xLiveShout v1.2.1

Xlobby plugin development

Re: xLiveShout Beta v0.2

Postby cmhardwick on Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:48 pm

Interesting to hear from Steven if the internal player will support shoutcast.

or anything else for that matter ... :?
cmhardwick

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:26 pm

Hey Scottw,

Can you let me know what your %zone>#>status% command is reporting when running multiple streams? For some reason, on my music server, mine reports the same stream, though according to the winamps playlist, different streams are playing to the different instances of winamp.

I thought I was having a config problem (though it still could be), because on my test system, I was not seeing this...though now I realized on the test system I'm not using the %zone>#>status% command to report what is playing, but just going by defrag's default audioplayer>nowplaying command. I'm going to play around with it more tonight, but figured I'd ask others to see what they are seeing.
Marbles_00

Postby scottw on Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:31 pm

Mine show the separate streams like it should. If you need another set of eyes to look at you can send it to me and I would be glad to look.

Hope you get it worked out.
scottw

Postby defrag on Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:40 pm

scottw wrote:Hope you get it worked out.

Me too 8)
defrag

Postby defrag on Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:36 pm

Hay Marbles... any joy?

Mini update, I've got station updates working which you can set the time interval on and start and stop it when you enter your shoutcast screen. Just working on the favourites now. Once that is done, and pending anyone finding anything else that needs fixing... I'll probably do a full release over the weekend.
defrag

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:38 am

I think I figured it out. For the longest time I defined %zone>#>status% where "#" was a number for what ever zone. I got thinking that in all reality, my sources aren't defined by numbers, but by names. So I went through and changed the # from 1 through 7 to the actual name (Main1/2/3, Upstairs1/2/3, and House). Since the change, it would apppear that everything is working as it should.

Thanks for such a cool plugin defrag. And for sharing this plugin with the plublic, especially during this time of unrest.
Marbles_00

Postby defrag on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:00 am

Excellent news!! So glad you got it sorted.

Although we seem to be cut off from the "Calrad Experience" xlobby life still goes on, and will always untill something else comes up that does everything that free-lobby can do and more. I love this program and will continue to support it and my plugins.

Now... back to documentation :(
defrag

Postby scottw on Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:50 am

Marbles_00 wrote:I think I figured it out. For the longest time I defined %zone>#>status% where "#" was a number for what ever zone. I got thinking that in all reality, my sources aren't defined by numbers, but by names. So I went through and changed the # from 1 through 7 to the actual name (Main1/2/3, Upstairs1/2/3, and House). Since the change, it would apppear that everything is working as it should.

Thanks for such a cool plugin defrag. And for sharing this plugin with the plublic, especially during this time of unrest.

Glad you got it working Marbles!!!

I agree with you Defrag! What's cool about your plugin is I am sure there are other ways you may be able to use this sort of function for interacting with web pages, if you wanted :lol:

You are an asset to XL and thank you.

Back to trying to tweak the category to make it fit right, what a pain in the A$$
scottw

Postby defrag on Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:49 pm

scottw wrote:Back to trying to tweak the category to make it fit right, what a pain in the A$$

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry about that 8)
defrag

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:50 pm

One more thing...most likely a config problem on my part, but I noticed that the genre category>page will report 1 of 1 until I actually highlight an entry, then it swithes to 1 of 4. The only thing I'm thinking is that it is looking at the station category when I'm not accessing the genre category, and report on that. I didn't copy your events over...only the plugin.dll and created the station category...so I'm thinking that is the problem. Also have to add your search feature in....most likely next week will be an updated release of ZoneSkin4.
Marbles_00

Postby scottw on Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:55 pm

defrag wrote:
scottw wrote:Back to trying to tweak the category to make it fit right, what a pain in the A$$

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry about that 8)

No, please don't apologize.....GREAT WORK!!!
scottw

Postby sharp_1 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:06 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:So I went through and changed the # from 1 through 7 to the actual name (Main1/2/3, Upstairs1/2/3, and House). Since the change, it would apppear that everything is working as it should.

Marb:
I am having a problem getting my zones to show up on my test machine...I have 2 instances of winamp going...one named PartyZone and the other is TheaterZone. I am using the %zone>PartyZone>status% variable to pull info and can't get it...may just have to load your zoneskin to get an idea.
sharp_1

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:35 pm

I am using the %zone>PartyZone>status% variable to pull info and can't get it

Out of curiosity, in your case, have you tried numerical values instead? This is something I'm going to look into a try and understand more. Where does this info comfrom? How it is listed in the winamp zones of xlobby/setup, or from setup/XNET? Up until last night, I always thought that we had to use numerical values and it took the name in order of how the winamps are ordered in setup/general, but I'm not so sure about that now.

Oh well, something to do when the family goes to bed tonight.
Marbles_00

Postby sharp_1 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:10 pm

I think it may just be the PC I am using to try and test with. I never had a problem with zones showing up using # value before but I tried your alpha solution anyway with no success...thought it may have been the release that I have (Feb 26th 2007). I will have to check zoning in realtime with HTPC to confirm # or alpha naming order. I will get back to you. Thanks!!!
sharp_1

Postby scottw on Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:08 pm

OK I got the cats working, as always I make things alot more complicated then they are.

Working with the search function now, which is way cool. Only problem I am having is how to you clear the "button>input" on the load of the overlay. If I open my search overlay and type "LED" then search, it closes the overlay and does the search (perfect) but when I reopen the search "LED" is still in the button>input field. I would like to clear that out each time. I know this is simple but must have a "case of the monday's" and figured I would ask.

Thanks,
scottw

PreviousNext