xLiveShout v1.2.1

Xlobby plugin development

Re: xLiveShout Beta v0.1

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:19 pm

Hey defrag,

I've been trying to incorporate this plugin into my ZoneSkin project. For the most part it seems to be working, except...and this is big, it doesn't play ??? As a matter of fact, the -hidden database remains empty. I switch over to your test skin, and everything works great. I switch back, select any genre...all displays...find a station I want to play...which played in your test skin, go to play...nothing (the small winamp connection window does not open)? Question, did you somehow tie the -hidden database (or some associated code) to your test screen so it only runs with that?

To let you know, I copied your event list over to my skin, so I'm using your event commands for play (from 0 to 9), I have all the variables displayed fine. Everything appears to work, but the button event for playing does not work. I checked the -hidden database and it is empty (when using your skin, there is a .pls entry).

I'm a little confused and hoping you can straighten me out. Oh, and I have now tried this on two different computers...and the results are the same.

Thanks in advance.
Marbles_00

Postby sharp_1 on Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:36 pm

I had the same problem. You need to re-assign each play button 1-10 with the xliveshout event from the eventgroup selections 0-9...it gets lost in the cut and paste process. Worked for me.
sharp_1

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:31 pm

Hmm, thanks sharp, only I created my own buttons and I'm sure I associated the events to them, not cut and paste defrag's. I'll have to take a second look though to be sure.
Marbles_00

Postby defrag on Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:38 pm

Hmmm.

And what database does the hidden cat point to? The default xliveshout-hidden.xml database? The hidden cat will be empty on first setup, it's only when a Play event is fired does it get the first one. I did make sure I set the test skin up from scratch to ensure it worked ok. Have you tried just copying over the xliveshout-hidden.xml file to try that and point the hidden cat to it?

EDIT: Other things to try if the variables are filling is to fire the event manually in setup (also I noticed that when I did copy the event xml from one skin to another, the plugin comands reset to nothing!!!!! - so check that too)

Keep me posted...
defrag

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:28 pm

And what database does the hidden cat point to?

DAMN!!! I KNEW I DID SOMETHING STUPID!!! I forgot the hidden category...I mean, you only explain it in your opening post. :oops: :oops: :oops: and one more for good measure :oops:

All's going to be 8) from here on end :roll:
Marbles_00

Postby defrag on Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:34 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad you got it sorted!!! That's the important thing!!

Just realised this paging issue is not fun - if you pull 10 stations, but the site only returns 6, i can clear the variables so they appear blank, but that still leaves the buttons and the now playing label.

What would guys like to see if there is no station in a slot? I assume I could ID the buttons and hide them from within the plugin???? Hell if I ID them, then could I do away with manually setting the play events???? Same with the paging buttons - I scape the page numbers from the shoutcast site (sorry I really don't count the stations) but if there is only 1 page - you don't need the buttons!! Arrrggghhh too many questions... :D

EDIT: Getting ahead of myself now - not sure if all this button stuff is possible - where's B3ar when you need him!!! :D
defrag

Postby cmhardwick on Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:10 pm

for me, if there's no station, just blank is fine. I don't care if the station number, play button and now playing show. I'll know there's nothing there because there's no station name.

Along the lines of what ScottW posted, the bit rate setting also doesn't stick, and doesn't really work anyway because i set it to 128 and still get 32, 74, 96, etc. However, I think this same thing occurs on ShoutCast's site anyway. I know it does on others. You say "I just want 128bit and higher" and you still get everything :D

Also, you're genre database lists images, but you didn't include any of them in your zip file. Do you have those, and would these be used in the Now Playing screens?

I LOVE THIS PLUGIN!!!
cmhardwick

Postby dalanik on Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:31 pm

Cool plugin, I'm glad to finaly have shoutcast (again), but I think it would be easier/better to make stations in a category too... ?

Just my 2 crowns... :-)

D.
dalanik

Postby Jay on Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:53 pm

Best plugin since Fletch's HS2 :D
Jay

Postby defrag on Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:14 pm

Woosh! I turn my back for an hour and loads of comments!!!

Dalanik: I started on the category route, but what ever I tried I could not get the category to refresh on rebuild - but!!! I've had another solution which involves creating a blank db based on the number of stations per page and just using variable set (the way I do the hidden cat) to populate it - that will work. So.... next release I'll give you the option of either - can't say fairer than that (darn , just said it)
EDIT: Just a bit more on the category option, I will provide it as an option as it might be a better substitute for the buttons and hidden cat - which are a bit fiddly. So you will have the full ability do whatever the hell you want - skinning nirvana!! (My 2 pennies are firmly on variables - unless Steven or P3rv perfect skinning parts of a category item)

cmhardwick: spot on, I just use the same url builder as the site uses - so you get what you get on the site. I had a plan to release some images, but that's still on the TODO list.

Jay: thanks!!!

Feeling rather drunk now........ Where's P3rv? A day away from the forum and it's like a blanket over a budgie cage :lol: :lol: :lol:
defrag

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:40 am

defrag wrote:Feeling rather drunk now........ Where's P3rv?

Ohhh I'm still alive, sad though that i missed the party :D

Been trying to make teaser version of the core upgrade ive been buzzing about... but ive become stuck by hiveful of bugs big as a house... thinking i need to watch starship troopers couple times before i have courage to carry on...

Very happy to see u giving rebirth to shoutcast... im eager to test this one out... but considering current state of my HTPC... i let these guys to work out the potential minor probs with u first 8) and join with my huge orders as soon everybody else is served :D
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Jay on Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:25 pm

The plugin works perfectly for me - just slid it into my Simplicity skin and added music control and menu buttons.

The one thing that puzzles me - at the bottom of the 'select genre' column, it ends with Acid Jazz as in Defrag's screenshot. But below that it reads '1 of 4'. There are no nav buttons to get to more genres. Just the hidden category box is there.

What did I miss?
Jay

Postby sharp_1 on Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:56 pm

Jay wrote:The one thing that puzzles me - at the bottom of the 'select genre' column, it ends with Acid Jazz as in Defrag's screenshot. But below that it reads '1 of 4'. There are no nav buttons to get to more genres. Just the hidden category box is there.

Either scroll down with your mouse or create a category>next page button to page through the genres.
sharp_1

Postby Jay on Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:14 pm

Thanks Sharpie. Won't scroll. I'll try the next page cat. I can see they're there with the DB editor. Guess I was lazy and assumed it was set up :)
Jay

Postby sharp_1 on Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:27 pm

This is a great plugin...just wish the b3ar would finish up his panda plugin...then we would really have a great music server. Hey, maybe defrag could take a look at it and see if anything can be done??? Wishful thinking anyway :)
sharp_1

PreviousNext