Code for autorepeat button HERE!

Help each other out

Re: Code for autorepeat button HERE!

Postby samsonlov on Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:42 am

I guess that means that my sense of humor translates into "Klingon". :lol:
samsonlov

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:03 am

samsonlov wrote:This has been available for a little while, so I thought maybe this thread should be closed.

:)

Situation might have been solved for commercial lobby. However this post is on _freelobby_ section, which means issue and this discussion is still relevant for us gutter punks and e-beggars like me.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby samsonlov on Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:02 am

Yes, P3rv3rt B3ar, you are right, maybe I shouldn't have posted that, but I was so excited to finally get autorepeat that I must have ignored that I was in the "V2" section.

Why don't you change to V3? Are there other features/plugins you are using in V2 that aren't available in V3 yet?

Sounds like maybe Sean can write the "autorepeat" plugin for you - even though as he has indicated, ("it won't be a 5-minute job.")

I hope you find a solution.
samsonlov

Postby billberet on Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:17 am

just as a thought, when i was in V2, i had the event of a button triplicated, so for every click i got 3 outputs.
it was for my volume control. wasn't the best solution, but it cut my voluming tapping down by 1/3
billberet

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:53 pm

samsonlov wrote:Yes, P3rv3rt B3ar, you are right, maybe I shouldn't have posted that, but I was so excited to finally get autorepeat that I must have ignored that I was in the "V2" section.

Why don't you change to V3? Are there other features/plugins you are using in V2 that aren't available in V3 yet?

Sounds like maybe Sean can write the "autorepeat" plugin for you - even though as he has indicated, ("it won't be a 5-minute job.")

I hope you find a solution.

:shock: uh, Sean is a master wizard, but imo its not like im retarded on code department either ;)

I dont really have personal need for said autorepeat function (but surely other V2 users might)... question of getting last event though is interesting to say atleast in coding point of view...

Ive spent considerable time on tinkering around API on V2 so im not really keen to loose that investment, also im not willing to buy bundle of unneeded hardware and face the limitations of V3 license agreement.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby samsonlov on Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:39 pm

Since you're one of the "veterans" and you have been so active on the forum, I'm sure if you emailed Wes, he'd be able to do something for you where you wouldn't need any of the "hardware" (V3 license only).

But I'm wondering: what are the "limitiations" of the V3 license agreement? :confused:
samsonlov

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:56 pm

Like number of hosts u can run it...
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby samsonlov on Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:04 pm

What do you mean by "number of hosts"
samsonlov

Postby lpg on Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:40 am

You need to buy a copy for each machine you run it on.
lpg

Postby S Pittaway on Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:35 am

you need to setup a keyboard/mouse hook and interceept the down/up events and trigger the req event from a timmer, it can be done from inside a plugn buts its not going to be quick.

its certanly Googleable (if thats a word)

if i needed it i would happily knock it up for you, but i dont, as it stands i dont even have time to fix the bugs in my skin, let alone write a plugin :)
Last edited by S Pittaway on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.
S Pittaway

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:28 pm

Ok i have to say i agree with mr samsonlov here this thread should be closed before i snap and loose my nervs totally :D
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby S Pittaway on Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:48 pm

my wireless keyboard sucks, i always lose a few key presses, but it took me 3 goes to get tke last bit in! :?

anywaya few chars have been added, it was ment to read like i was agreeing with you pervy, its not going to get writern :)
S Pittaway

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:32 pm

I guess i own u apology, Mr Pitt, for letting my ego run unchecked and interpret that instead of answering OP u were answering to my related, but bit harder, question of "name of last fired event", which i posed after missunderstanding the original post.

Your solution obviously satisfies the original question and it would be pretty much five minute addition to xpert.dll cause i already have mouse and keyboard hooks inplace on it. However current state of the source is such a mess that i wont be implementing the feature either.

Now i guess your aproach combined with thoroughly insane analysis of skin xmls during the load time could yield satisfactory solution to my bit more general question, but im still hoping we discover bit easier and perhaps more elegant way, especially considering that i have no planned features to utilize this information, just my curiosity to understand and exploit V2 better.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby S Pittaway on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:23 pm

i do use auto-repeats on my remote control but i let eventghost do all of the worl for me and i am on V3 as well :)

BTW, i did not read everything, i was simply talking about a simple run_event type solution - nothing flash :)
S Pittaway

Postby samsonlov on Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:31 pm

Thanks lpg,

Yes, I know you need a copy for each machine. What I should have written to P3rv3tt3 is: "How many machines do you have running xLobby?"
samsonlov

PreviousNext