Support additional ID3 fields for sorting

Got an idea, post it here

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:35 pm

Here's a nice website with a large list of ID3 tags (not too sure if every single one is included):

http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exi ... s/ID3.html

Steven, how does this compare to what you have? a06lp, the 'Mood' tag is the TMOO ID found int ID3 v2.4 tags. I wonder if MediaMonkey changed the naming (for whatever reason), and that is the tag you were after from the start?

Anyways, as said, pretty cool site, worth having a look.

Hope this helps

David
Marbles_00

Postby a06lp on Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:41 pm

@Marbles,

no, mediamonkey has mood and situation. they are seperate tags.

@Steven,

can you PLEASE implement the "mood" tag?
a06lp

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:08 am

stevenhanna6

Postby a06lp on Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:51 am

stevenhanna6 wrote:ok mood tag should work now

Steven, you are my new Diety.
Thank you so much!

Somewhat related question - I noticed all your 'updates' are named "xlobby2screentest.zip". Do each of these updates have it's own file until confirmed working (doubtful, to me)? Or are they the same file just updated with another fix, and another fix, etc. - so that one file contains all the fixes?
a06lp

Postby jowaldo on Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:30 am

a06lp wrote:
stevenhanna6 wrote:ok mood tag should work now

Steven, you are my new Diety.
Thank you so much!

Somewhat related question - I noticed all your 'updates' are named "xlobby2screentest.zip". Do each of these updates have it's own file until confirmed working (doubtful, to me)? Or are they the same file just updated with another fix, and another fix, etc. - so that one file contains all the fixes?

Correct me if I'm wrong Steven, but as far as I know its just the same file constantly updated over again with the millions of little patches/additions.
jowaldo

Postby Twit on Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:15 pm

TIP! TIP TIP

Keep your old downloads of xlobby because steve doesn't.

I keep one or two copies of older versions that I know work - just in case.
Twit

Postby stevenhanna6 on Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:10 am

both jowaldo and twit are right, I would also add make backups of your skin if you working on one. You never know what might happen and loosing all the work in a skin is a hazard to ones health.
stevenhanna6

Postby Evander on Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:54 pm

a06lp wrote:@Marbles,

no, mediamonkey has mood and situation. they are seperate tags.

@Steven,

can you PLEASE implement the "mood" tag?

Hi guys. Mood, Situation, Tempo and Preference are "tags" inherited from MusicMatch and implemented as comments (COMM frames). In ID3V2, you can have more than one COMM frame. There's no ID3 frames for these tags (only MOOD). Programs like Musicmatch, JRiver Media Center, Meedio, MediaMonkey and others read these Tags.
It's easy: open a MP3 song that have these tags with a Hexadecimal editor and you'll see.
I opened XCan sourcecode and saw that it's already prepared to read mood, situation, tempo and preference. All my mp3's has these tags...

Sorry my bad english.
Evander

Postby bfauska on Sun May 14, 2006 5:40 am

Did Album artist get added?

I would really like to be able to have all of my id3 information accurate about who performed each song on an album, but I don't want to see several instances of each album because it has several artists. In the past I have sorted my CDs by artist or group that the album was released by(for non-compilations and non-soundtracks) and then by album title. I could do the same with my mp3 collection if I were able to sort by "album artist" and I have used this tag in MediaMonkey but it doesn't seem to be coming over to XLobby.

One example of this is a song on Kid Rock's Cocky CD. The song features Snoop Dogg so the ID3 info for artist is "Kid Rock feat. Snoop Dog." When I sort my albums by artist:albumname the whole Cocky CD ends up under Various because of this one song. I could just change all the tracks on the ablum to artist="Kid Rock" but then if I want to play a bunch of Snoop I can't find this track that way anymore.

I would also like to be able to select an option to append artist names in the catagory display. I don't want The Beasty Boys to be in the "The" section. I think that this is a request somewhere else but I thought I would mention it because it has to do with the act of sorting my tunes the way I want them.

Thanks for reading my Long post I hope it made sense.

Later,
Brian
bfauska

Postby bfauska on Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:30 am

Bump..... Still Looking for Album Artist.

Help.

Please.

Later,
Brian

P.S. The now playing signiture (I just set mine up) is cool.
bfauska

Postby bfauska on Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:21 pm

bumpity bump bump bump. :D

Later,
Brian
bfauska

Postby S Pittaway on Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:58 am

Album Artist would be helpfull, i would like track genre as well if possible.
S Pittaway

Postby slaman on Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:32 pm

I'm looking for album artist as well please - my whole compilation is organized using album artist...
slaman

Postby S Pittaway on Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:41 am

steve isent going to do this can someone knock a plugin up to import tags properly?

i am busy at the moment or i would do it...

the code is on google :) so you could also "fix" the file length bug and add flac support at the same time?
S Pittaway

Previous