xLobby V3 Display 0,1 Etc.

Check here for the latest news on what is going on

Re: xLobby V3 Display 0,1 Etc.

Postby cooldog on Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:12 am

Maybe I'm just dense, but I don't understand how to set this multi-monitor thing up.

All I see that are different is the checkboxes next to the things that I might want to have displayed somewhere, but no way to choose which display they go on.
cooldog

Postby wesblack on Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:23 am

This setup needs to use the current V3 release and a dual output graphics card is required. Setup display 0, 1 as follows.

1. In windows XP goto display properties.
2. Goto the 2nd display and check off the " Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor, select apply.
3. Go into xLobby setup, select the display tab
4. Select xLobby primary display, set to display 0
5. UnderMulti-Monitor playback, select which players to show on the 2nd monitor, select mediaplayer.
6. Restart xLobby

Now goto the movies menu and play a movie. The xLobby media player should be o display 0 and the movie content should render on display 1.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby cooldog on Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:13 pm

Wes,

That requires the totally unjustified assumption that display 0 is where the user wants xlobby to be displayed.

In my case, that's wrong. And because of other considerations (chiefly Windows and NVidia's stuff not doing what I tell it to) I can't change that.

Why not just associate a display drop-down with each displayable item, including the Xlobby primary surface? That would be far more intuitive and far more flexible.

Paul
cooldog

Postby wesblack on Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:32 pm

Thanks paul for your input. There is a drop down list so you can move xLobby to display 0 or display 1 in a virtual desktop setup and the video will render on the display that xLobby is not using.

Maybe I am missing your point, some illustrations would be helpful. :D

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby cooldog on Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:59 pm

Wes,

It would be IMMENSELY helpful if you could get Steven to "unlock" the setup menu from the center of the Xlobby display. That is TRULY a PITA when dealing with display changes!

I already have XLobby on display 1, it's been that way for a while.

I have checked "mediaplayer" in the other box. When I play a movie, the controls and a blank yellow frame come up on XL's display(1) and the time is ticking away as if it were playing, but absolutely nothing happens on display 0 (the desktop is still there, and nothing new appears in the taskbar). This happens with the default graph map, the Cyberlink map, or software rendering

Zoomplayer plays these things just fine.

It's a reasonably high-end one-year old Nvidia graphics setup, with drivers that are a couple of months old, if that.

One odd thing I have noticed: in the drop-down for selecting the XL display, I see 0 (1920x1080 Samsung DLP), 1 (1024x768 Touchscreen) and 2 (1920x1080 Samsung DLP, again).

Paul
cooldog

Postby cooldog on Sat May 02, 2009 3:15 pm

Wes,

I have to register my puzzlement. I report a showstopper bug, one that seems pretty important - MOVIE VIDEO DOESN'T PLAY.

It seems to me that this ought to be a high-priority item.

Since nothing happens, I put it into Mantis.

*Still* nothing happens. Then I see a new build is out, and I run to Mantis to see if anything important might have changed, and all I see are little tweaks, while a big bug is still not even assigned.

Perhaps this is a config issue and not a bug. Perhaps it is a bug that only affects me. If so, it would quite rightly be very low on the list of development priorities... but there's no way that you folks could *know* that yet, since nobody's contacted me to do any testing, or gather any further info.

I'd be happy to assist.

Paul
cooldog

Postby wesblack on Sun May 03, 2009 3:57 am

Paul,

Sorry I have missed your playback issues. You can E-Mail or Call me at Calrad anytime. Please call me monday at the office and I will do what I can to assist you...!, 1-800-821-8536.

Thanks for supporting xLobby... :D

And yes everyones issues here on the forum are important to us........

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby cooldog on Thu May 07, 2009 9:37 pm

Wes,

Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately, swapping the displays did not help at all. The behavior is still exactly the same: i.e. the video rendering must be happening in outer space, because it is not happening on either one of the two displays when that little box is checked.

Are there any other settings that could be creating this problem? Remember, it does render correctly when set to go to whatever display XLobby is on (box unchecked).

Paul
cooldog

Postby cooldog on Fri May 29, 2009 11:53 am

Wes,

Could you ask Steven to look at this please? It's bug #489 in Mantis, and it's still "unassigned".

There's loads of info in the bug report, and I'm ready to help with testing.

Thanks,
Paul
cooldog

Postby cooldog on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:54 am

Wes,

I've now upgraded to Windows 7, and have everything running again.

When I have XLobby running on display 1 (the HDTV) the internal mediaplayer will play movies correctly on that display.

When I have XLobby running on display 2 (the 12" touchscreen), and have mediaplayer checked in the multimonitor display config, the movie video is again (or still) off in space somewhere, even though I get sound, and the XLobby "timeline" moves.

I need some help, please.

Paul
cooldog

Postby wesblack on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:35 pm

Paul,

Please call me so we can get to the bottom this issue, Tel: 323-465-2131.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby cooldog on Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:32 am

wesblack wrote:Paul,

Please call me so we can get to the bottom this issue, Tel: 323-465-2131.

Wes Black \ Calrad

Thanks Wes ... what's a good time for you?

Paul
cooldog

Postby Jay on Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:40 am

Please post the solution.
I'm running Vista with the latest build and very strange things happen.
Have not tried this before, FYI.
Running XL on video 0 touch screen and tried to send internal player to video 1.
Video 1 is my main screen as defined in Windows Personalization.
Jay

Postby cooldog on Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:57 am

Jay,

Damn! We're nearly neighbors!

In any case, it's good to know that I am not the only one that has trouble with multi-monitor support in XLobby.

I have *never* gotten it to work with the internal mediaplayer, not ever. I have always had to use Zoomplayer, which happily plays on whatever display I tell it to. Now that the internal mediaplayer seems to be able to handle most formats, I'd really like to have that as an option.

What behavior are you seeing?

BTW, totally off-track --- if you like live music, you aren't too far away to consider a trip down to the best houseconcert series in ... oh, at least 200 miles ... check out my expensive hobby: www.cooldogconcerts.com . The next show is Valentine's Day.

Paul
cooldog

Postby Jay on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:19 am

Sorry for the delay!
I'll doc this on Monday.
Updated profile. No longer in PA.
Jay

PreviousNext