Jowaldo's Skin - Beta 2.1 - UPDATED for resource manager

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby Arthur on Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:33 pm

The alphabet jumper is a good idea!
Arthur

Postby str1der on Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:40 pm

With out getting into a lot of detail, is it possible with xlobby's db to use the search function to do track searching. I figure it could even be an option button on the search screen similar to the play or que buttons on the album page.
str1der

Postby jowaldo on Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:49 pm

yeah thats what I'm doin at this moment... trying to make the letters a DB so it can be scrolled through quickly. But I'm not sure if its possible right now to do it that way, since it jumps with an ID of show>x

Id's can't be assigned to db items... i'll play around with it and see if its possible, if it isn't i'll put in a feature request.
jowaldo

Postby str1der on Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:24 am

Something else that I noticed that was kind of awkard was that in the play list screen when you hit the buttons you would think it would intiate the function. For example when a track is selected and you hit the delete button it would delete it, or when you hit play it would play it. Instead you select the button which puts it into that "mode" then what ever track you select that function happens. It seems kind of counter intuitive.
str1der

Postby Colby on Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:08 am

str1der,

str1der wrote:It seems kind of counter intuitive.

I remember the same feelings initially when I found xlobby, long ago. I hated it. Thats why I made my skin, that has none of these "counter-intuitve" elements.

After much conjecture about Xlobby's logic I think I know the reason for this though. We are American. I think our logic, or methodology seems different than the rest of the world. And there are more "foreigners" using this program than us. Steve is Canadian, eh.

I think its important to note, that it is not "counter-intuitive", this is only opinion. To many this is a good way to do things. And its just different than what youre used to.
Colby

Postby str1der on Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:33 pm

I guess what I meant by counter intuitive was in the sense that "most" people who use a computer use a Microsoft OS. If you look at how things are done in that and in apps that use it, one normaly selects an object then hits or selects something to perform the action ie. highlight a file then hit the delete key or select delete from a menu. I didn't realize this was a function of Xlobby and not the skin. I'll try out yours and other skins to see what others have done. Thanks.
str1der

Postby jowaldo on Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:31 am

Yeah I'm definitley going to work on making the skin more intuitive, including the playlist screen...
jowaldo

hello

Postby Kiersten on Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:47 am

Thanks Jowaldo! 8) That's an awesome skin!
Kiersten

Postby tatatoothy on Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:19 am

where can I download?
tatatoothy

Postby Naylia on Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:35 am

I think the latest one is hear:

http://www.xlobby.com/files/jowaldo/jowaldo.zip
Naylia

Postby jowaldo on Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:29 am

Naylia wrote:I think the latest one is hear:

yeah thats the last one I posted... I still haven't posted my new layout cuz some parts need to be cleaned up and tested a bit. I haven't had much time lately to work on my skin tho :(

Hopefully soon I'll post it.
jowaldo

Postby edgley on Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:35 pm

Hi,

The beta 3 download doesnt seem to be working.

also, I was looking for documentation of how you have set up the cd ripping part (being too lazy to look through all the posts!)

thanks,

Simon.
edgley

Postby jowaldo on Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:53 pm

edgley wrote:Hi,

The beta 3 download doesnt seem to be working.

also, I was looking for documentation of how you have set up the cd ripping part (being too lazy to look through all the posts!)

thanks,

Simon.

This is the latest one I posted.
jowaldo

Postby edgley on Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:03 pm

Thanks, that worked fine.

I have now gone and read all the pages of the thread, but cannt see how to set up the Cdex plugin.
I have downloaded, do I need to put anything in the plug directory?

Thanks,

Simon.
edgley

Postby jowaldo on Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:51 pm

you should be able to just hit f2 and go to the plugins tab and configure cdex from there.

That is assuming that you have downloaded the actual cdex program and installed/configured it already.

What exactly have you done so far?
jowaldo

PreviousNext