xEPGsearch plug-in www

Xlobby plugin development

Re: xEPGsearch plug-in www

Postby art on Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:05 am

The plug-in doesn't use any tv cards or tv software, so no, you can't schedule anything, but plug-in does copy all information from your xmltv.xml file about given program. Info is there, so in theory it could be used to pass it to your tv app with some .bat file or however your app would accept it.
art

Postby C-moi on Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:21 am

Thanks Art
C-moi

Postby homepc on Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:08 pm

Ok, great!! Thanks for the reply!!
homepc

Postby art on Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:07 am

C-moi,
Your first request should be done - you can translate variables into other languages. What I did was:
- replace "status" variable with 3 new ones (that hopefully will make translation easier)
* results - shows number of search matches (no translation needed)
* criteria - shows current criteria (no translation needed)
* results - Ready / Please wait, searching ... / Search ended. (translatable)
I updated my test skin to show the implementation of those changes.

You can translate the plug-in by creating "dictionary.txt" file in the plug-in sub-folder - there is a dictionary_sample.txt file in the .rar file with all the phrases that can be translated - just rename it and add your translated phrases to the right side of the "=" sign. If you don't want to translate whole phrases you can translate single words. Hopefully it will work for you.

As far as your second request, I need to ask you a question - I understand you have couple xml files in your xlobby\xmltv folder; do you have only one epg that combines all those files somehow or do you have separate epg for each xml file; and also, if you have one epg does it have all channels from all xml files? I'm simply not sure how you handle those multiple xml files, so if you could describe it a little that would help me. Thanks.
art

Postby C-moi on Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:44 am

Hi Art,

Your first request should be done - you can translate variables into other languages. What I did was:
- replace "status" variable with 3 new ones (that hopefully will make translation easier)
* results - shows number of search matches (no translation needed)
* criteria - shows current criteria (no translation needed)
* results - Ready / Please wait, searching ... / Search ended. (translatable)
I updated my test skin to show the implementation of those changes.

Art, you are great ! :D
All works fine : there is one field i can't translate (category %startweekday%) all the days in the results are is english : i tried to translate monday=lundi... in the dictionary.txt file but it doesn't work.

Hopefully it will work for you.

All works great

you have couple xml files in your xlobby\xmltv folder

yes

do you have only one epg that combines all those files somehow or do you have separate epg for each xml file;

i have a global epg in XlobbyFr\plugins\xltv\xmltv\ folder and the xltv plugin create with this epg file several epg : by example i have a epg for movies channels, another for kid channels, another for news channels ... all this epg are created when xlobby start and they are all created in XlobbyFr\xmltv\ folder

and also, if you have one epg does it have all channels from all xml files?

i can copy the global epg in the XlobbyFr\xmltv\ folder and execute the searchon this epg : don't matter Art. I will ask to badubo who made the xltv plugin how is the better way to do but i think your plugin is already what i wished ! (if i could translate the name of the days)

Many thanks Art !
C-moi

Postby art on Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:34 pm

C-moi wrote:there is one field i can't translate (category %startweekday%) all the days in the results are is english

Ah, yes, I completely forgot about the search results, but it should be fixed now, try downloading plug-in again and include weekdays in the dictionary.txt file.

C-moi wrote:i have a global epg in XlobbyFr\plugins\xltv\xmltv\ folder and the xltv plugin create with this epg file several epg : by example i have a epg for movies channels, another for kid channels, another for news channels ... all this epg are created when xlobby start and they are all created in XlobbyFr\xmltv\ folder

OK, I think I understand now, let me see what I can do.
art

Postby badubo on Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:00 pm

Hello,

Just a tip, I don't know if it still work, but in your plugin, you can call :

Code: Select all
XEPG epg=xhelper.GetXEPG();
string Name=epg.GetName();

and you get the name of the currently used xmltv (no more need to store it in a config file ;) )
badubo

