Jowaldo's Skin - Beta 2.1 - UPDATED for resource manager

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby theendisnye on Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:54 am

Great Skin!!

I like the 'open' option on the music section however when I 'open' the final album the Play and Queue buttons under the album cover art don't seem to work, any ideas?

Stevel
theendisnye

Postby jowaldo on Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:02 am

RobBug wrote:Just want to say ... SWEET skin!! :D :D

Also on the weather page.....what might I be doin wrong if the daily graphic is not loading.....the one that gives you the sun/clouds/t-storms etc. I get a line of that points to the image but no image.

Keep up the great work. Huge potential with this skin.

Thanks
Rob

Thanks for the complent, suggestions are always wanted ;)

About the weather images, I don't include them in my skin because the ones I use would make the size of the skin HUGE compared to what it is now. Plus I'd like to get permission from the guy who made them first. Anyways these are the ones I use:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/5215175/

just put them in your plugins/xweather/images folder
jowaldo

Postby Berra on Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:23 am

the files/links seemes to be down.

tell me if you need any webserver or ftp space, in that case im glad to be at help.
Berra

Postby jowaldo on Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:13 pm

theendisnye wrote:Great Skin!!

I like the 'open' option on the music section however when I 'open' the final album the Play and Queue buttons under the album cover art don't seem to work, any ideas?

Stevel

Well the play and queue buttons when pressed get toggled on/off. Say if you have an album selected and you click play, that just sets a mode for when you click an album cover at the top. So after you click play, if you click on a album at the top, it will play it then. Hope that makes sense ;)

Berra: sorry about that i accidently deleted the files, and i don't have copies of those older versions of my skin. I'm doing just a few more tweaks to my skin, and i'll prob upload it this afternoon.
jowaldo

Postby wintz on Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:11 pm

Any idea when your skin link will be up again m8?
wintz

Postby RobBug on Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:20 pm

:D :D Thanks Jowaldo......worked perfectly. And ya at 3mb's that would have pushed your skin to the limit heheheh. Still testing things out and setting it all up.

For those of you that have itunes or another music player - the external link works seamlessly.

Anyways gonna tool with this some more.

Lates

Rob
RobBug

Postby gingellr on Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:55 pm

Hi Jowaldo,

have just updated to latest xlobby.exe 40.2 r29 the main screens still works fine but for some reason totally messed up the ppc.

Bright yellow backgrounds, no text on buttons and on playlist/now playing screens etc...

Is this particular to me, or something else?

thanks

Richard
gingellr

Postby jowaldo on Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:26 am

RobBug wrote::D :D Thanks Jowaldo......worked perfectly. And ya at 3mb's that would have pushed your skin to the limit heheheh. Still testing things out and setting it all up.

For those of you that have itunes or another music player - the external link works seamlessly.

Anyways gonna tool with this some more.

Lates

Rob

Hehe yeah I know its not much, but the main thing was is that I update a copy of my skin somewhat often, and since the images for weather go way in another folder I usually don't bother putting them in the zip for the occasional update. Plus since the weather images don't go in the skin folder, I don't feel I need to as much, maybe it would be a good thing tho if the weather images could be part of the skin folder. Steven? ;)

gingellr: i checked and found that bug too with the latest exe's. Hopefully steven can fix this.

also its time to retire this thread, its gettin way too long I should have started another one a while ago ;)

Here it is, with a new much more updated copy of my skin.
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1874
jowaldo

Postby Colby on Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:02 am

My vote is dont put the the weather images in the skin, leave them in the plugin folder.

Kill this Thread, its a dozen pages too long!
Colby

PPC skin

Postby arnold on Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:30 pm

jowalbo, version 3 of your skin looks great but i am having problem displaying it on myPPC, I am running all the latest xlobby updates but when i launch 2SD the hour glass spins then goes back to normal. the PPC was working fine before I had to run the latest xlooby up dates to enable the running of your version3, any ideas?
arnold

Postby jowaldo on Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:22 pm

I haven't had time to test any of the latest ppc exe's with my skin so I will have to play around with that and get back to you.

Make sure you are using the latest version of my skin, which at the moment I didn't give a version number.

http://www.xlobby.com/files/jowaldo/jowaldo.zip

and also make sure you are using the latest exe's... That should give you the best odd's of making it work right.
jowaldo

Postby str1der on Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:57 pm

Well I'm a newbie and just installed xlobby along with your skin. This is a really great skin by the way. I really want it for the jukebox functionality which I use with a touch screen. I've been using a piece of software called Partytime Jukebox which is pretty cool. I did make a couple minor changes to the layout which I like. For one I changed the text on the QuickView button to say "All Albums" and changed the Albums button to say "Selection". Seemed more appropriate to me. Another thing I did was add a Reset button from the search screen to the jukebox screens down at the bottom just to the left of the Now playing under the musical notes button. This allows me to reset to the normal view after doind a search without having to go back to the search screen. Works really well.

I do have a couple questions though. Is there a way to have a button, that when touched, would bring up a vertical alphabet that you could then select a letter and the collection would jump straight there? Secondly performance moving from one screen to another seems kind of slow on my 2200+ AMD with 512 MB. Is that normal?

I'm also having trouble with the weather plugin. I've tried the built in one and Xoap. I get the top half information (radar, temp,...) but I don't get anything for the 5 day forecast. No info or pics. Any ideas on this? Thanks for all the great work.
str1der

Postby jowaldo on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:00 pm

str1der wrote:Well I'm a newbie and just installed xlobby along with your skin. This is a really great skin by the way. I really want it for the jukebox functionality which I use with a touch screen. I've been using a piece of software called Partytime Jukebox which is pretty cool. I did make a couple minor changes to the layout which I like. For one I changed the text on the QuickView button to say "All Albums" and changed the Albums button to say "Selection". Seemed more appropriate to me. Another thing I did was add a Reset button from the search screen to the jukebox screens down at the bottom just to the left of the Now playing under the musical notes button. This allows me to reset to the normal view after doind a search without having to go back to the search screen. Works really well.

I do have a couple questions though. Is there a way to have a button, that when touched, would bring up a vertical alphabet that you could then select a letter and the collection would jump straight there? Secondly performance moving from one screen to another seems kind of slow on my 2200+ AMD with 512 MB. Is that normal?

I'm also having trouble with the weather plugin. I've tried the built in one and Xoap. I get the top half information (radar, temp,...) but I don't get anything for the 5 day forecast. No info or pics. Any ideas on this? Thanks for all the great work.

I might change the terminolgy to All Albums.. that does make more sense.

To have a button to jump to a letter in the alphabet of songs would be no problem.. I'll add it to the skin. The slowness problem could be that your cover art is too big. What size are the images?

About the weather plugin, I recently noticed that too, something must have broke in the latest updates. I'm going to change my skin to use the xoap plugin soon, so everything should be all back and function then.
jowaldo

Postby str1der on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:33 pm

Thanks for the help and replies Jowaldo. I started thinking about the search function and the alphabet function and I know what I might try to do. I would like to have the search function screen be a track searcher and just use the alphabet button to jump to artists starting with that letter. That would give me the best of both worlds since that would get you close enough to your artist to browse for them but also allow you to look for a particular track that you might not know the artist or album for. Obviously I don't expect you to do all of this just something I might try to do when I get more comfortable with it.
str1der

Postby jowaldo on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:54 pm

adding an alphabet jumper wouldn't take any time at all... I don't mind adding it ;)
jowaldo

PreviousNext