

Postby cmhardwick on Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:30 pm

Sweet, I LIKE IT!
One thing I noticed, if you go from a genre that has 10 stations (full page) to one that has say 7, lines 8 9 and 10 keep the previous entry. Is there a way you can set the remainder on the page to BLANK in that case? Kind of catches you off guard when you click Contempory Classical after Swing Jazz and see item 10 is Ella Fitzgerald ;)
cmhardwick

Postby defrag on Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:34 pm

Noted!!! It was on my list to test - but I have a wonderful collection of testers here :D

I've noticed a few other things too - the status doesn't always work, especially when you click the genre - which is just annoying more than anything.

I'll do a rollup release early next week
defrag

Postby scottw on Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:18 am

defrag wrote:
Marbles_00 wrote: One thing I noticed, how often does the "plugin>xLiveShout>#>%current%" variable update? It always appears to be behind almost an entire song when compared to the "audioplayer>now>%artist%" variable.

Currently it only updates when you reset the genre or goto another page. I was in two minds as to whether to poll the live site every so often, mainly because of the mythical banning system. It's on my list of things to look at though!!!!

I wonder if you could have it monitor the audioplayer>now>%artist% tag and run a refresh when that updates, I am not sure how the "banning" works??? I don't know much of how to do it just throwing out a suggestion. Then again that would only work when your currently playing song ends and refresh the whole page. Then again if you are browsing the shoutcast page it does not automatically refresh does it?

Either way at least the audioplayer>now>%artist% tag updates right away.

p.s.
I have been listening to the 80's station all night, as embarrassing as that is :)
scottw

Postby scottw on Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:50 am

Something I noticed was some of the textbox variables are wrong in your sample skin. If you look at the now playing song on the 5th item in the list which should be plugin>xLiveShout>4>%current% is labeled as plugin>xLiveShout>0>%current%. A few of the others where labeled with 0 also. I know the skin was just a example but thought I would let you know :D
scottw

Postby scottw on Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:28 am

Sorry to keep posting :(

Is there anyway to limit it to 5 or so to a page. 10 is just to much for my little page. I am sure 10 is great for most people but one of my main displays is my TV so my res. is set to 720x480 so reading 10 off that page is a little hard.

If is too much trouble don't worry about it I will figure something out.

Thanks,
scottw

Postby saillard on Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:46 am

This is a great plugin. I have been waiting for this for a while.
I notice few things: when 2 pages of stations are found, clicking the right arrow button work fine to go to page 2of2, but clicking it again it goes to page 3of2. It would be good to return to page 1of2: wrap around like other category in Xlobby.
The other thing I notice that some genre can not go to page 2 and more by clicking the right arrow. Some genre are just fine, but some not. Example not working are European or spoken Words. I did not go through all of them, probably more not working.
Again, I love it . I vote for you to get Xlobby for free :D
saillard

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:12 am

Hmm...I'm not so sure if this can now play in a zoning enviroment :( . Scott, have you tried different streams in different zones? I've been playing around with this now, and it seems that only one entry is in the xliveshout-hidden database at any one time. No matter what zone you choose, it still writes to the same database, replacing the existing entry with the new selected one. I was under the assumption that every instance got its own .pls, but I'm not convinced of this right now. I apologize if I have informed people incorrectly. I guess defrag will have to explain more as to how he creates the -hidden database, and if it is possible to have one for each instance of winamp.

Again I could totally be wrong here, as I'm still learning this plugin like everyone else...I hope I am wrong in this latest assumption...as that would kinda suck. :(

*UPDATE*
I just found out that it does play seperate .pls files per instance...disregard my comments above! Spoke too soon! I played multiple streams after I did a quick setup for zoning on one computer. Note: multiple streams out of one sound card output sounds like kaka. Now I just have to figure out why my music-server is not playing the streams :evil: . I have a feeling for some reason the plugin is not setup correctly on that machine...will have to play around with it more later...time for bed now.
Last edited by Marbles_00 on Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:24 am

haa, u guys are so ztoned ;) :D
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby defrag on Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:31 am

Marbles_00 wrote:*UPDATE*
I just found out that it does play seperate .pls files per instance...disregard my comments above! Spoke too soon! I played multiple streams after I did a quick setup for zoning on one computer. Note: multiple streams out of one sound card output sounds like kaka. Now I just have to figure out why my music-server is not playing the streams :evil: . I have a feeling for some reason the plugin is not setup correctly on that machine...will have to play around with it more later...time for bed now.

Phew!!!! :shock: :D

scottw wrote:Is there anyway to limit it to 5 or so to a page. 10 is just to much for my little page. I am sure 10 is great for most people but one of my main displays is my TV so my res. is set to 720x480 so reading 10 off that page is a little hard.

Yes there is!!! If you goto setup->plugins and click on the xLiveShout entry, you can set the number of stations returned, this will then do as you command!!!

P3rv3rt B3ar wrote:haa, u guys are so ztoned

:lol: :lol: :lol:
defrag

Postby scottw on Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:46 am

Marbles_00 wrote:Scott, have you tried different streams in different zones?

Glad you figured it out. I tested it at work with the "KAKA" method you described :lol: and I could hear both streams but have not tried it at home on my multizone setup, but as you say it should work.

defrag wrote:Yes there is!!! If you goto setup->plugins and click on the xLiveShout entry, you can set the number of stations returned, this will then do as you command!!!

WOW!!! Now stop reading mind when you create things like this, how did you know I was going to ask that :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will try it out thanks alot!!!!!
scottw

Postby scottw on Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:19 pm

OK I just tested the 5 stations on a page setting and it works but with some bugs.

1) It does not stick when I restart XL. I set it to 5 and it works but upon restarting XL it is back at 10

2) It skips rank 6-10. I startup Xl, set the plugin to 5 Stations per page. Goto my shoutcast page I get 1-5 listed, I click next I get 11-15 (where is 6-10), click next from there is fine.
I am at rank 21-25 and I click previous page I get 16-20 then 11-15, then 1-5 (6-10 still missing).

I think the 2nd problem may be related to the 1st. When the plugin starts up it thinks there is 10 stations per page and loads them and then when I change to 5 stations 6-10 get lost.

Hope that makes sense. Let me know if I can test something else. :D
scottw

Postby defrag on Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:24 pm

Thanks for that scottw, I'll take a look over the weekend.
defrag

Postby scottw on Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:33 pm

NP, thanks!!!!
scottw

PreviousNext