Working conversion of DVDProfiler 3.x to 2.x.

Speak your mind

Re: Working conversion of DVDProfiler 3.x to 2.x.

Postby cmhardwick on Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:46 am

Ok, question for anyone using this work-around. Some plots include things like cr/lf and apostrophes and such. the export changes these to what look like escape codes which display correctly in a program like Internet Explorer, but XLobby doesn't know what to do with them, so I end up with these little blocks and no breaks between paragraphs, etc. example pasted below:

Welcome aboard the Seaview, "the most extraordinary submarine in all the Seven Seas!" From the outside, the ship appears to be a high-tech research vessel, but it's actually the mightiest weapon in the Cold War arsenal of the U.S., sent on perilous, top-second missions to battle the enemies of mankind.����Join Admiral Harriman Nelson, Captain Lee Crane and the crew of the Seaview, as they venture through a breathtaking undersea world in Irwin Allen's action packed TV classic, where science-fiction adventure meets espionage thriller! ������(Episode List)��1. Eleven Days to Zero��2. The City Beneath the Sea��3. The Fear-Makers ��4. The Mist of Silence��5. The Price of Doom��6. The Sky is Falling��7. Turn Back the Clock��8. The Village of Guilt��9. Hot Line��10. Submarine Sunk Here��11. The Magnus Beam��12. No Way Out��13. The Blizzard Makers��14. The Ghost of Moby Dick��15. Long Live the King��16. Hail to the Chief

is SHOULD be like this:
Welcome aboard the Seaview, "the most extraordinary submarine in all the Seven Seas!" From the outside, the ship appears to be a high-tech research vessel, but it's actually the mightiest weapon in the Cold War arsenal of the U.S., sent on perilous, top-second missions to battle the enemies of mankind.

Join Admiral Harriman Nelson, Captain Lee Crane and the crew of the Seaview, as they venture through a breathtaking undersea world in Irwin Allen's action packed TV classic, where science-fiction adventure meets espionage thriller!

(Episode List)
1. Eleven Days to Zero
2. The City Beneath the Sea
3. The Fear-Makers
4. The Mist of Silence
5. The Price of Doom
6. The Sky is Falling
7. Turn Back the Clock
8. The Village of Guilt
9. Hot Line
10. Submarine Sunk Here
11. The Magnus Beam
12. No Way Out
13. The Blizzard Makers
14. The Ghost of Moby Dick
15. Long Live the King
16. Hail to the Chief

Any clues???
cmhardwick

Postby thekochs on Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:57 pm

I see these too.....I can't get DVDProfiler 3.x to import other than coverart into Per-Release 7.

As you stated, I also see these items in XL FREE using the covnersion. I think XL needs to treat these as blanks when it comes across.

I will play with this more....I'm still working on TheaterTek in new Pre-Release.
thekochs

Postby cmhardwick on Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:48 pm

I have no problem with pre-release 7 pulling in everything, all fields. Then I copy that database to my "free xlobby" directory hehehe.
cmhardwick

Postby thekochs on Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:23 am

cmhardwick wrote:I have no problem with pre-release 7 pulling in everything, all fields. Then I copy that database to my "free xlobby" directory hehehe.

Do you get the same "blocks" this way ?

Also, if you can outline to make sure I'm not missing something on where you put the DVDProfiler settings and what those are for you in XL so I can make sure I have they correct. I assume I'm missing something. It's wierd though....I get the coverart to show and it's pulling it from the new location of DVD Profiler 3.x database location in MyDocs versus old 2.x version in Program Files DVD Profiler location.

Also, can you outline "which" directories you copy from/to from XL 7.x to XL FREE for the Profiler info ?

Thanks !!!
thekochs

Postby cmhardwick on Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:11 pm

questions questions questions ;)

Ok, Profiler info is exactly the same as in free-lobby and DVD 2.0. Just change the database location name to "c:\documents and settings\####\My documents\dvd profiler\database\default" where #### is your windows user name, you know the drill probably on that.

