XNetflix www

Xlobby plugin development

Re: XNetflix www

Postby Atlas on Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:06 am

Released new version 0.6. See first post.
Atlas

Postby Bill Lott on Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:22 pm

Great job. I can certainly see how this would be a nice addition to xLobby. Unfortunately (for me) I've gone the Blockbuster route. Any chance you could add a Blockbuster version? :D
Bill Lott

Postby bambocc on Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:14 pm

Hi
I have a question..
i have downloaded the plugin but for register me on the site web of netlfix i have understand that i must live in u.s.a.
I have also see that the register is free only for 2 weeks and after i must to start to pay about $ 5 for months...
Do i have understand well or i have wrong to understand?
thanks to all and sorry for my english...
bambocc

Postby rembetis on Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:26 pm

bambocc wrote:Hi
I have a question..
i have downloaded the plugin but for register me on the site web of netlfix i have understand that i must live in u.s.a.
I have also see that the register is free only for 2 weeks and after i must to start to pay about $ 5 for months...
Do i have understand well or i have wrong to understand?
thanks to all and sorry for my english...

Netflix is a movie rental business through the mail in the States. This plugin helps you keep track of what movies you want to rent, etc. If you don't live in the States, I'm afraid this plugin is not much use to you.
rembetis

Postby bambocc on Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:32 pm

Thanks for the answer.
I tought that this plugin was used for archive my collection of dvd.
For case you know a plugin for xlobby that can help me for this task?
thanks
bambocc

Postby Atlas on Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:21 am

There are about 3 options for archiving your DVDs. I'm no expert in any of these. :D

1) Use Xlobby itself to store your DVD information. You can use the spiders inside Xlobby to download information.
2) Use DVD Profiler. There are many threads on this forum about setting this up. Requires DVD Profiler software program, then import db into XLobby
3) Use Ant Catalog. Again, many threads on this. Requires Ant software program, then use XAnt plugin to import into Xlobby.
Atlas

Postby bambocc on Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:57 am

ok thanks.
now i try with your first solution then using the spiders inside xlobby.
i hope only of understand as work...because i don't know where after i can see the archive in xlobby...(my video, my movies....ecc.)
Howhever thanks of all.
bambocc

Postby coachcpg on Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:36 pm

Hi Atlas. I understand that you are no longer coding for Xnetlfix plugin. I have some experience writing code (though none for xlobby). I was wondering if possibly you'd be willing to share the latest versions source code with me for this plugin, as I would like to attempt to make some changes to this plugin. Also, is there a particular editing tool that you would recommend using to edit this? Thanks.
coachcpg

Postby fizzasist on Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:17 pm

For anyone working on this:

I noticed that when I add a movie to my Queue that is not released yet (i.e. it is still in theaters) the queue on the netflix site shows a release date (if it has one).....I was wondering if there were a way for the plugin to grab that info so it could be added to the queue page?

Thanks!
fizzasist

Postby sharp_1 on Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:29 pm

Atlas:

What are you doing in your scraper to get the rating information within the xNetflix plugin?

Or if you would share your source code that may help me.

Thanks,

Sharp_1
sharp_1

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:55 am

Yes, I'm bumping a two year old thread (soon to be three). Anyone still using this plugin? Does it still work? Atlas, are you still supporting it? I'd like to include it in a future xStreamed module, now the Netflix has made it to Canada, but don't know if this plugin still works, or is even worth the download.

Thanks in advance.
Marbles_00

Postby wesblack on Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:21 pm

Marbles,

We are very close to a built-in Netflix integration solution for xLobby V3, it's about 80% done, we put it on hold to do all the iPad stuff. Some really cool new features and add-ons for the xLobby platform are on the way for 2011. :D

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:22 pm

Thanks Wes.

I guess I will put that on hold for the internet module that I was going to do, until I start swapping the skin over to XV3...then I will be bugging you guys more :lol: . I don't have a Netflix account yet anyways, but I will be experimenting with it later sometime this year most likely.

Anyways, Happy New Years to the Calrad gang and Steven.
Marbles_00

Previous