remote help

Help each other out

remote help

Postby nrj0122 on Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:21 pm

Could someone give me some help with how or if is possible to control xlobby with my hauppauge 45 button silver remote?
What plugins would I need and how to install them in a step by step process would be very helpful as I'm not very good at tweaking xlobby. I did try to integrate my hauppauge 1600 tuner card with wintv 2000 with no success. I found a help install file for that here in the forums section, but again I just didn't understand how to integrate some of the commands. So, if anything, I will settle for the remote to control it.

If I do get the remote to controll it, I use zoomplayer to watch movies, could I get it to control that also? If not, I could just maybe use the player that is included with the new xlobby version? ( I have an older version-xlobby simplicity installed right now.)

Also, why does it say when I download the latest xlobby version from the homepage and start it up that it will expire soon? Isn't this freeware?

I really appreciate the time and effort for whoever would help me with this as it will be time consuming and I'm sure you have better things to do.

thanks ahead of time
nrj0122

Re: remote help

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:34 pm

Download last free version of girder, and get plugin for hauppauge remotes for it and also use Xremote to interface between girder and XL. All this has been well documented on threads just like this one, so search!

For telly u could try to use XLTV plugin, that has direct support for hauppauge software.

Xlobby is not currently freeware anymore (also pay version is not for sale yet)... but look around... who knows mayby u even manage to score the old files somewhere... besides atleast currently all xlobbyist with some background are sticking with old version, so i think u can safely assume it will be supported... (well one notable exception... but he was swallowed by earth or kidnapped by aliens)
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby homepc on Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:39 pm

nrj0122,

I too have the hauppauge 1600 tuner card. Unfortunately, that card uses the newer version of wintv2000. Version 6 I think. That version of wintv2000 is not compatable with the XLTV plugin. As for the remote, yes I also have that working. As P3rv3rt B3ar said, you need to get the free version of girder, and xRemote. If you search for xremote, you should find documentation on how to set it up.

thanks
ray
homepc

Postby nrj0122 on Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:58 pm

Thanks for the info

I actually now am using the firefly remote instead, but still having problems with applications opening up with in xlobby, I cant control them, I can only control the xlobby interface.

With your hauppauge remote, when you open up your wintv v6 with in xlobby-can you change channels and control that interface?

If so, I take it I have to go through setting up my remote manually with xremote and girder ( which I haven't done because the newest xlobby version incorperates the firefly remote controls automatically-so I dont need to program anything (except for the problem above).

Just so I know before I spend a few hours setting up xremote and girder, will that take care of my problem of controling applications (wintv app.) that open up within xlobby (I assigned a new button that when "clicked" opens up my wintv 2000 app.)?

Again, I'm using the newest version of xlobby.
nrj0122