InTheaters plugin via XScript - Discontinued

Xlobby plugin development

Postby tswhite70 on Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:27 pm

You'll need to configure the event for the button to use whatever media player you want for the trailer. It's currently set up for Zoomplayer.

good luck,
tsw
tswhite70

Postby homepc on Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:39 am

Ok...great!! Thanks

Ray
homepc

Postby homepc on Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:52 pm

Im sorry, but I'm still not too sure how to play the trailers. There is a button that looks like the Quicktime icon. The event associated with it is under....intheaters, Play Trailer, execute and the catagory name is Xintheaters. How does that event know what player to call and how does it pass the trailerul veriable?

I'm just confused, what is the simpliest way to get the trailerurl to play.

Thanks!
Ray
homepc

Postby tswhite70 on Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:52 am

I just checked the event, I did not have it tied specifically to a player on this skin... so it depends on what media player your using.

The url for the trailer is in %Xintheaters>trailerurl% so this is the value you'll want to pass to your media player with whatever command line it requires.

So if your using ZP, you would delete the category>execute event. And then add an OS>Execute file event like:

File = C:\Program Files\Zoom Player\zplayer.exe
Arguments = /MOUSEOFF /Q /F "%xintheaters>trailerurl%"

If you are using MPC I think there is some info early in the thread (or maybe in the Apple Trailer Utility thread?). If you are using the default player in the new version... I have no idea - I haven't played with it yet.

hope that helps - good luck,
tsw
tswhite70

Postby homepc on Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:51 am

Great!! This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much for all your help! I should be fine now.

You guys are the best!

Thanks again
Ry
homepc

Postby homepc on Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:08 am

Just a thought, would it be much trouble to be able to grab more than one trailer? I know some movies have a few trailers and was wondering if a tweek could be made to grab them all? Just a thought.

I Love this script though!!

Thanks
Ray
homepc

Postby tswhite70 on Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:43 pm

So you want all the trailer versions (A,B,etc) for the movie in a certain size, or just all the trailers (multiple sizes)? Either way the problem we run into is how to display them and allow you to play them without putting a bunch static fields/buttons on the screen. The DB is already multi-level for the theaters & showtimes which is kind of a pain. Adding another level or branch of subitems for the trailers...well, I don't know how exactly that would work from an Xlobby standpoint or if it would work at all (I don't think it's possible off hand).

I could add the trailers as static fields in the DB, something like:

trailer1description
trailer1url
trailer2description
trailer2url
trailerNdescription
trailerNurl

And then you would have to create a unique button for each trailer to play it - but that would be pretty ugly IMO (both visually and skin\event wise).

I have considered doing this or some variation of it for the Apple Trailers Utility. But there it would be easy as the database is flat right now, so adding a level for the different trailers would be no problem. And that's one possible option, I just force everyone to run the Apple Trailers Utility if they want trailers in InTheaters and then link across the db's by Movie name (or Itunes URL since I do some fuzzy matching). Not sure I want to make one "plugin" dependent on another, but maybe...

I'll think about it some, my current plan for future updates is:
    - Complete Extended Search Debugging
    - Update showtimes filter variable with timespans for better filtering
    - Incremental Updates
    - XML config file
    - Theater Display Order\Exclusions
    - Convert to real plugin
Right now I'm busy updating the XLMP skin for my setup so I'm not doing any coding unless I have too :)

tsw
tswhite70

Postby homepc on Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:39 am

Thanks tswhite70! It was just a thought, but I can see how it could become messy for the skin and for the database. The only reason I brought it up, was this Yahoo GO thing. I was playing around with it nd when you select the trailer icon, it would bring up a listing of trailers. You then cn select the ones you want to watch. Again, it was just a thought!!

This is a great script! Thanks
Ray
homepc

Re: InTheaters plugin via XScript - Updated v5.2 - 03/03/2007

Postby homepc on Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:16 pm

I've just run into an error with the InTheaters script. I now get an error when it's getting movie information. The script runs fine for the first 10 out of 14 movies that its dowloading information for, but when it comes to the movie "Snow Cake", it dowloads the information, trailers, and other stuff, but when it gets to "formatting data" it gets the error:

Argument "Length" must be equal or greater than 0............or something like this.

Is there anything I can do to the script to change this?

Thanks
Ray
homepc

Postby cmhardwick on Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:20 pm

I ran into that once and the next day it corrected itself. You might try again later today or tomorrow, just to see.
cmhardwick

Postby homepc on Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:29 pm

Ok great....I will try again tonight.....thanks
homepc

Postby homepc on Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:34 pm

Rats....I just tried it again and its the same thing. It started yesterday, so I have waited almost a day. I'll try again in a few days.....I hope this goes away by itself.

thanks
ray
homepc

Postby cmhardwick on Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:46 pm

yeah, jump back a page in the post and you'll see where Marbles and I were getting that error in March. One thing TSWhite suggested was to check the timeout value. You might try increasing it. I think the default is 3000 (3 seconds) I upped mine, but I'm at work now and I don't remember what I changed it too. Possibly 5000.
cmhardwick

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:52 pm

I got that error now. My timeout is at 10000ms. This may require tswhite's intervention. But in the meantime, I will wait and try later on to see if there is a glitch on the server end.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

*EDIT*
Found this in the error log:
Code: Select all
The request has timed out! URL= http://movies.go.com/

Tried to increase my timeout to 30000ms, but got the same error. I also manually went to the website fine. My error always occurs on the 6 of 24 movie called Dead Silence. Maybe it is so aweful, it killed the plugin :lol:
Last edited by Marbles_00 on Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marbles_00

Postby homepc on Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:36 pm

Ok great! Thanks for your help. I will also try and up my timeout and see if it helps. This is such a great script, I hope we can get this resolved....

thanks
Ray
homepc

PreviousNext