What to display on a touchscreen in an open area

Speak your mind

Postby Mannyman on Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:27 pm

Motion sensor, what a great idea. I am thinking you would have the screen completely turn off after a set amount of time then the motion sensor would re-establish power when tripped, right? Doesn't really affect use when your in the room with the TS does it? Screen would just stay on at that point. Nice!!!

Sharp_1 has it right. The screen goes off automatically after a set amount of time of not touching screen via Windows, not by the motion detector. The screen goes on by x10 motion detectors/automation program/xReceive plugin.

I may change a script to automate the following routine:
1) In the morning as I walk down the hall, the Touch screen turns on via motion.
2) I then manually maximize XLobby
3) and go to my weather / traffic screen.

I guess I can stick in some time variables to avoid steps 2 and 3.
I just have a 401K so I don't follow stock market. Wish I'd bought some apple before the iPhone announcement...

Is it waking it up or is it like an X10 sensor that activated power back to it??

I use an automation program on another machine plus xsend/xreceive to trigger off the motion detectors. This simulates a cursor move that wakes up the screen.
For the aquarium I use the stardock product:http://www.stardock.com/products/aquarium/
Here an example of the sec cam screen that comes up when anyone approaches the house:
Mannyman

Re: What to display on a touchscreen in an open area

Postby rembetis on Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:35 pm

cioffij wrote:I've been thinking about what should be displayed on my touchscreen as sort of a screensaver.

I use a clock screensaver. Lots a cool ones out there, but one of my favorites is called "designer clock screensaver" and has three concentric blue rings and no numbers or hands. I'd send you a link, but the link I have has a trojan embedded in the .exe :shock:
rembetis

Postby Colby on Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:39 pm

I use a clock on my screensaver. http://www.3planesoft.com/pages/screens ... k&number=2
It chimes nicely and tic-toks.
Colby

Postby Mannyman on Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:44 pm

Colby,
Nice, but I was 99% sure that you would have designed/created a clock skin yourself.
Mannyman

Previous