Has anyone seen this: Direct TV Stream to PC

Speak your mind

Has anyone seen this: Direct TV Stream to PC

Postby lpg on Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:24 pm

I had plugged my HD20 reciever into my network just to see what would happen. Media center recognized the device under Vista but I could not get any listings. I found this link to a DirectTV piece of software called DIRECT2PC: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageNR.jsp?assetId=P4920044.

Has any seen or used this?
lpg

Re: Has anyone seen this: Direct TV Stream to PC

Postby dickiedoo on Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:55 pm

yes.I downloaded it to 2 pc. Only standard def would work on pentium 4, 2.8ghz, 2gb ram. Hi def and standard work well on core 2 duo 2.4 ghz, 2gb ram. You will need a seperate liscense for each computer. It will only play what is recorded on dvr not live tv,unless you are recording the live tv. Trying to figure out how to incorporate into Xlobby. I have not found a way to record the stream to hard drive. Anyone have any thoughts.
dickiedoo

Postby scottw on Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:52 am

This only works with HD DVR's though right. I thought I read it does not work with standard DVR's, hopefully I am wrong since I only have standard DVR's :(
scottw

Postby dickiedoo on Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:18 am

Get a HD DVR. Directv doesn't advertise it, but they allow a SD to HD reciever upgrade each 12 months for $99. I don't work for them.
dickiedoo