Xnet & RSS news database refresh

Help each other out

Xnet & RSS news database refresh

Postby smarty on Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:19 pm

I have a XLobby fat client (Fujitsu 3500 touchscreen) controlling my XLobby server. On the fat client I have a couple of RSS news databases set up.

Here is the problem: When NOT connected to Xnet, I am able to press a button that "refreshes" the news category and set the news database.

When I AM connected to Xnet, the same button press DOES NOT cause a category or database refresh as it did before connecting to Xnet. However, if I F2 and go to the database screen and push refresh, the database will then update.

Am I doing something wrong? The RSS databases is set up on the fat client, NOT the server (I assume that is correct??). I have a category called "news", and I just change databases to display the different RSS information. Again, this ALL works OK (and refreshes/updates) prior to connecting to Xnet. Once connected, my RSS databases won't update unless I do it through the F2 screen.

Since I need the fat client connected to the server, how can I get it to update the RSS database with a button push (without going into the F2 screen)?
smarty

Postby smarty on Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:36 pm

Anyone?

I have re-created this problem...it is repeatable. Should the RSS datyabase NOT be in the fat client (seems like it should be)?

Anyone?
smarty

Re: Xnet & RSS news database refresh

Postby pvrnorth on Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:51 am

I've just added a RSS feed, and have the same problem, the database doesn't refresh unless I go through F2. Anyone have a workaround for this? I'm using the free version.
pvrnorth

Postby defrag on Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:00 am

Which version are you running? There are some db issues on fat clients when connected through xnet. I have highlighted these to Steven and Wes - so they are aware of the situation.

I too have noticed this, works fine when not connected to xnet - all hell breaks loose as soon as you connect. And it's not just rss that suffers!!!
defrag

Postby pvrnorth on Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:07 pm

I'm using what I think is the last free version of Xlobby. The exe is dated Feb 26, 2007
pvrnorth