How to play HD-DVD in PowerDVD & still use Zoom 4 DVD?

Help each other out

How to play HD-DVD in PowerDVD & still use Zoom 4 DVD?

Postby mpgxsvcd on Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:10 pm

How do you get HD-DVD to play in PowerDVD and DVDs to still play in Zoom?
Has anyone been able to get their HD-DVD and Blu-Ray .iso rips to play in PowerDVD while their DVD .iso rips play in Zoom? Does anyone have a skin built specifically around this function? Sorry if this is a question that has already been answered many times. I am a newb when it comes to Xlobby.
mpgxsvcd

Re: How to play HD-DVD in PowerDVD & still use Zoom 4 DVD?

Postby jji666 on Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:31 pm

If you have two different formats with the same extension that you want to play with different applications, I think the only thing you could would be to create separate databases/categories and then specify the application for the category in filetypes under the setup screen.

A more elegant solution would be to unpack the ISO files -- zoom pro will launch and play a .ifo file so that you can launch DVDs, and PowerDVD will launch and play the .xpl files for HD-DVD (but you have to map the drive if it's a file on the network because PowerDVD ultra will not recognize network files to launch from a .xpl). Note that zoom will play your Blu-Ray files and so it's a matter of building a playlist for those -- you only really need PowerDVD Ultra for HD-DVDs if you are just playing the constituent files.
jji666

Re: How to play HD-DVD in PowerDVD & still use Zoom 4 DVD?

Postby fletch on Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:27 pm

Just a thought but could you setup the HD-DVD rips as being offline items in the movies db? And then create an offline event that launches PowerDVD instead of the online event that launches Zoom. I've never tried anything like this but I think it could work.
fletch