My First Skin

Speak your mind

My First Skin

Postby trevis on Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:38 pm

The album selector:

The album viewer:

Thoughts comments sugestions? A 16x9 version will be following soon after icomplete the 4x3 version.

Steven, awesome job with the skin editor. It really is quite intuitive for the vast majority of things. I did run into a couple of issues/bugs that limited what I could change:

I couldn’t delete the search feature. I don’t use it and was considering removing it, but found out that that’s not possible. If you remove it, you get an instant wsod.

Font color! I can’t change the font colors anywhere. The values can be added via the skin editor but they don’t function. I get the feeling that you probably know this already.

I couldn’t resize the font for ‘position-page’ or ‘position-album’ on the album viewer page.

Other than that things went very well once I understood how it all worked. Well, I’m off to a BBQ. I’ll share the skin I’m completed but it still needs a little work.
trevis

Postby mattdisaster on Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:00 am

Great skin! Looks amazing! How did you implement your own number/letter index on the first screen shot, I know steven had a beta worked up, but nothing solid. Care to share? :lol: Great work on the sleek looking panels to. You can tell you really put alot of work into it.

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby trevis on Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:16 am

I will definitely be sharing soon! I just need to finish the other sections, which should be much simpler than the music area. I started there because i spend the most time using xlobby on my tablet PC for listening to music at work (that's also why i target 4x3 first). The other areas will be much simpler.

The number/letter index is the same as the one that Stephen uses (It's been in the CD section for a few versions now --unless i'm misunderstanding the question?) I only changed the button graphic.

I have other ideas that i would love to play with that are gonna require me to be able to change the font color but luckily my first skin's simplistic color scheme works well with white.
trevis

Postby samgreco on Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:47 am

trevis,

Wow! That's beautiful. You do good work. I'll have to steal....I mean check it out when you post it :)

Sam
samgreco

Postby mattdisaster on Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:00 am

hmmm trevis, I must have missed that thread... got any links?

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby stevenhanna6 on Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:30 am

your skin looks great :) I'll post a link on my site when your done if you want.....I'll have to look into the font color /WSOD / and the positions problem tomorrow(falling asleep right now).....they sound like bugs though...shouldn't be hard to fix....you'll have to use the latest alpha39test when I make the fixes though.
stevenhanna6

Postby trevis on Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:06 pm

Yeah, i figured that. I've been using v38 so far. I'll make whatever changes are necessary and let the skin's public release be for v39. I'll zip it and send you an email when i've done the other sections.

I've got a question. You mentioned at one time that you would be adding volume control are you planing on having that be a slider or a +/- button sort of thing? (I'm planing to add +/- volume buttons for sending girder events, and it would be nice to be able to use the same button images to control the real xlobby volume feature)
trevis

Postby trevis on Tue Sep 02, 2003 6:27 pm

hmmm trevis, I must have missed that thread... got any links?

I cant find any links to discussions about it but it's been in x since v36 i think? You are asking about the # A B C.... buttons, right?
trevis

Postby mattdisaster on Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:07 pm

Yup... hmm I must be more drunk than i thought. hehe ill look. good skin though!

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby trevis on Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:29 pm

I'm just about finnished with it now. Also, everything's working with Alpha 39 test-c.

Stephen,

Thanks for doing the font color stuff. It seems to be working in most places now. I notice that cant change the font color in the search area of the album selector screen, also i cant change the color of the 'position-page' text.

I'll let you know if i notice a spot where it dosent work.

Thanks.
Skining xlobby gives me an even greater respect for how incredibly cool this thing is. You are the man!
trevis

Postby stevenhanna6 on Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:41 am

I notice that cant change the font color in the search area of the album selector screen, also i cant change the color of the 'position-page' text.

I'll let you know if i notice a spot where it dosent work.

noted, I also got your email I wont post the skin until alpha 39 is ready...I'm itching to get back to work on it...before I would play games with my free time....now I just want to program xlobby lol

Skining xlobby gives me an even greater respect for how incredibly cool this thing is. You are the man!

yes the skinning abilities have evolved quite nicely...all thanks to users making requests and suggestions :)
stevenhanna6

Postby trevis on Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:05 am

[quote]noted, I also got your email I wont post the skin until alpha 39 is ready[quote] Good idea. After 39 is finalized i'll give it a good once over and i'll let you when it's ready.
trevis

Postby Gozur on Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:06 am

Trevis,

Any word on this one for us un-artistic skin junkies?

-Goz
Gozur

Postby Mac on Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:52 pm

Trevis, I love your skin. I would sure like a copy of it too. Will it be ready for download from xlobby.com or via email? My address is mailto:alabamadoc@charter.net.

thanks,
Mac
Mac