Android Client issue

Skin graphics and skinning help

Android Client issue

Postby lpg on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:05 am

Steven & Wes, I have been working on an Android Client mainly for movies and music using the web server. I know you are working on the Android platform, should I hold off on posting any problems I find in Mantis?

Larry
lpg

Re: Android Client issue

Postby wesblack on Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:29 pm

We are close to launching the new native android application, xPad interface. In any case please list the issues here so we can see if any of them are relevant to the current trelease.

Thanks,

Wes
wesblack

Re: Android Client issue

Postby lpg on Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:14 pm

That is great news Wes.

To start off everything works on the xlobby pc interface. Also the music interface works flawlessly. I only have problems with the movies.

I use .iso files for my 800+ movies, I have dvd, hddvd, abd blu-ray
    I create a field called format while importing the films that holds the type of movie I am playing
    I use an if then else structure to show an overlay of the movie type that is loading: blu-ray, hddvd, or dvd
To create a single movie experience for my family I use Arcsoft Theatermaster 5.2 with TM Server

Problems I am having on the android tablet:
    There is an issue with the %movies>format%. My if then else statements are executing based on the last movie type played. The movie loads correctly in daemon tools so I do not understand why this is occuring.
    From the tablet when I launch a DVD the mediaplayer plays the DVD even though TMT5 is launched.
    If I keep launching movies of different types xlobby will exit on it's own with no errors. There is no trace in task manager so the program just closes.
    I cannot use the PC event structure if I launch from the tablet. The movie will not launch or play.
    PC Interface: I am able to run a movie using the following:

On the tablet I need to run the event media player - play category item just to get it to set the format and mount the iso. This is not required when I run it directly from the HTPC.

Larry
lpg