Naylia's XLobbyMC Skin - Updated 1 JANUARY 2006 www

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby lovingHDTV on Fri May 13, 2005 11:05 pm

That worked great.

thanks
lovingHDTV

Postby Arty on Sun May 15, 2005 1:31 am

Naylia,
Can you add a back button on the music section, because i have them sorted by Artist>Album so after i click on the artist folder, i cant get to a different artist, i get stuck in that single artists... thanks
Also is it possible for you to make a green version of your skin instead of blue? Because green would go so much better with my project, thanks again for your great skin!

Arty
Arty

Postby Naylia on Sun May 15, 2005 2:46 am

Arty,

I suggest you just add the button on your own. It's very easy to do. You can use Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V to copy and paste a button while the skin is open. I believe that on the submenu buttons are spaced 40 pixels apart vertically. Goto the text tab and set it to back, and on the event tab you'll want to make the click event set to goto:back as the event.

If you need more detailed instructions I can do a step by step. Green is unlikely since I didn't do any of the artwork. All credit goes to Samsonite at media portal. I don't even have psd's, I just have the tifs taken from his skin. Eventually there should also be black with orange buttons.
Naylia

Postby Chazotta on Tue May 17, 2005 2:51 am

Naylia,

Are you planning on adding some more control buttons, like volume control, zone control, maybe EQ ? VOlume is pretty important - have I missed this somewhere ?? The only other button might be the power off button, if it gives you the option to minimise, shut down/standby etc. I think minimise is important at the very least.

Also as an aside, as far as I am aware, I cannot use SageTV in Australia. I am using a program which I think is similar to Sage, which controls digital TV, HDTV material, DVD, audio etc. I am wondering how hard it would be to somehow integrate this program into Xlobby (instead of Sage - but with the same type of controls), so that I can launch it to control my TV viewing? This is the only area that xlobby now lacks for me - TV control.

regards, Mark
Chazotta

Postby Naylia on Tue May 17, 2005 11:19 am

Mark,

Lets see TV first...can you use sendmessage commands to control the other program you use? If so you and you can get the info you can just go in and modify the sage events so that they work with your program instead.

Yes, I am planning on adding some more control buttons. I think I'm going to expand the control box as a place to insert more buttons and I'll probably do volume this week. I'll do a shutdown/minimize popup while I'm at it. Look for a release sometime end of the week.
Naylia

Postby lovingHDTV on Wed May 18, 2005 1:08 am

Naylia,
Is internet radio on your list anywhere?

:lol:
lovingHDTV

Postby Naylia on Wed May 18, 2005 11:09 am

Yup, that'll probably be the first thing I do after games/some more controls this week. So maybe next week...
Naylia

Postby Naylia on Wed May 18, 2005 3:18 pm

Has anyone had trouble using IR with XLobbyMC/SageMC? Is anyone have problems with focus issues? Just want to make sure this is as clean as can be since the transition between the two really is the heart of this project.
Naylia

Postby lovingHDTV on Wed May 18, 2005 10:14 pm

I've got it working with my ppc but now need to get my remote working as this is my main means of controlling sage.

I currently use Girder and the WinLIRC plugin to control Sage. I have all my remote command setup to sendmessage commands to Sage. Its been working well for a couple years. I'm a little hesitant to open this can of worms, but I need to.

I downloaded the girder2xlobby plugin, and created an xlobby.xml file from SageMC. I now have a list of commands that it parsed from Xlobby that I need to link to my remote inside Girder.

I understand some simple ones, like xlobby:up, will go to my up key. But what do I do with the multi-use commans like play? Is there an xlobby version of these commands that I need to use so that xlobby can control the correct program? I believe that play is used for music, zoomplayer, and sage with xlobby handling all the details, but I have to tell xlobby somehow that I hit the play buttton. I did not see an xlobby:play command in the xml file and believe that if I link the play key to sagetv:play for example, it will only work under sagetv.

Hoping you could enlighten me.

thanks,
lovingHDTV

Postby lovingHDTV on Wed May 18, 2005 11:31 pm

OK, maybe I've figured out something.

It appears that I will need to create an event for each of the ircommand that you have created in the ir dirctory. When I do this I can assign them a wparam/lparam pair and then use Girder to call them.

Is this correct?

Now, off to figure out how to create the events. Looks like a perl script to convert the ir command xml file to an event xml file would work best.
lovingHDTV

Postby Naylia on Thu May 19, 2005 12:27 am

ok, here's what you do, xlobby can recieve wparam/lparam you should be able to retarget you existing commands to events in xlobby. i think you should use girder to direct all it's sendmessages to xlobby and let xlobby redirect, i suspec that the delay will be nonexistant and this will allow for multiuse commands

this is similar to why i disable my usb-uirt because you don't want play doing to both programs, you only need it to goto one program and let that program decide what to do with it based on what you are doing

i wish i knew more about the girder plugin i think you should be able to assign the same trigger to multiple events like you can with IR
Naylia

Postby lovingHDTV on Thu May 19, 2005 12:04 pm

So I should be able to link my play command in girder to the xlobby music:play, zoom:play, and sagetv:play commands and then xlobby will forward the appropriate command to the right place.

I'll give that a shot.

Thanks again,
lovingHDTV

Postby Naylia on Thu May 19, 2005 1:14 pm

Lovin'...I'm gonna open a new thread in the support section for this and we'll try and get you some help configuring it. You're definitly getting into the weeds on this, but you'll learn a quite a bit I'm sure.

Help with Girder needed
Naylia

Postby Naylia on Thu May 19, 2005 1:25 pm

In other news. I've added now playing mini-viewers, music volume controls, ppc sage goto control screen functionality, and have built a games section. But the games section has a couple small kinks I'm working out, but hopefully you'll see a new version with all this fun stuff tonight or tommorrow. I also still need to add all the fixes to the widescreen version.
Naylia

Postby dagar on Fri May 20, 2005 2:10 pm

Cool :D

So what sort of 'games' do you mean?

How hard would it be for me to add the 'my pix' section to it?
dagar

PreviousNext