I don't get the "blocks" pulling into the new version. All I do after that is copy the MOVIES.XML file from the prerelease\database directory to the free\database directory and restart (if running) the free version so it picks up the database.
cmhardwick

Postby thekochs on Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:10 pm

cmhardwick wrote: Ok, Profiler info is exactly the same as in free-lobby and DVD 2.0. Just change the database location name to "c:\documents and settings\####\My documents\dvd profiler\database\default" where #### is your windows user name, you know the drill probably on that.

I did this.....and no luck with the metadata info...I'll have to look into further. Just to clarify the new XL 7.x does not need the Profiler 3.x to 2.x conversion we go thru ? I ask because I'm pointing to XML file as the 3.x Profiler extract. In XL FREE I point to the CCViewer converted export.

cmhardwick wrote: I don't get the "blocks" pulling into the new version. All I do after that is copy the MOVIES.XML file from the prerelease\database directory to the free\database directory and restart (if running) the free version so it picks up the database.

Wow, very cool. Guess this must be some artifact of the 2.x import/export of Tom Gaines Cinematic Viewer. Do you want to post to his threads and let him know ? I would but youy seem further along....I hesistate until I get 7.x working....I just downloaded this weekend so still in newb mode. :)

http://www.invelos.com/Forums.aspx?task ... icID=16649
http://www.invelos.com/Forums.aspx?task ... &PageNum=3
thekochs

Postby cmhardwick on Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:54 pm

I can't remember if they show up with the wierd symbols and such when Imported to his program or only after exporting. I'd have to look. The BLOCKS wouldn't show up in his, they are just there because xLobby doesn't know how to translate the coding I believe. (again, I"ll have to look).

So, you are saying that if you start with an empty movies file, point the DVDPro parameters to the correct place, etc, and DON'T HAVE A CHECKMARK where it says something like ignore dvdprofile for all movies (make sure it's set to use it for all movies) you JUST get coverart and nothing from the xml import? You are pointing xlobby to the c:\collection.xml (which is what you exported your profiler database to) correct?
cmhardwick

Postby thekochs on Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:59 pm

cmhardwick wrote:I can't remember if they show up with the wierd symbols and such when Imported to his program or only after exporting. I'd have to look. The BLOCKS wouldn't show up in his, they are just there because xLobby doesn't know how to translate the coding I believe. (again, I"ll have to look).

Completely agree...that's why I wonder if we should let Tom Gaines know ?

cmhardwick wrote: So, you are saying that if you start with an empty movies file, point the DVDPro parameters to the correct place, etc, and DON'T HAVE A CHECKMARK where it says something like ignore dvdprofile for all movies (make sure it's set to use it for all movies) you JUST get coverart and nothing from the xml import? You are pointing xlobby to the c:\collection.xml (which is what you exported your profiler database to) correct?

Yes, for....XL 7.x. For XL FREE I'm fine going thru the conversion. Thus, for XL 7.x I'm not pointing to the Cinematic Viewer export (converted) file but rather the direct Profiler 3.x exported XML. Again, not in front of my HTPC and XL 7.x but I'm 90% sure the check marks are set to use DVD Profiler. In fact, I recall going into edit database for movies and the coverart path showed the DVD Profiler database path in MyDocs. So, I assume this means it saw the path correctly and brought in the coverart accordingly....just no other info. Wierd.
thekochs

Postby cmhardwick on Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:17 pm

I'll do a screen capture tonight on one of my systems and send it to you for the settings i'm using. Really, other than pointing to the other location for the database, there is no difference.

Where's an email I can use for you. You can just shoot it to me through here if you want, so it won't be posted for everyone to see.
cmhardwick

Postby thekochs on Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:04 pm

cmhardwick wrote:I'll do a screen capture tonight on one of my systems and send it to you for the settings i'm using. Really, other than pointing to the other location for the database, there is no difference.

Where's an email I can use for you. You can just shoot it to me through here if you want, so it won't be posted for everyone to see.