Postby art on Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:21 pm

Thanks for the tip badubo!
art

Postby C-moi on Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:34 pm

art,
i have an error
17/06/2007 20:22:04: Method not found: 'System.String XPluginSDK.XPluginHelper.ConvertVariables(System.String)'.
@xlExecute

17/06/2007 20:24:49: Method not found: 'System.String XPluginSDK.XPluginHelper.ConvertVariables(System.String)'.
@xlExecute

17/06/2007 20:24:49: Method not found: 'System.String XPluginSDK.XPluginHelper.ConvertVariables(System.String)'.
@xlExecute

17/06/2007 22:07:48: Method not found: 'System.String XPluginSDK.XPluginHelper.ConvertVariables(System.String)'.
@xlExecute

18/06/2007 21:39:52: Could not find file 'D:\XlobbyFr\xmltv\xmltv.dtd'.
@xmltv load

18/06/2007 21:39:59: Could not find file 'D:\XlobbyFr\xmltv\xmltv.dtd'.
@xmltv load

20/06/2007 18:22:56: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
@getcurrentchannel

i have no xmltv.xml file in the xmltv folder but i have a xmltv.dtd file in it.
My epg file is tvguide.xml and when i go in the setup / plugins / Configure : it's the right name i see : tvguide
is my sdk too old ? (1.0.2612.4380)
Thanks art and sorry for this error
C-moi

Postby art on Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:53 pm

Those top errors are old from 17th, 18th, so I think your sdk is OK. The one from today (20/06/2007) indicates that plug-in can't find a right epg (is this on my test skin?). I'll will need to make some changes to get those multiple epgs in order, now that I think about I'll probably stop using them (I was getting channel names from epg) and try to get channel names directly from xml files, so the search will work regardless if the epg works in xlobby or not.
art

Postby C-moi on Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:27 pm

Hi art,
i re-try with your skin and all woks great ! i forgot to update my skin ! The days are in french. I apologize for my mistake and i thank you very much for your plugin !
Thanks art Image
C-moi

Postby art on Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:35 am

I made some more changes to the plug-in. For one, I really did like your idea C-moi, about supporting multiple xml files, and second I just red on Zap2it Labs web page (http://labs.zap2it.com/) that they will discontinue their free service in September, which was my source for tv listings - that really sucks, so I may be faced with multiple sources/files in the near future myself...
Anyway, changes include:
- setup was removed (file and internal plug-in window)
- plug-in does not need internal epg from xlobby anymore, only valid *.xml file(s), so homepc you should be able to use this plug-in now :wink:
- support for multiple xml files was added.

In order to add support for multiple xml files I had to change "search" command. Now argument for it should look like so:
category@xmlfiles
ex: if your category name is "xepgsearch" and you have 2 xml files you want to search - "xmltv.xml" and "tvguide.xml" your argument should look like this:
xepgsearch@xmltv,tvguide
basically just separate files with comas. Don't include .xml extensions.
Also, I added <epgname> tag to the results, so it will indicate where the results are coming from.
art

Postby S Pittaway on Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:59 am

i tried this and it works well cheers :)

the guide i currently use (built into nebula tv) filters the results when ever you press a key -

press t and it shows

top gun
this stuff
the day
etc

press h and it auto filters down to
their stuff
the day

press e and it auto filters down to
the day

i "tried" it and by pressing search whenver i entered a char and it was more than quick enuff to do it on a ten day guide...

Is there a way to get xlobby to work in the same way ? i guess this is more of a xlobby question than anything to do with your plugin but its work asking :)
S Pittaway

Postby bmblank on Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:22 am

Sure seems like it'd be possible, but it would be a series of filters in seems. (filter first letter, filter that selection for the second letter, filter THAT selection...)
bmblank

Postby S Pittaway on Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:28 am

all i want to do is press the search button automatcaclly whenever a key is pressed....

dont know how to do it tho :)
S Pittaway

PreviousNext