TVMan: TV Episode Database Importer

Xlobby plugin development

Postby dalanik on Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:07 pm

Aha, so it's XLobby bug, I know about that one, that's why I downloaded sept 11 release which was supposed to be fine (on my HTPC I still use august release)

Thanx,

D.
dalanik

Postby Necro on Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:11 am

Just wanted to do a check on my favorite new feature thats coming out soon (no pressure...hehe) - autorun updates! (or commandline update with no interaction at all!)

:)
Necro

Postby Jarrod on Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:49 pm

I cant wait for it either :)

But I wont be able to work on it for a few weeks, very hectic with work.
Jarrod

Postby Necro on Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:35 pm

hehe, ok. :) Perfect response, BTW :) I totally understand work being hectic - things have been completely insane at my place of work as well...the reason I posted was to make sure you are still around and because I finally got Xlobby fully functional via remote.

I'm setting up audio zones now and reworking the XlobbyMC skin, then I'm pretty much good to go...which is nice.
Necro

is this still being developed?

Postby Myth on Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:15 am

Hi TVMan,
Are You still developing this plug-in?

thanks
David
Myth

Postby Jarrod on Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:18 am

I havent made any changes to it since last release. Been using it for a while and I know a few things need to be worked on, just no time :(

What features/fixes are you after?
Jarrod

Postby Myth on Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:03 am

Jarrod wrote:I havent made any changes to it since last release. Been using it for a while and I know a few things need to be worked on, just no time :(

What features/fixes are you after?

Hi Jarrod,

Was hoping for the stills support, (see http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4852&start=60

And anything else that will make TV series easier ;-)

Is there any way to perhaps, using a base cover image, and overlay the Episode 1 etc on top, instead of the black n white default images?

Thanks
Myth
Myth

Postby Jarrod on Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:57 am

For the episode number, i could just overlay the numbers ontop of an image, shouldnt be hard to do.

Stills are something I would never use personally, but if I get some time to work on TVMan I will see what I can do.
Jarrod

Re:

Postby Myth on Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:02 am

Jarrod wrote:Stills are something I would never use personally, but if I get some time to work on TVMan I will see what I can do.

Hi Jarrod,
Any chance, that you've had time to work on this?

Thanks
Myth
Myth

Re: TVMan: TV Episode Database Importer

Postby cmhardwick on Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:21 pm

This looks great, as I'm starting to add TV shows to my collection but I have a question. I store everything in DVD folder format (name\video_ts) will your program pick this up, or do I have to have them converted to just one file, such as .mpg or .avi?

Thanks. not sure how I missed this before, but I'll have to give it a try tonight!
cmhardwick

Postby Russell on Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:40 pm

How about adding a feature for those who don't store the TV series locally. I have a 300 disc changer loaded with my tv shows. I entered the disc location/slot info into DVD profiler, but I would like to have episode info. Any way this can be done?
Russell

Postby WannaTheater on Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:53 am

Great utility, but I find myself constantly hand-manipulating the generated datase.. here is why:

1) All of my databases are stored on a local machine, but all of my media is on a network share. I initialy put NEW episodes on the local machine, then run TVman against those episodes, creating a temporary tv_series database. Then I move the media files to the network share.
So I need to hand-edit all media locations to point to the network share. This is not a bug - but I need to do it this way since my network share spans multiple drives, and TVMan will try to rewrite the file names which is not possible on the share (only individual discs).

2) All my coverart is located on the LOCAL machine (not in the directories of the actual media). So I need to hand-edit these values in the generated XMl to point to local machine.

3) Then I hand-merge the newly created XML database into the "master" XML database.

4) One bug that I know of is that some of the descriptions mistakenly put "Watch Video" as the first 2 words. Probably a problem with the HTML parsing on eps where there is a link to watch a trailer of the video.

Any chance on you releasing the source for this?

Thanks!
WannaTheater

Postby Jarrod on Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:48 pm

Seeing as though I have had no time to work on this, I will indeed release the source for others to continue with if they like.

http://www.guilink.com/TVMan.rar

Checkout the RAR file: it includes the VB.NET solution, including all source files.
Also included is the logo and icon source files.

I didnt have time to add comments to the source, but hopefully its pretty straight forward.
Jarrod

Postby Myth on Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:58 am

Jarrod wrote:I will indeed release the source for others to continue with if they like..

Thanks Jarrod, it is much appreciated :lol:
Myth
Myth

Postby WannaTheater on Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:29 pm

I think TV.com overhauled their website, which now makes use of javascript. As such, this application appears to no longer be functional. I have been looking through the source, and from what I can determine this can not be corrected through a simple change of regular expression patterns

Is anyone supporting this?

Thanks, its been great!
WannaTheater

Previous