I sent you an e:mail.....my question is below the database in F2 there is a Browse path for the XML file. The path above is DVD Profiler database path....the MyDocs one. My assumption is that FREE needs the converted Profiler 2.x file from the 3.x export. XL 7.x however can import the 3.x export directly...thus this second browse path points to different XML file ?
thekochs

Postby cmhardwick on Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:43 pm

There one path for the database, one for the xml file. Can't remember the labels for each. The XML path is directly to the exported 3.0 file (by default in profiler, c:\collection.xml)
For clarity's sake, I'd make the 3 to 2 converted file a different filename completely and change the file name in free-lobby.
cmhardwick

Postby thekochs on Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:55 pm

cmhardwick wrote:Ok, question for anyone using this work-around. Some plots include things like cr/lf and apostrophes and such. the export changes these to what look like escape codes which display correctly in a program like Internet Explorer, but XLobby doesn't know what to do with them, so I end up with these little blocks and no breaks between paragraphs, etc. example pasted below:

Welcome aboard the Seaview, "the most extraordinary submarine in all the Seven Seas!" From the outside, the ship appears to be a high-tech research vessel, but it's actually the mightiest weapon in the Cold War arsenal of the U.S., sent on perilous, top-second missions to battle the enemies of mankind.����Join Admiral Harriman Nelson, Captain Lee Crane and the crew of the Seaview, as they venture through a breathtaking undersea world in Irwin Allen's action packed TV classic, where science-fiction adventure meets espionage thriller! ������(Episode List)��1. Eleven Days to Zero��2. The City Beneath the Sea��3. The Fear-Makers ��4. The Mist of Silence��5. The Price of Doom��6. The Sky is Falling��7. Turn Back the Clock��8. The Village of Guilt��9. Hot Line��10. Submarine Sunk Here��11. The Magnus Beam��12. No Way Out��13. The Blizzard Makers��14. The Ghost of Moby Dick��15. Long Live the King��16. Hail to the Chief

is SHOULD be like this:
Welcome aboard the Seaview, "the most extraordinary submarine in all the Seven Seas!" From the outside, the ship appears to be a high-tech research vessel, but it's actually the mightiest weapon in the Cold War arsenal of the U.S., sent on perilous, top-second missions to battle the enemies of mankind.

Join Admiral Harriman Nelson, Captain Lee Crane and the crew of the Seaview, as they venture through a breathtaking undersea world in Irwin Allen's action packed TV classic, where science-fiction adventure meets espionage thriller!

(Episode List)
1. Eleven Days to Zero
2. The City Beneath the Sea
3. The Fear-Makers
4. The Mist of Silence
5. The Price of Doom
6. The Sky is Falling
7. Turn Back the Clock
8. The Village of Guilt
9. Hot Line
10. Submarine Sunk Here
11. The Magnus Beam
12. No Way Out
13. The Blizzard Makers
14. The Ghost of Moby Dick
15. Long Live the King
16. Hail to the Chief

Any clues???

Check it out...............looks like tom Gaines knows why and will try a fix. If he e:mails be a BETA....you want to try ?

http://www.invelos.com/Forums.aspx?task ... =#LASTPOST
thekochs

Postby cmhardwick on Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:27 pm

Sure, I'll test it. But since I have the license on the new one, it's not really an issue with me anymore. Easier to import in new version then copy the files over for use on the free-lobby. The main reason I haven't fully switched is that I can't get the internal movie player to trigger from the thin-client. I'm working with Steven on this however. You can play music that way, but I can't get the movies to work. So, as I use a PPC to control my system "remotely" for watching movies, etc, I'm still using the free version for that.
Also, if I need a "thick client", for now I think I can still use the free version full install as a thick client connecting to the new version as server. Don't know what will come of that solution when V3 comes out.

Oh well, back to your original question (and the subject of this whole thread hehehe) Yes, email it to me if you want. You've got my addy. :D

Oh, and I posted a followup to your post to Tom. It's not just that it's showing up as crlf (i honestly don't think that's the issue) it's being converted to escape codes, or something similar. Look at a plot entry with multiple paragraphs (lf) from the dvd-pro export and compare it to the converted file he's creating. You'll see what I'm talking about. I'm looking in the raw XML file, not inside xLobby.
cmhardwick

Previous