Thin client not exiting...*SOLVED*

Help each other out

Thin client not exiting...*SOLVED*

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:55 pm

Well, actually it does, but not how I had hoped. I have an event tied to an exit button to "exit client". Nothing special, I tied that to a button on my ppc screen and it works fine. I'm in the midst of creating some personalized screens for displaying ZS5 on my MediaPVR and I have the same exit event tied to a button. What I noticed is that if I navigate to the exit button via remote and execute ("OK" button on the remote), or via keyboard and execute (press the "Enter" key), nothing happens. If I click on it with a direct mouse click, or direct press as indicated on the ppc screen touchscreen, it works fine.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? Is there a work-around, as I need to have the remote close the client window? Using the remote, I can navigate around the client screen, even execute goto events to goto other screens...I think (now I'm starting to second guess myself). Hmm...now I'm wondering maybe I can use a run event to actually execute the "exit client" command. Or I wonder what would happen if I run an XSend command from the MediaPVR, and run the event directly on the server?
Last edited by Marbles_00 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marbles_00

Re: Thin client not exiting...

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:19 pm

Okay, I may have a solution for this problem...does anyone know some simple vbs script to move the mouse to a predetermined location on the screen? I've done a google search, and found some code, but I couldn't get it to work for me.
Marbles_00

Postby scottw on Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:37 am

Marbles,

I actually had a similar issue with the thin client closing, it would close but xlobby2sd.exe would still show in the Task Manager. Sometimes is would show multiple times depending on how may times I would open and close it. I have since stared to use "TSKILL" which is built into windows. Have you tried making the event call an OS:Execute and run tskill xlobby2sd. I am pretty sure that is how I am calling it. If you need more info let me know, I will fire up the HTPC and check.

Scott
scottw

Postby scottw on Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:38 am

Marbles_00 wrote:Okay, I may have a solution for this problem...does anyone know some simple vbs script to move the mouse to a predetermined location on the screen? I've done a google search, and found some code, but I couldn't get it to work for me.

I know you can do this with Girder but a vbs script would be easier...I will look to see if I can find one too.
scottw

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:59 am

I found a little executable called mousemu, which uses keystrokes to emulate a mouse. So I can emulate a left button click, only I have to figure out a way to move the cursor over my exit button automatically so I can execute mousemu properly, hence the reason for wanting to know if there was some vbs script for moving the mouse. But from the more I'm reading, it's looking like it is not possible to do :( .

In the meantime I will look at that TSKILL feature. Thanks
Marbles_00

Re: Thin client not exiting...*SOLVED*

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:55 am

So I've been able to solve my little dilemma by using XSend/XReceive. From the music server, in ZS5 I set up an os event to run Xsend, and use the following variable:
Code: Select all
"os:kill process:&c:\client\xlobby2sd.exe&" "8009" "192.168.0.20"
(Which is the IP to my MediaPVR)

I tied it to the specific "Exit" button of the zone screen window. Now on the MediaPVR, I just had to make sure my XReceive conf.ini file matched the IP and port. Then once I've started up the thin client, exiting now closes the thin client executable. It worked from keyboard, so I'm pretty sure it will work from the remote too.

ZS5 is now one step closer to completion. WOOT! WOOT! :D
Last edited by Marbles_00 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marbles_00

Re: Thin client not exiting...*SOLVED*

Postby scottw on Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:17 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:So I've been able to solve my little dilemma by using XSend/XReceive. From the music server, in ZS5 I set up an os event to run Xsend, and use the following varibale:
Code: Select all
"os:kill process:&c:\client\xlobby2sd.exe&" "8009" "192.168.0.20"
(Which is the IP to my MediaPVR)

I tied it to the specific "Exit" button of the zone screen window. Now on the MediaPVR, I just had to make sure my XReceive conf.ini file matched the IP and port. Then once I've started up the thin client, exiting now closes the thin client executable. It worked from keyboard, so I'm pretty sure it will work from the remote too.

ZS5 is now one step closer to completion. WOOT! WOOT! :D

Forgot all about the kill process command built into XL :lol: :lol:
scottw