Adding a File to Zoomplayer Playlist

Help each other out

Adding a File to Zoomplayer Playlist

Postby jji666 on Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:07 pm

It seems the question has been asked before but I cannot find an answer. After much tinkering I have been unable to load a video file into the Zoomplayer playlist. Basically, what I want to do is click on a category item, have it launch an overlay, and then have one button for "play this file now" and a second button for "add this to the zoomplayer queue" so that it plays in the order added. The "play now" works out of the box -- that is just execute category item. But I cannot figure out how to add an event that I can assign to a button that will load the selected category item into the zoomplayer queue. This must be possible and have been done. Please help!
jji666

Re: Adding a File to Zoomplayer Playlist

Postby tswhite70 on Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:14 pm

If ZP is already open then you should be able to use the ZP command line parameters to add the file to the playlist via an OS:Execute event:

"c:\program files\zplayer\zplayer.exe" "/queue:e:\my video files\"

"/queue:e:\my video files\" would become "/queue:%movies>parameter%" or whatever db\variable you need to pass. If ZP is not open I think you have use /add.

good luck,
tsw
tswhite70

Postby jji666 on Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:52 am

Thankyou! I will try that. I am not good at syntax for variables so this really helps.
jji666

Postby jji666 on Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:56 am

Works like a charm! Now my buddies and I can all sit around with separate touchscreen interfaces and launch videos into one zoom playlist and watch them in the order queued. Thanks!
jji666