Xlobby with Zoom Player Integration

Help each other out

Xlobby with Zoom Player Integration

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:52 pm

Still a newbie here, trying my best to set up a personal Xlobby skin for myself.

I've created a "Video" screen that uses zoom player behind the scenes. Using XMoveWindow, I've been able to display the zoom player video successfully but I do have a few questions.

When the video starts up, it startes up in full screen mode, so when it defaults to the XMoveWindow rectangle, only the top left portion of the screen is displayed. I have gone through all the setup windows of zoom player and checked off the appropriate selections (I think), especially the one that states to remember zoomplayers state when closing. I then only had a windowed video screen when I exited zoomplayer, but it still opened fullscreen in the XMoveWindow. How can I get it default so the whole image is within the XMoveWindow rectangle?

How would I go about to set up a button to choose to open the XMoveWindow video to full screen, then back again (I'd like to know this for Milkdrop as well).

How do you set up a volume bar, like in the audio player screen? I've tried to emulate that, but it doesn't work for me for zoomplayer.

How do you create a working progressbar and timing, again like what is used in the audio player screen?

How do you set up a file list to only display the video files. I've tried to only select the appropriate file types from F2 setup databases, but when I go to import my video (.wmv) it only finds one file, a mpeg, but does not even import that properly. Currently I've resorted to looking at the whole hard drive file list (like from the default "Files" screen).

I apologize if these question may seem trivial to some, but I will be waiting for your responses.

Thanks in advance.
Marbles_00

Postby badubo on Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:54 pm

When the video starts up, it startes up in full screen mode, so when it defaults to the XMoveWindow rectangle, only the top left portion of the screen is displayed. I have gone through all the setup windows of zoom player and checked off the appropriate selections (I think), especially the one that states to remember zoomplayers state when closing. I then only had a windowed video screen when I exited zoomplayer, but it still opened fullscreen in the XMoveWindow. How can I get it default so the whole image is within the XMoveWindow rectangle?

- Be sure that you don't use the -f (fullscreen) in the command line
- in settings/toggles : "start player in :" be sure you are not in fullscreen mode.
- For better results, creates an event sendmessages, that you send to ZP (TMainForm as class name) with parameters : (32817, 118,1). It corresponds to the F7 key that put ZP in a windowed mode. (copyright Qtips :wink: )
- if you have only a part of the image that is displayed, try another renderer (VRM7,9, overlay,...)

How would I go about to set up a button to choose to open the XMoveWindow video to full screen, then back again (I'd like to know this for Milkdrop as well).

I implemented some functions in xmovewindow, but the better way, I think, is :
- create an empty screen, when you want to go fullscreen, you call a goto screen to it.
- create an event "Fullscreen On" for ZP and you set it as the "enter event" of this screen
- create another event :"fullscreen off" and set it as "exit event"
- returning to the screen where you have the XMove window will pt ZP in window mode and set it inside the window.

How do you set up a volume bar, like in the audio player screen? I've tried to emulate that, but it doesn't work for me for zoomplayer.

How do you create a working progressbar and timing, again like what is used in the audio player screen?

As far as I know, you can't, there are no plugins for ZP

How do you set up a file list to only display the video files. I've tried to only select the appropriate file types from F2 setup databases, but when I go to import my video (.wmv) it only finds one file, a mpeg, but does not even import that properly. Currently I've resorted to looking at the whole hard drive file list (like from the default "Files" screen).

What metamask did you use?
badubo

Postby dalanik on Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:28 am

Quote:

As far as I know, you can't, there are no plugins for ZP

------------------------------

Ah, that's what I just found out as well :-) I'm trying to replace MPC which I use in my skin with XMoveWindow with Zoom Player, and the benefits are that you have one program less, but then you can't display progress bar in XLobby... Ofcourse, it's always possible to use ZOOM player progress bar, but if you set it one way (off screen bar) for windowed playback, then it doesn't look nice in fullscreen playback mode :-(

Anyone out there cares to write plugin for ZOOM like the one for MPC ?
:-)

D.
dalanik

Postby badubo on Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:46 am

ZP can be controlled with a socket interface, so it is possible to get the position as I do with XMpc. But I don't use ZP, I preffer MPC (and may be I will try videolan)
badubo

Thanks for the replies

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:10 pm

Thanks for your replies guys, your suggestions have helped big time. You guys rock! I didn't realize that under the player setting in Xlobby, /f was set for zoomplayer...well now I do.

As for the progress bar, I've taken dalanik's advice and using the zoomplayer minimalistic skin, the progress bar within zoomplayer is displayed at the top of the screen....good enough for me.

The fullscreen stuff, I hacked together a blank screen, with a small button to return to window, and using XMoveWindow a large viewing screen (not quite fullscreen). I still want to clean that up and impliment your suggestions badubo.

I never played around with metamasking, until last night. I'm was able to import the video files I wanted. Now I'm just figuring out how to display them (like displaying MP3 files in the music screen).

Now if I can just figure out why Xlobby will not go off to the net and update features like weather (using either xweather or xoapweather) and webcam images. It does an initial download, but that's it. Please view my post in the plugin section:
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3377

Marbles
Marbles_00

Postby dalanik on Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:39 pm

badubo wrote:ZP can be controlled with a socket interface, so it is possible to get the position as I do with XMpc. But I don't use ZP, I preffer MPC (and may be I will try videolan)

Would it be too much work to change XMPC to XZoom ? :-) MPC is cool, but what I really like about Zoom are it's Navigators whaich are great for using it with the remote control, which MPC lacks....

D.
dalanik

Postby badubo on Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:31 pm

Would it be too much work to change XMPC to XZoom ?

They are completely unrelated. So it means writting a new plugin from scratch. :(

One user of the french forum started the developement of such plugin (he asked me some questions) but I haven't news from him for a while
badubo

Postby rubbah on Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:09 pm

when i use zp i have made a screen where i have zp in video only mode and "always on top" selected

this way i can just dobble click the screen when i want to toggle between fullscreen and windowed,
rubbah