3 Zone Audio from 1 Creative soundcard

title says it all

Postby justchillinout on Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:36 pm

Unfortunately the SB 5.1 was a left over card. Hated it when I bought and it sat around forever.

I was actually excited when I came across Xlobby, actually thought that I found a use for the SB!

I guess that's it for the SB now.
justchillinout

Postby edgley on Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:18 am

there is a forum for the kx project drivers that will be able to help.
thats how i got mine working in the first place.
edgley

KX DSP setup

Postby Lee on Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:20 pm

I read the KX forum messages on the DSP setup and the DSP guide. After spending a few minutes reading them, I realised why my SBcard wasn't working as 3 different zones. I stripped out all the existing setup and just replaced it with a simple 3 input / 3 output setup and it appears to be working fine now. Its probably not as good as a "real" sound card but it does what I want it to, and I don't have to spend anymore money on it!.

Lee
Lee

Postby justchillinout on Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:57 pm

I'll have to give it a try. I reviewed the kx forum and only got more confused.
justchillinout

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:38 am

I installed a Soundblaster Live SB0220 with the KX drivers and had no problems with getting it all to work with Winamp (3 instances for 3 zones). Where I am having problems is getting it to work with ZoomPlayer. Anyone have any advice on how to do it? I've tried all the different configurations in Zoomplayer but nothing seems to work.

David

*EDIT* I should have said that no matter what configuration I try in Zoomplayer, I don't get any audio out.
Marbles_00

Postby GFORCE on Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:38 am

I dont have a Problem with Zoomplayer
2x SB Audigy2 Value Cards
1x NFORCE3 Ultra Soundcard for SPDIF Out

all videos have their audio outputted via SPDIF since i am using a digital Amplifer

6 Audio Zones work Togther Flawlessly while watching TV/DVD/DivX
GFORCE

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:37 pm

Actually, I have no problems with the audio when playing via PowerDVD. I just have to make sure that the front/rear channels are switched in the KX driver, yet, I still can't get the audio to play from Zoomplayer...very bizarre.
Marbles_00

Postby btrcp2000 on Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:25 am

hi, reviving an old thread here...

Lee, I think I'm stuck where you were. I appear to have four devices, but no matter what I do, i can't get sound more than one output. I have a creative ct4871 card. all I'm trying to accoplish is more stero outs for multiznone music. cn you explain a little more about your setup, or give me some links to the forum info you found?

i have searched the forum, but i swear i find everything but useful information.

thanks in advance!
btrcp2000

Postby GFORCE on Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:55 am

have you setup the DSP btrcp2000?
GFORCE

Postby btrcp2000 on Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:14 pm

thanks for the reply!

I think I'm good now. Late last night I discovered that the dsp sets the default volume level of the stereo mix to zero. Cranked it up and it worked, at least for two zones playing different songs. too sleepy to add another, that's for tonight

I don't think I ever saw it explained plainly, so since I was lucky enough to figure it out on my own, I'll summarize here for anyone else who simply wants 3 outputs out of one of the accepted types of cards.

First, some disclaimers: I know squat about sound processing and had never heard of a dsp until last night. All i know is that my zones now work. I am also relatively certain that nothing but winamp will output sound at the moment, because I didn't hook anything else up in the dsp to the soundcard, although I'm guessing that that is what the Inputs are for. That will be for tonight's late night session. This "guide" could very well be a train wreck, but it worked for me.

I found this page to graphically explain what it needs to look like when you're done.

http://members.home.nl/nahutec/kxtutor/quickkx.htm

All you need to do is "clear dsp" (which will have repercussions to the other sound producing items on your pc, those will need to be manually reconnected, and no I don't know how to do that yet :lol: ) and then add these plugins, which if I recall are located in the Profx and Basic (i'm not at home, so i'm going on memory here) menus in the "right-click" context menu. You will have one Src and one "stereo mix" plugin for each instance of winamp, all of those plugin pairs are then connected to the "k1lt" plugin (or k2lt depending on the card you have, it will tell you if you guess wrong!), which represents the sound card itself. You will want to make sure that there is a signal coming from your source, which you can check by finding the Peak plugin (i think in Basic) and attaching it to the source. This is how I figured out that my problem was in the stereo mix, as Peak told me I was outputting a signal, but the sound card wasn't getting anything. I double clicked the stereo mix plugin, and it showed that the volume was set to zero.

As I said, this works for me, but I know I still have a lot of work to do to make sure everything else is capable of producing sound (like dscaler, games, etc), since I basically gutted the driver by clearing the dsp. I welcome anyone's suggestions to correct errors in the above, or to do things more simply than I have as described here.

thanks again for the help!
btrcp2000

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:38 pm

Thanx for this thread... kX drivers solved big problem for me.

I needed to get analog 5.1 sounds inputted to computer from external source and with these drivers it was possible to do with my ages old live platinium.

But i still have little problem with the setup and i hope u guys can provide some input. Right now im mixing/cross fading external 5.1 input and computer generated 5.1 together and outputing it to analog 5.1. But i really need a way to control mixers or crossfaders (kX plugins) automaticly? anybody succeeded on that?
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:00 pm

P3rv3rt B3ar wrote:Thanx for this thread... kX drivers solved big problem for me.

I needed to get analog 5.1 sounds inputted to computer from external source and with these drivers it was possible to do with my ages old live platinium.

But i still have little problem with the setup and i hope u guys can provide some input. Right now im mixing/cross fading external 5.1 input and computer generated 5.1 together and outputing it to analog 5.1. But i really need a way to control mixers or crossfaders (kX plugins) automaticly? anybody succeeded on that?

Solved. once again thanx for pointing me in direction of kX.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Previous