Edit DB Field from Xlobby

Got an idea, post it here

Edit DB Field from Xlobby

Postby chadwolcott on Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:26 pm

Would it be possible to create a new event command that could change the value of a db field? I am creating a number of db fields for movies with the audio formats (see other feature request :D ) and a status field. The status field wil be a path to an image based on whether it is a new movie or a favorite, maybe even a number of stars field?

I would like to be able to click the fav button and have it set the status field to <path to folder>\favorite.png or 4stars.png or something.

Like below, the "new" image overlay would change to favorite based on selecting the Fav button. Sorry the image is so big, my new skin is 1776x1000 :oops:

chadwolcott

Postby gamejester on Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:50 pm

I have made this request previously.
I would also like to be able to change the value of a category field from within XL to mark the status of a show as watched..............similar idea with a graphic that changes depending is a show is new, watched, old...

I currently do this by editing the underlying XML files and inserting a > character when a show is watched, but in order to see the changes you need to perform a category refresh, and this looses your current place in the filtered category view.

Steven, is this something you are considering or not?
gamejester