Performance on PPC

Speak your mind

Performance on PPC

Postby lovingHDTV on Mon May 02, 2005 8:56 pm

I'm using a Dell Axim X30 624Mhz PPC as a client to my Xlobby server. On this server I have ~200-300 albums of music. When I use the PPC to access and play the music it seems to respond quickly for the first couple queries, but then it really slows down and response time if quite bad.

At the same time that I try to use the PPC I can use the mouse on the server and response time is excellent, but the PPC is still hanging. Is this normal? What kind of a load can a PPC like this handle?

I am connecting to the server via WiFi, and have a strong connection.

thanks,
lovingHDTV

Postby rbziggy on Tue May 03, 2005 10:40 pm

I have same PPC and something over 300 albums so pretty much the same setup there.

I'm using the latest 'simplicity' skin from Steve configured to my needs.

I have to say I have no performance problems of this type and everything runs very quickly (better than I'd really hoped for). Scrolling is very fase even when album covers are being sent over and commands execute almost instantly.

This may not be of direct help in isolating the problem but at least you know that it should be fast.

What type of queries are you doing that slows things down?

Regards
rbziggy

Postby lovingHDTV on Tue May 03, 2005 11:04 pm

I notice that it slows down when I go to the detail page, and start looking at all the tracks. I'll have to monitor it more and see how it plays out.

thanks for the input,
lovingHDTV