A very big Thank You

Speak your mind

A very big Thank You

Postby memoe on Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:45 pm

First, thanks to Steven for XLobby. It is exactly what I want, and way more than I need. I promise, I will never confess to my wyfe that all the free time that should have gone into cleaning out the garage and instead have gone to configuring XLobby and "Oscar" (my media PC).

Second, Thanks to all who contribute here. Marbles, Jowaldo, BaddaBing, Colby, Rika, dgemily, and all the rest that I forgot to mention. You have no idea how many people are reading your posts. Take a peak at the unregietered users, or the new users that never post. Know that many, many more read what you say, than reply to it. Thanks from soemone who has learned much from you.

I lurked here for 10 months while I played with XLobby and slowly put together a HTPC. I knew what I wanted to do, and after I tried MCE, I knew that wasn't what I wanted. I found the term "HTPC" and then Google helped. I found a good dedicated HTPC board http://www.htpcnews.com/forums/index.php and then I found links to HTPC software. After I found XLobby, I was hooked. Much of what I needed to know, I found right here.

I figure in about 20 more hours of tinkering, I'll have everything configured just the way I want it. Nevermind, that I thought I was 8 hrs away two months ago! I am sure that I'm close! Someday soon, I'll post some details and pictures of my setup. I love that section! I was sooo excited when it was created. Then I saw BaddaBing's setup, and I was depressed for a week. Of course, BaddaBing's setup gives us a fantastic Home Theater example to shoot for!

Thanks!
memoe

Postby Colby on Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:35 pm

In the 3 years Ive been a part of this forum I believe this is the first "thank you" post I have ever read. How nice. Thank you!
Colby

Postby BaddaBing on Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:07 am

You are very welcome - and a very nice gesture on your part -thanks.

-baddabing
BaddaBing

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:21 am

No, I should be thanking you memoe. To be mentioned in with the high caliber of talent of that group, I am truely touched.

Thank you.
Marbles_00

Postby rika on Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:23 pm

Yes, dito, very much thank you!

Rika
rika

Postby dgemily on Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:22 pm

so, I must say thank you too !!!! :wink:
dgemily

Postby jowaldo on Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:15 pm

Thanks for the good word!

Hopefully I'll be more help again around here soon ;)
jowaldo

Postby cinOxen on Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:44 pm

I just started using xlobby and now I'm somewhat familiar with it I think it's the best front end around. Thanks for making it and keeping it free!
cinOxen

Postby cmhardwick on Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:33 am

I have to add my thanks as well. This is great software and the skins I've seen amaze me. I wish I had HALF the talent out there. I've finally settled on one I like and that really fits my needs, now to finish customizing it. :lol:

The support here is great. It's nice to have not only programmers but VERY talented users sharing their knowledge with those of use just getting our feet wet.
cmhardwick